You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

Bit shit the way people pile into journos who are doing a job they often could never do. People like Pearce - and I don't know the lad - are working under the kind of time and staff pressures the likes of Bascombe never did.

A journalist gives information people want to hear = they're a great lad

A journalist gives information people don't want to hear = they have an agenda.

It's tiring.

A journalist gives information people want to hear = they're a great lad

A journalist gives information people don't want to hear = they have an agenda.

It's tiring.

Again, I don't know the lad but I guarantee he'll be under far more pressure than his predecessors. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even get sent to away matches, certainly European games, because of the cost. Probably gets about 40 minutes to write a piece that Bascombe would have had a day to write, and Rick George a week.

Newspapers are much more shamelessly commercial than they used to be too, if there's business relationships to be maintained with the club or sponsors, he'll be told to go easy.

It's a different world.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why anybody,let alone a former Premier League manager,needs to announce their engagement on Twitter.

Oh for the days when people would keep this stuff to themselves and close friends and family.

To me,Rodgers comes across as trying too hard to promote himself and would benefit from taking a step back,and down,as I am certain he will get another job. It just wont be as high profile as ours. Once he accepts this then he will become part of the managerial merry go round and will have a decent career.

Strange post, that. Shooting him down because he dares to have ambition

It's a whole generation of British managers and coaches I find. They go and have a coffee with Marcello Lippi and watch Barcelona train for 10 minutes and suddenly they think it's their mission to come home and enlighten the backwards English game with their half-baked bollocks. Next thing you know they're attaching electrodes to players' nipples and deploying them in an inverse Christmas tree formation with four sweepers and no strikers. 

• Upvote 7

Again, I don't know the lad but I guarantee he'll be under far more pressure than his predecessors. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't even get sent to away matches, certainly European games, because of the cost. Probably gets about 40 minutes to write a piece that Bascombe would have had a day to write, and Rick George a week.

Newspapers are much more shamelessly commercial than they used to be too, if there's business relationships to be maintained with the club or sponsors, he'll be told to go easy.

It's a different world.

Nah he and another fella from the echo called Neil Jones get sent to European away games. They haven't turned off the tap on that yet.

I'm a bit behind the times as I didn't know he got engaged. I was half wondering why the Rodgers thread seemed to be active again. 

Anyhow, without reading what everyone has said, my thoughts are as follows:

1. I'm happy for a man who is happy, but...

2. It should be a private thing, not a social media/media spectacle. 

3. I can't help but think of his first wife too. I don't know anything about their split, but I suspect Brendan never proposed to her in Times Square, so I can't help but wonder if the 'show' of all this is a little jab at her? 

Anyway, if he's happy, good luck to him and all that. 

But I'd have preferred it to have been more discreet as this sort of thing seems a bit Hello magazine to me I'm afraid. 

Obviously I am in danger of sounding like an old dinosaur, but them's my thoughts!

• Upvote 3

I'm a bit behind the times as I didn't know he got engaged. I was half wondering why the Rodgers thread seemed to be active again. 

Anyhow, without reading what everyone has said, my thoughts are as follows:

1. I'm happy for a man who is happy, but...

2. It should be a private thing, not a social media/media spectacle. 

3. I can't help but think of his first wife too. I don't know anything about their split, but I suspect Brendan never proposed to her in Times Square, so I can't help but wonder if the 'show' of all this is a little jab at her? 

Anyway, if he's happy, good luck to him and all that. 

But I'd have preferred it to have been more discreet as this sort of thing seems a bit Hello magazine to me I'm afraid. 

Obviously I am in danger of sounding like an old dinosaur, but them's my thoughts!

Agree with every word Rex, sorry Rev. I mentioned about a Hello wedding myself. Brendan will look good in white. His teeth prove that.

Not sure why anybody,let alone a former Premier League manager,needs to announce their engagement on Twitter.

Oh for the days when people would keep this stuff to themselves and close friends and family.

To me,Rodgers comes across as trying too hard to promote himself and would benefit from taking a step back,and down,as I am certain he will get another job. It just wont be as high profile as ours. Once he accepts this then he will become part of the managerial merry go round and will have a decent career.

Rodgers doesn't have twitter. Some random guy photographed him and put it on the internet.

• Upvote 1

"Some random guy photographed him and put it on the internet." I'm sure if you were somebody who had been on the telly every week for years, it would never cross your mind that going down on one knee with a bunch of roses and proposing to your woman in the middle of Times Square at the busiest time of the evening might lead to someone doing that. What do people like Rogers need to do to get a bit of privacy these days?

Rodgers doesn't have twitter. Some random guy photographed him and put it on the internet.

Random guy my arse. How long does it take to kneel down and ask the question. And who the fuck is going to recognise him over the pond. Half the natives won't know who Steven Gerrard is never mind Rodgers.

Most don't even know where the UK is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Random guy my arse. How long does it take to kneel down and ask the question. And who the fuck is going to recognise him over the pond. Half the natives won't know who Steven Gerrard is never mind Rodgers.

But...he was on Being Liverpool.

• Upvote 2

They may recognise him from Being Liver pool. The main actor in the mockumentary sitcom.

It's hilarious how much Rodgers make most of the people on this forum seethe. I was just clarifying that Rodgers doesn't have a twitter so he didn't physically post the photo on the internet. It really shouldn't bother you too much, whether he knew the guy taking the photo or not.

• Downvote 1