You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner; £165,000 P/W

Is that how much we are giving him?

How can we offer him that amount, but we wouldn't give Sterling (a better player and certainly someone with a brighter future) over £100k?

Is that how much we are giving him?

How can we offer him that amount, but we wouldn't give Sterling (a better player and certainly someone with a brighter future) over £100k?

29 years old and a very 'average' career which has seen him sit on City's bench as their Jack of all trades.

He'll command a hefty signing on fee as well.

James Milner, James fucking Mllner will make off this deal around £25,000,000 basic pay, before you even start to think about bonuses and endorsements. 

Fucking.ing.hell!

The shark has just been jumped!

It's City who are offering that insane amount. Not us. 

Still, he will most likely earn 100k+ a week, and that is insanity as well. 

Because the definition is to try to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. 

Remind me of all the successful players we have signed for "free" during the years. 

Henderson-Allen-Milner. 

Could easily have been the midfield in a relegations fight at the end of the season for Hull or Aston Villa. But no, that will be us challenging for top four. 

If we sign Milner this window is officialy not a good window in my eyes. l

• Upvote 1

Despite all the reports saying we've offered significantly less wages than City, and that Milner is more concerned about playing opportunities.

You can't read......Let that sink in.

Whats 65k between friends?

I'm sure the signing on fee, which has been reported as between 6/12 Million will help him through the baron winters on his stipend of 100+k P/W. Poor soul.

Which ever way you 'read' it it is fucking obscene!

No go grab your fucking shine box, prick.

• Downvote 1

Just let that sink in...

If you're last out make sure you don't forget to hit the lights.

That's the amount he turned down at City, not what we're paying him.

And your signing on fee is about 3 times too high.

But other then that, top reporting.

• Upvote 3

He's a good player and a midfield of him, Henderson, Can (or someone more experienced) and Coutinho will be better than some expect. If we added someone like Kovacic and a true DM I'd be a lot happier about our midfield options than I have for some time. Let's just hope we don't go buy another duff defender and Benteke.

The wages aren't really a biggie for me, I'm more worried about his age. He'll be 30 in January.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure I know how this thread will go.

Some will react with despair, others will call them fannies and welcome him to Liverpool.

Then he'll turn out to be shite. He'll be horribly exposed in a big game and everyone will start doing their nut. We've seen it all before.

The whole situation's unreal. It's like one of those sci fi stories where the Germans won the war or something. As though a time traveller went back and killed Bill Shankly when he was 15 and we've turned into a mid table nothing club absolutely awash with mediocrity from top to bottom.

• Upvote 7