You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner; £165,000 P/W

1 hour ago, aws said:

Keita not coming through quickly has been a massive problem this season as I think the £50m or so we invested in him was supposed to solve the midfield creativity problem by having him run at and commit defenders.  Maybe now is the time to turn to him either as a starter or as the regular 60 minute sub if we're not winning.  

the thing is, both he and fabinho imo have looked way, way off the pace when the game is frantic (fabinho less so as he at least seems more comfortable with the physical side, but for instance i thought he was shite yesterday). and these games are going to be high tempo all the way until we hit the odd team "on the beach", maybe not quite as frantic as yesterday, but they won't be a stroll. i wouldn't let keita near the burnley game we have coming up. 

Guest Alex_K

He was afforded a lot of time on the ball vs Munich and did nothing with it. Has he even got back on the pitch since substituted for Milner in that game? Doesn't speak well for him. It's a nightmare because Lallana should have been put out of his misery 18 months ago and Keita was the natural, superior successor. 0 goals and 0 assists from the pair of them: 80 million in fees and presumably c 300k per week in wages. Disastrous. Milner has positively sparkled by comparison.

That might be one of the worst sub appearances I've ever seen yesterday. Subs aren't supposed to make the team worse when they come on. 

That being said, I thought he was terrific against Watford and has generally been a good player during his time here. 

However, it speaks volumes about Klopp's feelings about Keita that he's still ahead of him in the pecking order. Keita simply has to be trusted and given a run of games if he's got any chance of making it here. If he can't produce against the likes of Burnley and Fulham, what the fuck have we spent 50m on?

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/03/2019 at 18:15, Bobby Hundreds said:

Imagine 160 grand in your bank every Friday.  Rightmove would be like browsing the kindle store rather than looking at a lifetime bill around your neck.  Pfff god damn it.

I hope he pays tax so halve that. Still wouldn't be on your uppers mind.

On 04/03/2019 at 14:05, Strontium Dog said:

He was really good against Watford, albeit only lasting 70 minutes. I suspect that he's not up to the task of playing two games a week any more.

He’s the fittest player at the club according tests in preseason. 

And then there are these stats: https://www.premierleague.com/news/902142

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Hopefully kept as an impact sub now.    Really changed the game along with Henderson on Friday night.   

He's generally been a shit sub. Hendo though may have found himself a new role as a crazed 20 minute midfielder. 

• 2 weeks later...

Says it all about who he is that Souness just told a story of how an 18 year old Milner sought him out and pulled him on saying he’d never win anything with a team of James Milners.

What a man he is, what a pro and what a class player. Be an absolute travesty if he were to leave the club without silverware here. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Says it all about that Souness just told a story of how an 18 year old Milner sought him out and pulled him on saying he’d never win anything with a team of James Milners.

What a man he is, what a pro and what a class player. Be an absolute travesty if he were to leave the club without silverware here. 

Definitely