You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

But he didn't. It was made clear from the outset he didn't.

Fair enough

Ive not read anything about it. Just going by JPs all everyone wants to say is he spoke to them. I only ever look at the headlines on bbc dont bother reading the papers they are shit

It shows how much fans on here are against him, on a day when he's spoken positively about LFC the only thing mentioned was he may have wrote for that paper.

I don't care anyway but it shows me why anytime I defended him with logic no one agreed because all they want to focus on is the negatives.

And the fact that he is short. And talks funny. And the thing with the giant painting. And his teeth. And his trophies. And his wife. And his trophy wife.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

People can carry on taking the piss out of him but the reality is that loads of the managers coming up and making a name for themselves have huge respect for him, and what he's done, and see him as something to aim for.

Now you can question if they all love a bit of new-management speak and NLP too much but that's another issue.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Always think, how would it have panned out had we got over the line 13/14, Jesus it still kills me a bit that we didn't . I agree with Carra that Rodgers takes far too much stick and certainty doesn't warrant the contempt which some people hold for him.

Agree. I think he got some of the best football out of us in recent memory.

Overall Owlface was way worse and never had the team playing anywhere near the Rodgers side. He did lose it after that, and bought some cross, but I never got the hated.

Budgie was a disgrace of an appointment, Rodgers was appointed above his ability.

Neither should have ever been Liverpool Manager.

• Upvote 1

His record shows he was appointed above his ability.

Ah well, I guess we just disagree then. I think he adequately demonstrated his ability when he came closer than any other manager in fucking years to getting the title. I think he's demonstrating his ability now, too.

Ah well, he's gone. Time to get over it.

• Upvote 1