You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny Ings

Ne Moe Imya

£6.5m plus £1.5m in add-ons is probably very close to what we offered Burnley in the first place. They were the ones talking about a record compensation fee and all the stuff about witness statements, performance analysis and so on in the hope the fee might be north of £10m, which is what Spurs had offered before his contract at Burnley expired. Apparently Burnley will also be entitled to 20% of the profit from any sale. I don't know if that is profit based on book value after depreciation or profit over and above the fee we paid Burnley.

I think it's 20% of the profit over the fee we would get so for example, if we sell him for 10mill, Burnley would pocket 400,000 pounds

(0.2* 2 000 000).

• 4 years later...

I love Ings. Seems a proper sound lad and was unlucky here. Was sad we let him go - think he is superior player to Big Div, but the gods may not have shone on him the way they have for Origi with his big goals in big games. Who knows?

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Deserves every success that comes his way. Given the ephemeral nature of a footballer's career, can only imagine the stress of being injured & watching peak years slip by. Deserves great praise for pulling himself back to a really high level of play.

19 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I like him. Shame he's playing for them fucking scummer in-bred mutant twats. 

I'd have him back over Origi but rightly he wouldn't want to be a bench player. 

I think he could definitely challenge Bobby for the no 9 spot. He is as good at pressing and what he lacks in guile he more than makes up with goals.

21 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He has never had that type of skill. He's at his level at Southampton. 

Disagree entirely. Without the ACL injury he would have been used regularly in this klopp team. Perfect alternative for Bobby, or even in the wider roles. 25 in 42 for a mid table team last season suggests his skill level is somewhere above your modest opinions of him.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He has never had that type of skill. He's at his level at Southampton. 

Well Id say it's more that Southampton play to his strengths but I know what you mean.

That said and despite his scoring record, Id see him opting to go elsewhere if he decided to move on. The chances of him coming back to Liverpool after the bad luck with injuries he had is nil in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, belarus said:

Disagree entirely. Without the ACL injury he would have been used regularly in this klopp team. Perfect alternative for Bobby, or even in the wider roles. 25 in 42 for a mid table team last season suggests his skill level is somewhere above your modest opinions of him.

How is an out and out forward a perfect alternative for Bobby?   Doesn't matter a jot how many he scores, we don't play with a player like that and haven't for years. 

Both mane and salah play ahead of Bobby.   It's downright strange that Liverpool fans still act like he's a centre forward.   I expect it from rival fans cause they see the number on his back and how sky sports show our line up but people watching for years should know better. 

• Upvote 1