You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Great drumming performances

Total Longo

The most important thing I can tell you is make sure he gets onto some hearing protection if it becomes a regular thing. Even if it’s some cheap foam ear plugs to begin with.

When I’ve had students I’ve had them buy some even before discussing what sticks they should buy.

My hearing isn’t what it used to be, wished it hasn’t taken me years to get onto it.

Thanks for that advice, I'm having hearing issues of my own now and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon.

He's using a synth kit to learn on plugged into my Marshall amp, so the volume is controlled rather than rattling the neighbour's windows.

But I'll definitely be impressing upon him how important it is to keep his hearing intact.

• Upvote 1

Google Tanglewood for the same lineup a few months later -- quality sound -- all the tunes you want

That's brilliant , as I posted earlier he's only 18 , the crowd seem to realise what they're watching and start getting into it, and the lad on maracas who's having a ball.
  • Upvote 1

Have you heard the live album, Lotus? Mike Shrieve had unbelievably improved quite dramatically by this point.

71IFg%2BWy3ZL._SL1500_.jpg

Just finished it. Some nice playing by the rhythm section (and band)

Will say the constant string bending by Santana got a little too much towards the end of an album with 22 tracks, but nice one for making me aware of it.

Good way to start the week.

• Upvote 1

My mate met Steve Gadd at Ronnie Scott's in London a couple of weeks back & got him to sign his new album for me.

Gadd signed it, 'To Mook, keep playing'.

I had to quit drums 8 years ago due to tendinitis in my hands & now I've got one of the greatest drummers of all time ripping the piss, fucking brilliant.

• Upvote 1

My mate met Steve Gadd at Ronnie Scott's in London a couple of weeks back & got him to sign his new album for me.

Gadd signed it, 'To Mook, keep playing'.

I had to quit drums 8 years ago due to tendinitis in my hands & now I've got one of the greatest drummers of all time ripping the piss, fucking brilliant.

Haha nice! Result

(I agree, get playing again)

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...