You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

I really wish this insane myth that the north somehow gets the short straw when it comes to spending, would die. When you look at spending by head the list of regions in the UK goes like this.

N.Ireland
Scotland
Wales
London
North East 
North West
Yorks & Humber
England (as a whole)
West Midlands
South West
East Midlands
East
South East - Where I fucking live.

As you can see outside of London (the shit stain) the north west and north east get the most funding. The south east gets dicked over the most, being the most heavily populated area which means the largest contributions to the government, but the least spent per person.

Guest Pistonbroke

Nah labour will win in 2020, no doubt about it. 

Really, that is some fucking hope you are holding out on. Do you reckon all those Kippers are going to flood over to the red side? 

Nah labour will win in 2020, no doubt about it.

Do you see Corbyn lasting the next couple of weeks? Be amazed if there isn't a move against him. By that I mean the one going on since he was put forward for nomination being made official within the party, of course.

Do you see Corbyn lasting the next couple of weeks? Be amazed if there isn't a move against him. By that I mean the one going on since he was put forward for nomination being made official within the party, of course.

It'll be his own fault. He's been far too passive during this referendum. If he truly believed we should leave he should have come out and stood up for it. If he did honestly think we should have stayed then his performance was woeful.

• Upvote 1

There might be a move, but out of all the parties he's in the best position to handle it because he was wishy washy about being in Europe anyway. He only pushed for it because that's what his party wanted him to project outwardly, he's not arsed either way. In fact his nationalisation proposals will be better implemented now we're out so his manifesto doesn't need to change.

Matt Rooney @mattrooney

@markdennison @BBCNottingham we're in Greece - no cash exchange or cash machine withdrawals for Brits. #brexitfail pic.twitter.com/BzJq7lJvAZ

Flippant response.

He's in fucking Greece! The cash machine is just out of money, like their whole country.

If your destiny really were in your hands then the best thing you could do would be to use this power to re-unite with the EU.

"Accept it and move on" is really a terrible line.  This is going to be hugely damaging to the economy, to people's savings, and as usual the poor and underprivileged are the ones who are going to bear the brunt of it.  And you want everyone to just "accept it and move on?"

Yes I was being satirical, but I admit I didn't do a great job of it.

• Upvote 1

Controversial opinion. Fuck the NHS, that thing is a bloated bureaucratic nightmare, with spiralling costs (like the example of the NHS spending £89.50 on the same amount of cod liver oil capsusles the public could buy for £3.50) that far outweigh the level of treatment you receive (having had relatives die in hospital, cancer scares, confirmed cancer (one dead/one recovered) and many other issues, the only thing that links all experiences is the awful treatment/service). 

We need to go the way of private insurance, with government subsided support for the poorest. But that is another topic.

Top, top cuntery.

Top, top cuntery.

Yes, but the NHS is in need of massive reform. I don't mean privatisation, but it really needs an huge strategic review. It's just so macro that it 's hard to manage. Problem is as soon as they try and break it down into manageable chunks you get the postcode lottery.

Felt physically sick at the events of last night. Utter disaster and every stupid cunt that voted leave should be made to listen to Roger Daltry belting out "Won't Get Fooled Again" on repeat for the rest of the day,

Couple of people I know with small business that buy from Europe have already told me this morning their accounts are on hold. I have heard stories of people abroad not being able to get Euros from atm's or exchange Sterling, These are minor, probably short term, issues but I expect we will be reviled by a large section of erstwhile partners in Europe, As for the leadership we can now expect I shudder at the prospect of that fat avaricious, opportunistic cunt Johnson taking over . Possible there will be an election now but what comfort will that bring ? I find myself clutching at straws thinking the Lib Dems may win enough seats with mandate to reverse the decision last night to hold the balance of power and block Brexit,  Corbyn won't move muscle to stop this but I do believe well before this gets voted through parliament the turkeys that voted for Christmas will have seen enough of the reality of their choice to want a second chance.  

Yes, but the NHS is in need of massive reform. I don't mean privatisation, but it really needs an huge strategic review. It's just so macro that it 's hard to manage. Problem is as soon as they try and break it down into manageable chunks you get the postcode lottery.

It needs to be run by a government that actually wants a national health service.

• Upvote 4

It needs to be run by a government that actually wants a national health service.

And that can only happen by people using their power to vote for policies, rather than voting in tribal fashion. I hope people stay engaged in politics now.

It mainly needs to be funded properly. Any organisation that is consistently underfunded will have problems.

He'll just pluck some conspiracy theory out of his arse and blame someone else. The lad is a complete and utter fucking idiot. Maybe he can do us all a favour and fuck off from the forum rather than just the thread.

Bit harsh, and rather beneath you Señor Ape.

RP is a tad susceptible to falling for right wing propaganda though.

Don't worry, Leave voters have entrusted it to Boris and Nigel, I'm sure it will be just fine in their capable hands.

Perhaps running it down won't be such a bad thing, we can finally rid the country of all the old cunts that voted leave and keep voting Tory.