You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

18 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

It's a good job that:

1. That farming is the only thing to worry about. Phew.

2. That our own MPs don't fiddle expenses. Phew.

3. That there's no corruption in UK politics. Phew.

Jeez, you're tedious.

4) Shitting at the side of the M26 is underrated 

5) Blue passports. 

56 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

It's a good job that:

1. That farming is the only thing to worry about. Phew.

2. That our own MPs don't fiddle expenses. Phew.

3. That there's no corruption in UK politics. Phew.

Jeez, you're tedious.

So you're argument is because our lot are bad let's ignore the other lots failings?

As for the rich landowner  issue ( they dont nees to grow a grain of wheat) its where a large slice of our money gets blown. It's a policy that is massively slighted to favour the rich.

I genuinely don't think we'll be better off outside of the EU. Its a long way from perfect (as you can point out) but I'd rather be on the inside trying to fix it, trying to work with our neighbours to improve our lives and the lives of millions of others within the Union, than leaving it to the shower of bastards that pass for the UKs current leaders. 

• Upvote 1

On the subject of rich landowners and the EU.. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/eu-farming-subsidies-billionaires-high-uk-rich-list-recipients-brexit-james-dyson-earl-rosebery-cap-a7815871.html

These people give two fucks about the poorer 80% of European society, that's why they spent the past decade pushing austerity down our necks, pushing forward more privatization, ignoring mass youth unemployment (it cuts thei rich peoples overheads as they pay less wages) whilst handing out genourous subsidies to themselves 

I agree our lot of Tories are far worse but two wrongs do not make a right. Bad rubbish get rid of them all.

40 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

On the subject of rich landowners and the EU.. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/eu-farming-subsidies-billionaires-high-uk-rich-list-recipients-brexit-james-dyson-earl-rosebery-cap-a7815871.html

These people give two fucks about the poorer 80% of European society, that's why they spent the past decade pushing austerity down our necks, pushing forward more privatization, ignoring mass youth unemployment (it cuts thei rich peoples overheads as they pay less wages) whilst handing out genourous subsidies to themselves 

I agree our lot of Tories are far worse but two wrongs do not make a right. Bad rubbish get rid of them all.

and we're continuing to pay them once we're out.  One of the few points the tories have a plan for (lo-and-behold, an area that directly affects major donors' personal wealth), they will be phased out and replaced with "environmental subsidies".  Of course those wealthy landowners who barely farm on the land, breed a few grouse/pheasants for the annual cull and kill protected breeds that might compete for that space if genuinely left unmanaged without penalty will not exactly struggle to qualify to retain their subsidy.  Working farmers on the other hand are going to be put under the cosh if not cut out altogether. 

There is corruption, inequalities and incompetence in all different parts of the NHS. Is that a reason to abandon it (and to trust those right-wing Tories who argue that the alternative would somehow be better)? Or is it a reason to support the good that the NHS does and to keep campaigning for improvements?

Anyone who suggests the former is a gullible, ill-informed nobhead, at best.

It's the same story with the EU, as far as I'm concerned. 

Why is there being corruption inside any government entity news? Of course there's corruption. There's corruption in private inductry too. There's corruption anywhere people think they can get away with it. The role of society is to try and make it as difficult as possible for the corruption to continue. Its neither a reason to be inside or outside the EU. 

25 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Why is there being corruption inside any government entity news? Of course there's corruption. There's corruption in private inductry too. There's corruption anywhere people think they can get away with it. The role of society is to try and make it as difficult as possible for the corruption to continue. Its neither a reason to be inside or outside the EU. 

One corruption-related reason for the UK to leave is the EU proposal to clamp down on tax-dodging.

That's not the way we do things in this country!

48 minutes ago, Anny Road said:

Gnasher is probably the most tolerant man on this forum.

He is never going to win.

You are all cunts. My words not his.

He is and me are occasionally probably the only people to put our massive huge  international following at risk to say Fuck Off.

When I glance at one of his many posts I;m reminded of Don Quixote

6 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You don't vote in local or general elections then?

I do occasionally. Normally to try to vote a corrupt Tory out, I do this realising I may in my ignorance be condoning another corrupt cunt but when it comes down to getting rid of Tory cunt exhibit A it's worth a chance I choose to make.

Now if my hopes become reality and exhibit A Tory cunt gets replaced by exhibt  B  washed down Tory cunt I refrain from skipping to polling station to stamp my approvel.