You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Irish Marriage Equality Referendum

JohnnyH

Les be married, or Les be not  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support marriage equality for them there gays?

• Yes
    • No

@bouncebrigade

No, they seem to think it's about around 40% yes, 20% no, and then 40% undecided, with the undecided (ironically) closet No's.

Hopefully it's wrong, but I did think a few days ago that if anyone is still a "no" then they are only that way because they have an issue with gays and lesbians, so you could only see a no vote from them.

That is interesting because in the stuff I've seen on the news here the interviewees have been overwhelmingly in favour

@bouncebrigade

No, they seem to think it's about around 40% yes, 20% no, and then 40% undecided, with the undecided (ironically) closet No's.

Hopefully it's wrong, but I did think a few days ago that if anyone is still a "no" then they are only that way because they have an issue with gays and lesbians, so you could only see a no vote from them.

I thought we were out of the Dark Ages. Time will tell if we actually are.

I think what is required here is for the Catholic church to publicly announce at what age it's wrong to fuck someone who is born male. Once the Pope does that then the invisible man in the sky brigade can move on to being cunts about something else.

We know they think young boys are fair game whether the boy consents or not, but we also know that they think it's unacceptable for two consenting adult males to have at it. So surely the only question here is at what age it becomes wrong, then the gays can get all of their fucking out of the system before that age and know they should abstain after that.

On a serious note, I really can't believe it's a fucking issue these days. If two people are happy fucking each other and want a reason for all that to stop let them get married if they want.

• Upvote 1

What are the technicalities of a marriage. Is the license issue by the state? I thought you were married before God certainly in church? Surely that trumps the state. What is to stop churches issuing there own marriage licenses and have them tested in court. Obviously the RC Church wont do it but some of the more progressive ones would. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lovely letter sent to one of the yes campaigners, religion is all about the love right? Right?

D8E06FC5-011D-4BAE-B54D-F3EE47DA5208_zps

I saw an atheist write a horrible letter once. From that, I can extrapolate that not believing in God means you're a massive cunt.

Doesn't really work, to be honest. Some people are cunts.

• Upvote 1

I saw an atheist write a horrible letter once. From that, I can extrapolate that not believing in God means you're a massive cunt.

Doesn't really work, to be honest. Some people are cunts.

Sure, but in this case here the cuntishness is a direct result of an old fairy tale taken literally. Which was the point I reckon.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Sure, but in this case here the cuntishness is a direct result of an old fairy tale taken literally. Which was the point I reckon.

I think it's the direct result of being a cunt.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

What matters is the "becoming a cunt" part, though that preceded the "being a cunt". In the quoted case religion obviously had a major role in that.

Not sure I agree. I think, judging by comments about ugliness and race, that they were a cunt, and found a nice vehicle for their cuntishness. I think homophobia is found in all sorts of folk.

• Upvote 1