You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner; £165,000 P/W

People,of my generation will remember the film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Sundance was something of a hotshot and, attempting to get hired at a ranch, the foreman asked him to show how good he was with his gun. From a stationery position, Sundance passed the audition but then asked if he could move. Being told he could, Sundance then gave a brief but emphatic demonstration of how good a shot he was.

Milner reminds me of this scene every game. When kicking a standing ball - corners and free kicks - he is ordinary at best. But in open play, when the ball is moving, his crossing is top class.

I wasn't a fan at first but I'm getting to like him

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how no one had wrote in this thread yet after last night, he was outstanding and again gave a captains performance, he's the man for the job and Hendo should never wear the armband again.How Liverpool fans have been criticising Milner this season I don't know, even the man city fans recognised how good he is with all the quality players they have.

He played like a Gerrard who can defend without the Hollywood passes, getting him on a free has to go down as one of the best deals the club has done.We are lucky to have him as he is good enough for any side in the prem and you could see city missed someone like him against Madrid.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I don't know how no one had wrote in this thread yet after last night, he was outstanding and again gave a captains performance, he's the man for the job and Hendo should never wear the armband again.How Liverpool fans have been criticising Milner this season I don't know, even the man city fans recognised how good he is with all the quality players they have.

He played like a Gerrard who can defend without the Hollywood passes, getting him on a free has to go down as one of the best deals the club has done.We are lucky to have him as he is good enough for any side in the prem and you could see city missed someone like him against Madrid.

Is it possible for you to ever post without coming across as a condescending bellend? Have you ever even tried?

• 2 years later...
On 5/6/2016 at 1:17 PM, JermainePennant said:

Spot on, JP. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Vonblonberg said:

I admit that I was so fucking wrong about this that I cring about this every time I see us play.

The he man is a colossus and if he was paid twice as much he’d be massively underpaid.

I am sorry.

He wont shag you mate. 

What a fucking player. Wish we took him off Newcastle years ago. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think he's struggling so far this season and is mainly there as an old head in a team full of younger players. Impossible to dislike the man but I am hoping Fabinho steps in and produces the goods that Milner isn't at the moment.

He’s been one of our best players every game this season.