You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Irish Marriage Equality Referendum

JohnnyH

Les be married, or Les be not  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support marriage equality for them there gays?

• Yes
    • No

Back to gay marriage. It must be great coming home to your husband after a day at work and saying

'whats on tonight honey.'

He replies, 'Nothing I can't be arsed going out. I thought we would just say in, Ive got a couple of steaks so I thought we'd have them a few beers and watch the footy, is that ok'.

'Fine'

You could then watch the match in silence without every thirty seconds someone saying 'whats the matter with you you're quiet'

Only catch is taking or giving one in the bum every now and again.

Back to gay marriage. It must be great coming home to your husband after a day at work and saying

'whats on tonight honey.'

He replies, 'Nothing I can't be arsed going out. I thought we would just say in, Ive got a couple of steaks so I thought we'd have them a few beers and watch the footy, is that ok'.

'Fine'

You could then watch the match in silence without every thirty seconds someone saying 'whats the matter with you you're quiet'

Only catch is taking or giving one in the bum every now and again.

Back to the puns I say.

• Upvote 1

Turned on radio 4 yesterday and there was some chat about this.

An opposer to gay marriage was talking and actually said "none of the main parties are willing to say no to fat marriage, it's not seen as acceptable, so that means we're not being fairly represented, it's not fair"

Surely, I'm main parties are unwilling to back your argument, because your argument is seen as acceptable, then you have an unacceptable argument that doesn't deserve fair air time.

If gays stay unable to marry I'll be amazed

The talk around here is that it'll be a No.  It seems that all these "Undecided's" were cowardly "No's" just not willing to say it publically.  I really hope that's not the case.  It would be shameful if it didn't pass.

Turned on radio 4 yesterday and there was some chat about this.

An opposer to gay marriage was talking and actually said "none of the main parties are willing to say no to fat marriage, it's not seen as acceptable, so that means we're not being fairly represented, it's not fair"

Surely, I'm main parties are unwilling to back your argument, because your argument is seen as acceptable, then you have an unacceptable argument that doesn't deserve fair air time.

If gays stay unable to marry I'll be amazed

I say no to fat marriage, it's unacceptable & there's no cake left for anyone else's wedding.

• Upvote 2

@bouncebrigade

No, they seem to think it's about around 40% yes, 20% no, and then 40% undecided, with the undecided (ironically) closet No's.

Hopefully it's wrong, but I did think a few days ago that if anyone is still a "no" then they are only that way because they have an issue with gays and lesbians, so you could only see a no vote from them.