You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

On the one hand it's pressure on him, but on the other it's a reasonable excuse to add to the pile.

I predict someone somewhere will tot up how many points we usually get from those games, and tell us we're not far below par, while we're bedding in new coaches, and coping with the loss of a key player, and another injury to Sturridge.

• Upvote 1

On the one hand it's pressure on him, but on the other it's a reasonable excuse to add to the pile.

I predict someone somewhere will tot up how many points we usually get from those games, and tell us we're not far below par, while we're bedding in new coaches, and coping with the loss of a key player, and another injury to Sturridge.

A transition season. From shite to, well, more shite.

Bingo. If the internet had been around in the 1920s there'd be some gimps voluntarily calculating tractor statistics to defend Stalin. Without the internet they had to hire a bunch of apparatchiks to do their dirty work.

Law 1 of the internet: however irrefutable a position is there will always be someone arguing the opposite usually by quoting tendentious counterfactuals.

• Upvote 2

Banker.  If we do poorly and he goes around November-Christmas, also set your watch by "Well, * insert name of replacement * had an easy run-in as Rodgers has already done the hard yards with the early fixture list", and the usual arguments to carry on unabated.

In fairness, it's a shitty run of fixtures and the last thing he needed.  If he comes through them in a reasonable position then fair play to him, he'll have done a good job.  If not and a bad situation just gets worse, any new man would be coming into a relatively soft landing fixtures-wise with a half season or so to size up his squad before entering the market backed by the Monty Python sketch committee members.

Hope it doesn't come to the latter as it means we'll be in a better position, but it would take a brave man to bet anything meaningful against it.

Banker.  If we do poorly and he goes around November-Christmas, also set your watch by "Well, * insert name of replacement * had an easy run-in as Rodgers has already done the hard yards with the early fixture list", and the usual arguments to carry on unabated.

In fairness, it's a shitty run of fixtures and the last thing he needed.  If he comes through them in a reasonable position then fair play to him, he'll have done a good job.  If not and a bad situation just gets worse, any new man would be coming into a relatively soft landing fixtures-wise with a half season or so to size up his squad before entering the market backed by the Monty Python sketch committee members.

Hope it doesn't come to the latter as it means we'll be in a better position, but it would take a brave man to bet anything meaningful against it.

I think there's a third option, which is most likely; we'll do alright enough for FSG to avoid having to make a decision, thanks largely to the mitigating factors obscuring how bad we are, with "we wouldn't have won that game anyway" being trotted out.

Rodgers stays, but lacks backing in January again, and we rinse and repeat the arguments until the sun collapses in on itself.

• Upvote 2

Fixture list shocker.

Reds face tricky ties away to Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal and Man United in the 2015/16 season.

News of this will come as a blow to the Anfield faithful, many of which clicked on today's draw and hoped to see a majority of home games against Norwich.

• Upvote 4

I think there's a third option, which is most likely; we'll do alright enough for FSG to avoid having to make a decision, thanks largely to the mitigating factors obscuring how bad we are, with "we wouldn't have won that game anyway" being trotted out.

Rodgers stays, but lacks backing in January again, and we rinse and repeat the arguments until the sun collapses in on itself.

...scrape into 7th, have a beyond robust review, then decide to keep things pretty much the same for next season. 

What a horrible thought, Rodgers stays for decades, never wins a single trophy and basically becomes our Dario Gardi.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I said gone by November. Now I'm convinced. That's a fixture list designed to get rid of a manager.

Klopp will be here by end of November, is my bet.

I'm even more convinced he will stay now, if come November we still have a chance at top 4 even if it's a long shot he will stay as the hard games will be out of the way.

• Downvote 1

I look forward to seeing who we replace the tea lady with for 2016/17.

She's a bitch, that woman.

Apparently recently got herself a new set of false teeth.

And was seen having a cup of tea with another man recently.  And her poor husband hasn't been dead 10 years yet!

I'm even more convinced he will stay now, if come November we still have a chance at top 4 even if it's a long shot he will stay as the hard games will be out of the way.

We'll be so far behind come October that we won't be able to make it up. I don't expect us to lose all those away games we may pick up 4/5 points but even assuming we win our home games we could be looking at 15 or more points to make up and that will be impossible.

Make no mistake that fixture list is designed to blast us out of it, and will more than likely blast him out of his job. If you asked me to design a fixture list to remove a manager then the only way I could do a better job is by playing those teams we have away, at home in between.

He's fucked barring a miracle of Jesus proportions.