You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny Ings

Ne Moe Imya

So that is Origi and Ings coming in - I doubt we will be lucky enough to bin bag all of Borini, Lambert and Balotelli - so probably one of them staying, plus Sturridge.

We aren't going to be bringing in anybody else up front are we....

He's no better than Borini.  Just replacing like for like, nowhere near good enough and yet another stupid signing in the long list.   When Sturridge gets injured next year, Ings can't be relied on and that should be the requirement for every signing that we make.

These squad players that aren't good enough to play week in week out are pointless, costly and endless.

• Upvote 1

If someone else comes in I'm ok with Ings signing. Still an improvement on our Italian duo. But then again so would the Krankies.

Ings 11 in 35 last season in the Pl.

Balotelli, Lambert , Borini 4 in 53

I'd like believe he could score more as he will have better players around him, then realised he probably won't have better players around him.

This has all the hall marks of last season when people said Lambert was an upgrade on Aspas. Now Ings is an upgrade on Borini. When we sign a player it should not be to the tune that he is better than x, y,z who have already proved shite. It should be he is anexcellent player in his own right. If the approach  is to sign players incrementally less shit than before its going to be a struggle

• Upvote 4

If someone else comes in I'm ok with Ings signing. Still an improvement on our Italian duo. But then again so would the Krankies.

Ings 11 in 35 last season in the Pl.

Balotelli, Lambert , Borini 4 in 53

Hahaha! The Krankies - brilliant

I'm still not sure about this signing. He seems to have played with a strike partner at Burnley, something we needed to do with each of our under-performing CFs but didn't bother with.

If we put him up front on his own, and left him as isolated as Lambert and Balotelli, I'd wager he'd offer a similar return.

I want Danny Ings to turn into Van Persie, or Shearer.

I'm 99.99% certain he had no chance of doing so.

Ergo, I hate to get on a new signings back but he looks to be on a hiding to nothing, and therefore I am not in the least bit interested in Danny Ings.

He's already the best (fit) striker at the club, nobody could possibly be worse than what we have.

You beat me to it.

I will remain optimistic and and give him my full support unless he proves me wrong and turns out shit.

He is young, can only improve, works hard and always puts a shift in and looks to have a bit of attitude about him. Worst case senario we sell him to West Ham in  a couple of years for 5m

He's no better than Borini.  Just replacing like for like, nowhere near good enough and yet another stupid signing in the long list.   When Sturridge gets injured next year, Ings can't be relied on and that should be the requirement for every signing that we make.

These squad players that aren't good enough to play week in week out are pointless, costly and endless.

Wrong. All wrong.

Except the Sturridge getting injured part.