You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

I have a lot of respect for Pako and he seems a lovely chap. Don't see how him coming back can be anything but a good thing for everyone involved.

Yep, hopefully he has learnt brain surgery whilst he's been away and can sort out Balotelli

That and his previous history with the club would put the pressure right on Rodgers.

It'd be interesting to see if players still get played out of position regularly, or formations changed 4 or 5 times during a game when we look useless.

FSG would finally be able to ask someone who knows "does Rodgers know what he's doing or is he blagging it ?" and get a very well informed answer.

Have wondered whether Rodgers surrounded himself with yes men or just novices likes Marsh and Pascoe grateful to have the job because of his arrogance in thinking he doesn't need help, or because he fears a more experienced coach than him would show him up and see through all his bullshit.

But Rodgers is a very lucky boy to get a second chance after last season's total shambles on his part and the club's part. He can either make the most of it and go out of his way to make it work with the new coaches, or he could do what he does with 90% of signings suggested by the committee and basically fuck them off and show no interest in them. If he does that this time then that's his job.

• Upvote 1

Maybe the Transfer Committee head and co, in order to deflect blame have pointed out how Rodgers has used new signings often in wrong positions or hardly at all, they may still have faith in him but want new coaches whose loyalty will not be purely to Rodgers who could be honest in their assessment i.e. is Rodgers being political with his use of players by not playing them or using them how the committee didn't intend in order to make a point. Essentially they want insurance that the manager isn't posturing.

Who knows, I just find it strange changing the coaches but keeping the manager and the Transfer committee especially since Rodgers is more of a coach so the teams coaching is largely by his hand. I don't think even Rodgers is that arrogant he'd blame his assistants because they can't get his complex methods across to players, so sack them.

According to some he does not buy the players, now he will be forced to delegate the coaching and he can't pick his backroom team. As it would seem they do not trust his judgement on anything.

He has officially become the salesman or the PR man selling us par.

That is if the reports are true.

It's a bit like Mike Gordon coming in to help Ayre/do his job for him. If these idiots employed the right people to do the job in the first place then they wouldn't need to keep streamlining. It's like the committee. If they'd have employed a proper DOF in the first place instead of a joker like Comolli then we wouldn't have needed a committee. Yet they made that much of a balls up with that that their current scouts make Comolli look like Twentyman.

The club is absolutely riddled with incompetency. It's like a disease. Incompetents who'll do anything to hold onto their jobs and the salary, the lifestyle and model girlfriends a high profile position with LFC can provide.

is Rodgers being political with his use of players by not playing them or using them how the committee didn't intend in order to make a point.

Rodgers has been doing this since before this committee were even formed. Sahin playing as an attacking midfielder before having his loan cut short for example. Whoever was responsible for that buy there's no way on earth he was signed to play attacking midfield.

• Upvote 1

Didn't realise that Pako had been managing a club, and doing a hell of a job by the sounds of things!

Surely he would only come here now as a manager though?

I hope FSG aren't trying to force Rodgers out. If they want him to go then just get rid.

If Klopp and Ancelotti aren't available then I would be happy with Pako in charge at the start of the season.

Guest davelfc

So we've dropped our expectations from Ancelotti or Klopp to Pako?

I've got nothing against Pako but please if we are going to change manager at some time in the future, could it at least be a top manager. One that will attract players, has an eye for a player, has won things at the top level.

I realise the owners probably won't want that. I can only hope the current sticking plaster attempts are purely a money saving exercise before they sell up and fuck off.