You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner; £165,000 P/W

Looks as sharp as I've ever seen him. If anything, he seems quicker over ten yards than he was when he arrived. He used to be walking the tightrope of giving away fouls when closing down and rushing in, but now he's managing to get tight and not clatter people with his momentum.

He's no longer what Dave aptly described as "Big Jim Milner towing his caravan". 

22 hours ago, Hazel Motes said:

I'm watching from Sweden and at the live CL broadcast we always have former Sweden, former Iceland, nowadays Norways coach Lars Lagerbäck as an expert commentator. As you may know he fucking loves his workhorses. And I kidd you not, each game he gives the MOTM to Milner. I've seen like 15 matches with him as a commentator. Every game! "JAMES MILNER MOTM HANDS DOWN!", with a horny stare.

Repped for your username and pic. Great movie.

4 hours ago, Grinch said:

That second swipe he has after the ball is gone wasn't very smart & totally unneeded, I missed that at the time.  Maybe the clip makes it look like something it's not.

Nowt wrong with that, just looked like him stumbling backwards.

Even if he'd done a Street Fighter style death move, ripped out Neymar's heart and showed it to the crowd it would still be too kind a display towards that show boating, money grabbing, lazy over rated cock womble. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, chevettehs said:

Nowt wrong with that, just looked like him stumbling backwards.

Even if he'd done a Street Fighter style death move, ripped out Neymar's heart and showed it to the crowd it would still be too kind a display towards that show boating, money grabbing, lazy over rated cock womble. 

Its pretty obvious that PSG's star striker should really be Mbappe instead of that wannabe boy band member Neymar but as long as their team is going to be picked by their boardroom then CL glory will continue to allude them. Selling Neymar could plug all their real weaknesses and give them a genuine chance but shirt sales are obviously more important.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Grinch said:

That second swipe he has after the ball is gone wasn't very smart & totally unneeded, I missed that at the time.  Maybe the clip makes it look like something it's not.

Sort of see what you are say but I think he picks his pocket and then his momentum just carries him into Neymar. I love to see a proper tackle tho.

6 hours ago, Grinch said:

• 3 months later...

Had to go back 12 pages to find and bump this which quite frankly is a disgrace.

Just been on Sky Sports, he's captain in all but name and his dedication to staying at the top of his game is second to none.

Hopefully we can keep him from going back to Leeds for a couple more seasons which might prove tricky if they come up in the summer.