Quantcast
James Milner; £165,000 P/W - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bruce Spanner

James Milner; £165,000 P/W

Guest LFD

Is that how much we are giving him?

How can we offer him that amount, but we wouldn't give Sterling (a better player and certainly someone with a brighter future) over £100k?

Is that how much we are giving him?

How can we offer him that amount, but we wouldn't give Sterling (a better player and certainly someone with a brighter future) over £100k?

29 years old and a very 'average' career which has seen him sit on City's bench as their Jack of all trades.

He'll command a hefty signing on fee as well.

James Milner, James fucking Mllner will make off this deal around £25,000,000 basic pay, before you even start to think about bonuses and endorsements. 

Fucking.ing.hell!

The shark has just been jumped!

It's City who are offering that insane amount. Not us. 

Still, he will most likely earn 100k+ a week, and that is insanity as well. 

Because the definition is to try to do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. 

Remind me of all the successful players we have signed for "free" during the years. 

Henderson-Allen-Milner. 

Could easily have been the midfield in a relegations fight at the end of the season for Hull or Aston Villa. But no, that will be us challenging for top four. 

If we sign Milner this window is officialy not a good window in my eyes. l

• Upvote 1

Despite all the reports saying we've offered significantly less wages than City, and that Milner is more concerned about playing opportunities.

You can't read......Let that sink in.

Whats 65k between friends?

I'm sure the signing on fee, which has been reported as between 6/12 Million will help him through the baron winters on his stipend of 100+k P/W. Poor soul.

Which ever way you 'read' it it is fucking obscene!

No go grab your fucking shine box, prick.

• Downvote 1

Just let that sink in...

If you're last out make sure you don't forget to hit the lights.

That's the amount he turned down at City, not what we're paying him.

And your signing on fee is about 3 times too high.

But other then that, top reporting.

• Upvote 3

He's a good player and a midfield of him, Henderson, Can (or someone more experienced) and Coutinho will be better than some expect. If we added someone like Kovacic and a true DM I'd be a lot happier about our midfield options than I have for some time. Let's just hope we don't go buy another duff defender and Benteke.

The wages aren't really a biggie for me, I'm more worried about his age. He'll be 30 in January.

• Upvote 1

I've seen it all now.

Liverpool fans turning on a player before he's even kicked a ball? Check.

Liverpool fans turning on a player before he's even officially signed? Check.

Best fans in da weeeeeeeeeeeeeeerld!

• Upvote 9

It's not shocking at all. Free transfers are a false economy. Once you tot up the extra wages you pay them and signing on fee it probably sits about right with what we'd pay if we bought him outright. At least this way we're not financially strengthening City.

• Upvote 2

That's the amount he turned down at City, not what we're paying him.

And your signing on fee is about 3 times too high.

But other then that, top reporting.

Yeah, vonblondbitch.

Now, go and get your prick box, shine.

Pretty sure I know how this thread will go.

Some will react with despair, others will call them fannies and welcome him to Liverpool.

Then he'll turn out to be shite. He'll be horribly exposed in a big game and everyone will start doing their nut. We've seen it all before.

The whole situation's unreal. It's like one of those sci fi stories where the Germans won the war or something. As though a time traveller went back and killed Bill Shankly when he was 15 and we've turned into a mid table nothing club absolutely awash with mediocrity from top to bottom.

• Upvote 7

At least this way we're not financially strengthening City.

I'm sure they are devastated. Perhaps we should burn a big pile of money lest we use it to buy players from any club and "strengthen them." A show of independence, if you will.

I'm sure they are devastated. Perhaps we should burn a big pile of money lest we use it to buy players from any club and "strengthen them." A show of independence, if you will.

Don't be a flange.