You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

To angry and the 48%. I feel your pain. Our thoughts go out to the fallen,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36615028

You still think that posh twat retiring to a big fuck-off yacht, while his chief co-bastard became the editor of one of the country's most widely-read newspapers, is worth wrecking the economy for a generation and bringing all the racists out onto the street like a plague of fat-necked tattooed rats?

You're actually quite useful on this thread.  Whenever people argue for Labour to come out full Remain or demand a second referendum, you come along to remind us that there are plenty of people in the UK who are utterly incapable of learning from facts.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I fall into that category. I've never voted in a GE as it's a waste of time.

The referendum was the first time I've been given the opportunity to take part in a vote that might actually change something. What that change will/might be I don't know but it's a chance I was willing to take. 

Oh, and to save anyone the trouble of checking the poll to see how I voted. I voted leave. 

Would you vote Leave again in a 2nd ref?

0SmvnDEy_bigger.jpgProf Tanja Bueltmann @cliodiaspora

Many Brexiters tell me that UK should “look after its own first, like those in military”. Stefanie looked after exactly that by supporting her husband, an officer in the British Army. That now means she may not get settled status to be able to stay in UK. She’s #AlreadyNotFine

DsRc_rBXgAEN3hK.jpg

14 hours ago, mattyq said:

What sort of change are you hoping for, mate?

Anything other than the norm of what we're force fed year after year after year, ad infinitum. 

Ideally id like a revolution where those like Philip Green are held to account instead of being able to get away with the shite they do. Add to that the royal family and anyone else with a sense of entitlement and more fucking money than they know what to do with.

Not going to happen though so I'm hoping the next meteorite that wipes the human population of the face of this planet isn't to far away. At least then we'll all be equals.   

• Upvote 1

So after May's xenophobic "jumping the queue" speech this morning we've got McCluskey parroting the same about our FoM rights. I know leave voters like to repeat the oft-used EUSSR line but there's only one country and 2 parties here that are stripping away the rights of their population. 

29 minutes ago, skend04 said:

So after May's xenophobic "jumping the queue" speech this morning we've got McCluskey parroting the same about our FoM rights. I know leave voters like to repeat the oft-used EUSSR line but there's only one country and 2 parties here that are stripping away the rights of their population. 

Corbyn was asked at the weekend how he'd vote in a hypothetical second referendum - he "doesn't know", apparently.

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog said:

Corbyn was asked at the weekend how he'd vote in a hypothetical second referendum - he "doesn't know", apparently.

He's too preoccupied with tweeting about Pinochet than Brexit which is already failing Labour's six tests, especially on jobs and investment.

29 minutes ago, skend04 said:

He's too preoccupied with tweeting about Pinochet than Brexit which is already failing Labour's six tests, especially on jobs and investment.

A reminder of his full comment below to a hypothetical question. Oh his last three tweets have been about brexit I can't see any Pinochet tweet not that it would matter.

“I don’t know how I would vote, what the options would be at that time"

He gave an interview yesterday saying Labour's position is to vote against the deal the Conservatives brought back as it is not in the interests of the country and fails the six tests. You might want to save some of your ire for actual Labour  mps and Lib Dem (mp) who are considering voting the Tory deal through. Or the Tory mps who might not rebel.

Not sure what Len has said but the Unions are split like the country on FOM. Some are pro some aren't. However I would certainly say Unions are well placed to talk about FOM as they would have in-depth knowledge of how it impacts on employees. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

It just looks like shamelessly cynical and duplicitous politicking, but it's a game of 3D chess, or something. Must be nice when you can play games with people's lives.

Just curious to ask if Corbyn came out full FBPE, what actual effect do you think that would have on the reality of Brexit that May is trying to push through?