You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

Dicko living up to his name as per, but come on people for fucks sake. Everyone has complained about the likes of marsh and pascoe for the last three years and they decide to not renew marsh's contract and suddenly Rodgers is a backstabbing cunt?

I hope you read that back when you sober up and are suitably embarrassed. What a pathetic thing to say.

So someone hires a couple of blokes who turn out to be shit at their jobs (apparently) so finally gets rid of one of them, and we are supposed to be hailing Rodgers for this?

• Upvote 1

Anyone who thinks he won't be under intense pressure and scrutiny immediately the season starts is deluded. Owners, fans and the media will be at him, and rightly so. He has no margin for error in my opinion, and that actually comes down to our last two results. The season on a whole was obviously poor but those two results left a bitter taste and he needs to learn quick. Only time will tell, I hope we kick on whoever is in charge. Cannot see it under Rodgers but I hope I'm wrong.

Meeting between Rodgers and Werner and the upshot is Marsh getting sacked.

Fuck off Rodgers you backstabbing little cunt.

That's the manager of Liverpool football club. A cunt was someone hoping "SIr Alex" would forgive him for taking the job.

I fucking despair sometimes. Most knowledgeable fans in the world...

Dicko living up to his name as per, but come on people for fucks sake. Everyone has complained about the likes of marsh and pascoe for the last three years and they decide to not renew marsh's contract and suddenly Rodgers is a backstabbing cunt?

I hope you read that back when you sober up and are suitably embarrassed. What a pathetic thing to say.

Mike Marsh is not a scapegoat then?

Ok.

I posted from work so I am sober you walking fucking tampax.

That's the manager of Liverpool football club. A cunt was someone hoping "SIr Alex" would forgive him for taking the job.

I fucking despair sometimes. Most knowledgeable fans in the world...

So what does this only apply to managers?

Get on your high horse about slagging players off or be quiet.

I heard Marsh was sending text messages to John Henry asking for a payrise so he could get new gnashers too.

I also heard March was responsible for Brendan's stomach upsets because he made his bovril wrong.

I heard Marsh was responsible for condition of the pitch. He bought the grass seed from BandQ but it was the quick growing long stuff that's not suitable for football.

He's been the reason behind everything Rodgers has done wrong and I hate him and his cat.

• Upvote 2

Writes the man who STARTS a thread demanding others support the manager or 'fuck off.'

No, you've misquoted me there. I haven't told anyone to fuck off, I merely called for a bit of calm and support for the manager now its been established he's saying. Try reading the opening post again.

Perhaps a few people should fuck off, though. Most notably the ones who said they were done with the club if Rodgers wasn't sacked. Well, he hasn't been sacked so tara.

• Downvote 1

We can't go calling the Liverpool manager a cun* and so on. That's just poor. We need to show some respect, and if we cannot do it for the man, then do it for the position he holds.

I can understand the mild upset with letting Marsh go. If there was a price to be paid for last season, it doesn't seem right that he should pay. At best he implemented Brendan's wishes, so if things were wrong, Marsh can count himself unlucky that others didn't get the chop.

But on the other hand...

The most glaring 'hole' in Brendan's team is a football man who can properly challenge him - not to produce anarchy, but to produce better, more consistent footballing decisions. As things unravelled last season we were all over the shop in terms of formation and personnel. It was a real mess on many levels. So if Marsh's departure leads to a stronger coach coming in to help Brendan, and part of Brendan's censure in his review is to accept/embrace this, as demonstrably he needs some help, then I can see this as a good move. But Marsh can still count himself unlucky as he's a bit of a fall guy here for a malaise that extends far beyond his remit.

• Upvote 10