You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

You spectacularly show yourself up as knowing the square root of fuck all, especially regards the financial markets with that simple quote.

Whereas you fully understand the importance of our banking system being downgraded by the ratings agencies and British Bank stocks being down over 25% since the vote, despite our 'recovery'?

Which shows its a world economy not just a UK or EU centric one.

As Ive said repeatedly, the financial markets react to world events. People are taking profits and getting their nerve back. BoE are also talking about maybe a base rate cut.

Why do you think that is?

Whereas you fully understand the importance of our banking system being downgraded by the ratings agencies and British Bank stocks being down over 25% since the vote, despite our 'recovery'?

Yeah like i only work in financials for the last 20 years and while I wouldnt claim to be an expert like you suggest, I do know the markets move all the time both down and up. Not only that, economies all over the world have been affected by the result so its not just the UK that is affected.

Yes, at the moment, the financial position is in some respects worse off but even then, some losses have been made good. The pound while not at the level on Thursday is actually trading above rates it was at in february. Did we have a referendum in February? No? so what happened to make it lower then?

How come its been lower 8 times in the last 12 months? What happen in the 12 months to make it trade lower?

It might have escaped your notice that the EU force Greece into austerity and together with a couple of other EU countries, they lost their financial ratings. I think even france might have had its rating taken off it. Time and good trading results will see the ratings return. Yes, its easy to be all doom and gloom but that's not going to solve anything.

You seem to think the EU is in a better position than us. It isnt.

If you want to ignore all the financial indicators, some good, some bad, that really is up to you and others. But Im afraid you put yourself in a very weak position criticising others who may have a better insight.

Its called financial management.

Are you suggesting the BoE only changes the base lending rate in bad times?

As a general rule, central banks lower interest rates when they want to stimulate the economy.

A person with a genuine interest in expanding their understanding may ponder why the central bank considers our economy in need of stimulation.

Its called financial management.

Are you suggesting the BoE only changes the base lending rate in bad times?

Well they don't only change them when times are bad, but they do only change them when they are unhappy with the current direction of the economy. And of course change means 2 directions. As has been mentioned previously, when they need to stimulate the economy, they normally lower interest rates. If they feel the market is too hot they'll raise them. Occasionally, but I can't remember the last time we did it, we would raise interest rates to support the pound - but clearly in times of expected depression the safest thing to do is lower rates and throw £250bn of our national reserves at it.

Yeah like i only work in financials for the last 20 years and while I wouldnt claim to be an expert like you suggest, I do know the markets move all the time both down and up. Not only that, economies all over the world have been affected by the result so its not just the UK that is affected.

Yes, at the moment, the financial position is in some respects worse off but even then, some losses have been made good. The pound while not at the level on Thursday is actually trading above rates it was at in february. Did we have a referendum in February? No? so what happened to make it lower then?

How come its been lower 8 times in the last 12 months? What happen in the 12 months to make it trade lower?

It might have escaped your notice that the EU force Greece into austerity and together with a couple of other EU countries, they lost their financial ratings. I think even france might have had its rating taken off it. Time and good trading results will see the ratings return. Yes, its easy to be all doom and gloom but that's not going to solve anything.

You seem to think the EU is in a better position than us. It isnt.

If you want to ignore all the financial indicators, some good, some bad, that really is up to you and others. But Im afraid you put yourself in a very weak position criticising others who may have a better insight.

Ha ha, you work in financials? Probably a cashier in the Asda you fucking knob.

• Upvote 4

Ftse 100 now higher than its been since April 2016. Ftse 250 now higher than this years low points set in January and February.

You remember all the hype and concern at the start of the year that are economy was going to collapse? Yeah, neither do I.

46% of British companies have seen an increase in exports since the vote (I know my small business has seen lots more international in the past week).

Calm before the slow and gloomy storm Mr Nando.

Either the UK delays, delays and/ or stays in the economic area and things carry on like they are now. Which is not what the Brexiters voted for. Still, best economic outcome, and most leave voters don't really understand what they were voting for, so might still happen.

Or, the UK does actually leave, the EU gets arsey which fucks up both the UK and European economies a bit. The UK might be alright initially as it can devalue the pound. Not for long though as the UK has unsustainable debts and has a trading deficit of 5% of GDP.

The poorer southern European countries will be fucked being tied into the euro. This will in turn lead to both UK and EU economies plunging further, combined with weak growth in China will be multiple years of recession, job losses and instability. This is what the Brexiters voted for, and hence why none of the leading campaigners actually want to go through with it.

• Upvote 2

Ftse 100 now higher than its been since April 2016. Ftse 250 now higher than this years low points set in January and February.

You remember all the hype and concern at the start of the year that are economy was going to collapse? Yeah, neither do I.

46% of British companies have seen an increase in exports since the vote (I know my small business has seen lots more international in the past week).

We're still in the EU so....

As we always would be at this point.

Not quite the same rhetoric of a few weeks ago now though is it?

http://internal.uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKCN0Z119I

Our being in the EU is a short term thing, the reaction you are seeingis a reaction to the result with it leveling off as there is no material change (including all those companies waiting to pull the trigger on movinf HQ's to europe).

You'll see a reaction everytime significant news about any possible deal/exit is announced. It's foreshadowing.

Jose is correct; it'll be interesting to see if they actually declare they want to leave as per Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty. I'm envisioning an attempt to kick it down the road for as long as possible to see there is any way they can fudge their way out of it. Effectively Cameron has poisoned the chalice for whoever takes over from him what was the phrase he used after delivering his statement something along the lines of “Why should I be the one to deal with the shit”.

Still reckon we'll stay in, in fact I'm certain of it. There are no plans, that's not how we roll, shit ran away from some quite stupid people and negotiations will be going on all over the place as to how it can all be torpedoed without losing too much face. 

Johnson, Gove and Farage are dicks! Reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. Cameron and Corbyn are pussies. And we're assholes.

Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks.

But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything.

Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls.

The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that.

But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from assholes.

"Crucially, the membership will not have the necessary reassurance to back Boris, neither will (Daily Mail editor Paul) Dacre/(Rupert) Murdoch, who instinctively dislike Boris but trust your ability enough to support a Boris Gove ticket.

Urgh, the country is in a total mess and the only thing the bawbags running for the Conservative leadership can think about is whether the horrible right wing media moguls (who are partially responsible for said mess) are onside.

http://news.sky.com/story/1719331/goves-wife-raises-johnson-leadership-concerns