You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Back pain

Bob

I did may back in somehow on the Sunday of bank holiday weekend and couple of weeks ago. I don't know how and there wasn't a particular moment when I felt something go or pull. I just woke up in the morning barely able to stand.

I was agony for about a week, maybe a bit longer, then cleared up towards the weekend.

So I played 7-a-side last night and am now in agony again.

Other than strong painkillers and ibuprofen, I'm doing nothing, so what's the score from those who've been troubled this way before?

Should I rest or keep active, should I get myself to the quacks?

Cheers

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Gone are the days of "laying flat"...

You have to try and stay active if you can. Real back pain is terrible and feel for you mate....little things you take for granted (like getting up and going to the shops) become like climbing Everest!

Nasty!

Get straight to a doc for some anti inflammatory meds, some diazepam to relax the muscle area and when it finally loosens get to a physio and stick with it.

I have a slipped disc in T8-T9 and also L4-L5 and am in constant discomfort. If I'd gone straight to physio when it all first happened I'd be at least 60% better off now.

I did may back in somehow on the Sunday of bank holiday weekend and couple of weeks ago. I don't know how and there wasn't a particular moment when I felt something go or pull. I just woke up in the morning barely able to stand.

I was agony for about a week, maybe a bit longer, then cleared up towards the weekend.

So I played 7-a-side last night and am now in agony again.

Other than strong painkillers and ibuprofen, I'm doing nothing, so what's the score from those who've been troubled this way before?

Should I rest or keep active, should I get myself to the quacks?

Cheers

I was fucked for 4 weeks about February, couldn't sleep longer than 3 hours, had a couple of massages to try and sort it, best thing has been having a crack at yoga though, told the little kundalini dude my back was fucked, but I also had severe restrictions in my side and stomach muscles which were contributing, was twisted like a motherfucker. Anyway, yoga once a week, do the supine twist stretches and some calf and back stretches daily, and touch wood I've been sound.

Get some amusing sniggers from the potty in the class when I try and do some of the balance stuff, but fuck it I'm back to a good nights sleep. Oh aye and standing desks at work are worth a crack as well.

• Upvote 1

Get an MRI. Will tell you if you have a herniated disc. Then you can get treated with cortisone injections, and if that doesn't work, surgery.

Lets go for the worst case scenario first, eh?

I have nobody left to burden, rotoq, so for that reason alone I'm gonna stick with it.

I'm booking a docs appointment but can't get in tip Thursday at earliest. Til then I'm going with cocodamol, ibuprofen gel and stubbornness.

• Upvote 1

I have nobody left to burden, rotoq, so for that reason alone I'm gonna stick with it.

I'm booking a docs appointment but can't get in tip Thursday at earliest. Til then I'm going with cocodamol, ibuprofen gel and stubbornness.

Has this temporarily put the brakes on Mr Lover Lover?

last couple months mines fucked up as i approach 40

cant stand or lay down flat on back or belly for more than 2 hours max or im in fucking agony!

feels like spine is twisted and out of shape like that Richard 3rd fella they found under car park

tried new mattress but its still fucked 

Stick a finger up your arse and squeeze your rectal muscles. If you feel a pinch you're ok.

If you end up pissing or shitting yourself at any point without realising you've got a cauda equina problem and will need surgery.

Slipped discs do eventually clear up.  Mine took 6 months of tramazole and some muscle relaxant.  I was spaced out most of the time.

Someone else I know tried body talk therdapy after a long time with a back problem and it cleared up after a few sessions.

Try and avoid an MRI if you can as they're bloody awful.

Guest Pistonbroke

Sounds like you have lumbago and it has returned. Resting your back will cure it eventually or you can visit an orthopaedic doctor and he will give you a few injections.

I say it could be lumbago as you don't recall anything which could have brought the pain on.  

I could write an essay on this shit. In January last year I went up for a header and landed a bit funny and that was it. Small but noticeable lower back pain pretty much every day since and unbearable pain if I try to play football. I've tried physio, pilates, yoga, stretching every day, weights, no weights, running, correcting my posture at work and it all helps to a certain extent. As soon as I go to play footy again though it just goes. I get by every day with little pain I can jog for 30-45 mins but as soon as I go to sprint or kick a ball it tightens up and then just won't allow me to do it and then I am in bits for a few days.

I've been to the doctors 3 times and two different physios. They all tell me I've just got a weak core and my postures bad so I've just got to take their word for it. They won't refer me to have an MRI.

I find it odd that now with the amount of knowledge and scientific research going on how genuinely little they know sometimes on certain subjects. Lower back pain is one of these things.

My own personal view is that a combination of sitting at a desk for years and slouching in every way imaginable has caused it. I notice myself slouching even when I stand now. Subconciously just leaning on anything and standing on foot. It sounds stupid but it takes a considerable amount of constant concentration to keep myself upright all day. I'm changing my career soon and I will be standing and walking a lot more so hopefully that has an impact. If you somewhow find some miracle cure post it on here plaease!

Stick a finger up your arse and squeeze your rectal muscles. If you feel a pinch you're ok.

If you end up pissing or shitting yourself at any point without realising you've got a cauda equina problem and will need surgery.

Slipped discs do eventually clear up. Mine took 6 months of tramazole and some muscle relaxant. I was spaced out most of the time.

Someone else I know tried body talk therdapy after a long time with a back problem and it cleared up after a few sessions.

Try and avoid an MRI if you can as they're bloody awful.

We are talking about back pain and not 'weird sexual habits' here arent we?

Has this temporarily put the brakes on Mr Lover Lover?

It'll take more than a bit of pain to halt this train.

I went bowling (of all things) with one at the height of the pain and got sucked off in her mini (of all cars) after, and was pretty much immobile the whole of the day after.

I shagged a rotten, fat ginger girl with the help of some cocodamol and ibuprofen.

I've arranged a shag for this coming Friday with the first genuinely pretty girl in a while.

Back pain schmack pain!

• Upvote 6

I went bowling (of all things) with one at the height of the pain and got sucked off in her mini (of all cars) after, and was pretty much immobile the whole of the day after.

I shagged a rotten, fat ginger girl with the help of some cocodamol and ibuprofen.

I've arranged a shag for this coming Friday with the first genuinely pretty girl in a while.

Back pain schmack pain!

Classic HIV

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Back pain schmack pain!

How are you shagging all these birds?