You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Oh, lessons need to be learned alright, just not by the people you think. As much as I want Brexit stopped, part of me thinks we need to let it go ahead and stop protecting people from the consequences of their actions. Let's see how good their witless complaints seem when cold reality hits them.

Whilst I agree that a dose of reality would be a good thing: in that it would be an "I told you so" moment , i would wager that a sizeable portion of those who voted leave will be insulated form the aftermath of a cliff edge Brexit as will those Conservative oiks pushing TM.

This debacle has a long way to go yet and will probably take more twists and turns than anyone here can possibly imagine. 

The question is though, will sufficient people be prepared to do anything about it if it is the shitstorm so many are predicting. Ah hae ma doots!! as we say in Ayrshire.

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Oh, lessons need to be learned alright, just not by the people you think. As much as I want Brexit stopped, part of me thinks we need to let it go ahead and stop protecting people from the consequences of their actions. Let's see how good their witless complaints seem when cold reality hits them.

Fucking tell man, you entered into.a coalition  with Cameron which produces ten years of austerity  mass reliance on food banks and an EU referendum. 

The Cameron disaster movie needed a stooge and your lot were more than willing, to play the cunt for a rose garden photo op and a ministerial car. W

Why the fuck do you think you now poll less than the tooting popular front? Your lack of self awareness is outstanding.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Good to see such compassion in a liberal.

8 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

3 minutes ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

Compassion for people who removed my right to live and work in 27 countries? Yeah, they can go fuck themselves, and when they've finished doing that, they can fuck themselves some more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog said:

Compassion for people who removed my right to live and work in 27 countries? Yeah, they can go fuck themselves, and when they've finished doing that, they can fuck themselves some more.

How about for the half of the country that didn't vote for it, but still get shat on?

6 hours ago, cloggypop said:

What about the people that already took up the option of working in one of the other 27 countries but weren't allowed to actually vote? 

That still boils my piss. Imagine having a vote in which the people who have the biggest personal stake in the outcome are barred from voting.

Isn't democracy wonderful. 

49 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That still boils my piss. Imagine having a vote in which the people who have the biggest personal stake in the outcome are barred from voting.

Isn't democracy wonderful. 

It does seem a bit fucking mental. I’m too lazy to search, what was the justification? 

11 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

Which is part of the problem. You don’t really give too much of a fuck about the impact in others compared to the impact on yourself. Current political climate is the result of this tit for tat approach.

those who have done well over the last couple of decades in the major metropolitan areas are reluctant to give much up. So those in the poorer areas have gone, fuck you too. They were fucked either way, may as well fuck those up the food chain who don’t give a fuck.

the approach labour appear to want to take under RedJerry, is to coalesce these communities again, and get people to give a fuck, about those in pooorer areas, to such an extent that it may cost them a little in the short term.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

Which is part of the problem. You don’t really give too much of a fuck about the impact in others compared to the impact on yourself. Current political climate is the result of this tit for tat approach.

those who have done well over the last couple of decades in the major metropolitan areas are reluctant to give much up. So those in the poorer areas have gone, fuck you too. They were fucked either way, may as well fuck those up the food chain who don’t give a fuck.

the approach labour appear to want to take under RedJerry, is to coalesce these communities again, and get people to give a fuck, about those in pooorer areas, to such an extent that it may cost them a little in the short term.

Sorry, none of this makes sense, given how Leave voters have voted to screw themselves too. People are nowhere near as "fucked" as they think, and they're going to find that out the hard way.

• Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Sorry, none of this makes sense, given how Leave voters have voted to screw themselves too. People are nowhere near as "fucked" as they think, and they're going to find that out the hard way.

You don’t think rising inequality, years worth’s of real reduction in wages, food banks, zero hour contracts and a massive slashing of public services a lot of which were blamed on immigrants by the right, had any part to play in some people’s reasons for voting out?

18 hours ago, skend04 said:

This 'lessons not learned' and 'sticking it to the elite' argument always makes me laugh. "Yeah, we showed that David Cameron. He might be off earning £600k per year from various directorships and us ordinary people will likely lose jobs and public services but we showed him..."

Utterly bonkers.

All that extra time he gets to spend with his wife of whom Jimmy McNulty said "I really adored her, though by the time I met her she was already with David. She’s gorgeous and we were all crazy about her. She’s just very clever, very artistic and very beautiful.” That'll teach him!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

You don’t think rising inequality, years worth’s of real reduction in wages, food banks, zero hour contracts and a massive slashing of public services a lot of which were blamed on immigrants by the right, had any part to play in some people’s reasons for voting out?

I think anyone who believes that any of the problems in their lives are the responsibility of immigrants is talking nonsense, quite frankly.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

Spot on.

12 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

I think anyone who believes that any of the problems in their lives are the responsibility of immigrants is talking nonsense, quite frankly.

Well, yes, but you do accept that narrative has been pushed by the right wing media and politicians leading up to the EU vote?

22 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

It’s fortunate your political career never got off the ground, this Tory attitude is prevalent among the career political class from the Blair era on. It’s fundamentally what is pulling the Labour Party apart.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/23/brexit-patients-may-need-own-drug-stockpiles-pharma-execs-tell-commons-committee?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Pages_Manager&fbclid=IwAR2AOQ0z7_T-fThnZ-DFr4XcHKM_7MObN66PtKWb9PNbmoE798hcn46-3zc

This wasn't on the side of Boris's bus but both main parties are taking us there with their cake and consumption nonsense. I wonder what will happen if your medicines need to be kept at low temperatures, the government going to provide these folks with fridges too? 

1 hour ago, Arthur Friedenreich said:

It’s fortunate your political career never got off the ground, this Tory attitude is prevalent among the career political class from the Blair era on. It’s fundamentally what is pulling the Labour Party apart.

Tory attitude? Because I think we generally have it pretty good in this country and I don't buy into this narrative of universal hardship? Madness.

• Downvote 1

I suspect the EU refusing Italy's budget is good news for leavers. Situations like this would definitely be used by the leave campaign as evidence of the EU as an autocratic state. Obviously Italy have the European currency unlike us so not the same but...

Dq-RGh-TGWk-AAa-XPT.jpg

In other news nobody does angry camp better than the Italians. A member of Lega took of his shoe and trampled the commissioner's notes.

After Muscovici spoke against the budget, Ciocca took his shoe and used it to crush the commissioner’s notes, shouting “Italy deserves respect!”

“In Strasbourg, I used my shoe (with a sole made in Italy!) to walk on the mountain of lies that Muscovici wrote against our country!” Ciocca wrote on Twitter

https://m.france24.com/en/20181024-italy-mep-league-shoe-european-commissioners-moscovici