You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner; £165,000 P/W

Was it just the stream I was watching, or was he getting a bit of abuse as he came over to take corners?

Not sure, but didn't he say something after the game about his corners? Along the lines of "Yeah, a few were shite and went nowhere near where I wanted them to go".

Glad to see he's getting the plaudits he deserves. He just never stops. Doesn't seem like a modern day footballer, which I mean as a compliment.

Agreed he's a machine, his approach to the game doesn't change no matter what situation the team is in.

That was a captains performance the other night and I hope he is given the armband permanently, he'd get in any side in the prem and the only reason we have him is because he knows we are as big as any club and he knew he would have more chances with us.I love the guy and when I watch him I'm pissed off we didn't sign him years ago, we would have won the league under Rafa if he had signed him.

Was it just the stream I was watching, or was he getting a bit of abuse as he came over to take corners?

During his press-conference last night, following the 4-3 victory over Borussia Dortmund, the German chose to make a request of the Anfield crowd not to moan about poorly taken corners.

Time and time again, supporters groaned following weak James Milner attempts, but as Klopp points out, complaining doesn’t change anything – it just adds more pressure on the player the next time.

“I don’t like the sound around corners when they don’t work. It’s a waste of time. The corner’s already shit. You don’t have to say it’s shit – that would help in a game like this,” he said, before apologising for his language.

• Upvote 1

During his press-conference last night, following the 4-3 victory over Borussia Dortmund, the German chose to make a request of the Anfield crowd not to moan about poorly taken corners.

Time and time again, supporters groaned following weak James Milner attempts, but as Klopp points out, complaining doesn’t change anything – it just adds more pressure on the player the next time.

“I don’t like the sound around corners when they don’t work. It’s a waste of time. The corner’s already shit. You don’t have to say it’s shit – that would help in a game like this,” he said, before apologising for his language.

Hmmm.

He is of course spot on. Moaning does put pressure on the players.

I can live with that if we started clearing the first man at corners or, didnt waste them taking short corners that end up going all the way back to the half way line or even to mignolet.

This part of our game needs to be worked on. I cant believe professional footballers technique at our club is so poor that our corners are mostly shite.

Brilliant 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4e37GmlX9Y

Around 6 minutes he starts that. He is fucking boss. 

He's been great lately. He works his bollocks off has 14 assists so far and must be near double figures for goals. I know he's on big wages but he was free and for a player of his current output we'd be looking at at least £15m+

Excellent signing. Don't want to hijack his thread with old complaints as he's been superb, especially of late, but would have been an untypically astute summer's business last year generally, had we not defined it by lashing our second highest ever fee on a lamppost.

Excellent signing. Don't want to hijack his thread with old complaints as he's been superb, especially of late, but would have been an untypically astute summer's business last year generally, had we not defined it by lashing our second highest ever fee on a lamppost.

benteke will still have a big part to play in this season