Quantcast
Irish Marriage Equality Referendum - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
JohnnyH

Irish Marriage Equality Referendum

Les be married, or Les be not  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support marriage equality for them there gays?

• Yes
    • No

Back to gay marriage. It must be great coming home to your husband after a day at work and saying

'whats on tonight honey.'

He replies, 'Nothing I can't be arsed going out. I thought we would just say in, Ive got a couple of steaks so I thought we'd have them a few beers and watch the footy, is that ok'.

'Fine'

You could then watch the match in silence without every thirty seconds someone saying 'whats the matter with you you're quiet'

Only catch is taking or giving one in the bum every now and again.

Back to gay marriage. It must be great coming home to your husband after a day at work and saying

'whats on tonight honey.'

He replies, 'Nothing I can't be arsed going out. I thought we would just say in, Ive got a couple of steaks so I thought we'd have them a few beers and watch the footy, is that ok'.

'Fine'

You could then watch the match in silence without every thirty seconds someone saying 'whats the matter with you you're quiet'

Only catch is taking or giving one in the bum every now and again.

Back to the puns I say.

• Upvote 1

Turned on radio 4 yesterday and there was some chat about this.

An opposer to gay marriage was talking and actually said "none of the main parties are willing to say no to fat marriage, it's not seen as acceptable, so that means we're not being fairly represented, it's not fair"

Surely, I'm main parties are unwilling to back your argument, because your argument is seen as acceptable, then you have an unacceptable argument that doesn't deserve fair air time.

If gays stay unable to marry I'll be amazed

The talk around here is that it'll be a No.  It seems that all these "Undecided's" were cowardly "No's" just not willing to say it publically.  I really hope that's not the case.  It would be shameful if it didn't pass.

Turned on radio 4 yesterday and there was some chat about this.

An opposer to gay marriage was talking and actually said "none of the main parties are willing to say no to fat marriage, it's not seen as acceptable, so that means we're not being fairly represented, it's not fair"

Surely, I'm main parties are unwilling to back your argument, because your argument is seen as acceptable, then you have an unacceptable argument that doesn't deserve fair air time.

If gays stay unable to marry I'll be amazed

I say no to fat marriage, it's unacceptable & there's no cake left for anyone else's wedding.

• Upvote 2

The talk around here is that it'll be a No. It seems that all these "Undecided's" were cowardly "No's" just not willing to say it publically. I really hope that's not the case. It would be shameful if it didn't pass.

Really? Thought it was approx. 60/40 for the Yes side.

I say no to fat marriage, it's unacceptable & there's no cake left for anyone else's wedding.

Someone had to point this out to Bob. Yer just beat me to it

• Upvote 1

@bouncebrigade

No, they seem to think it's about around 40% yes, 20% no, and then 40% undecided, with the undecided (ironically) closet No's.

Hopefully it's wrong, but I did think a few days ago that if anyone is still a "no" then they are only that way because they have an issue with gays and lesbians, so you could only see a no vote from them.