You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chels.... Who's arsed?

Oh Buoy

Did we show any 'every man forward, win at any cost' mentality this season? Certainly not against West Brom or Hull, or even Villa.

Rodgers has managed games to keep his job.

Are you saying he's wrong to do that and should we have went all out attack and risked a loss even though top 4 would still have been very unlikely, as you say he's probably concerned about keeping his job and judging by reactions a loss would not have helped him seeing as there is a lot of people waiting to stick the knife in.

Rodgers was getting labeled clueless by some fans when he was sticking loads of attacking players on late in games and now people are complaining that he played it safe.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you saying he's wrong to do that and should we have went all out attack and risked a loss even though top 4 would still have been very unlikely, as you say he's probably concerned about keeping his job and judging by reactions a loss would not have helped him seeing as there is a lot of people waiting to stick the knife in.

Rodgers was getting labeled clueless by some fans when he was sticking loads of attacking players on late in games and now people are complaining that he played it safe.

John carvers knife?

the poor bastard just can't win

many games.

Chelsea managed to draw in 3rd gear without giving the slightest fuck about the game, we could have won it if we'd wanted to, look at Hazard, he was literally just wandering around strecthing his legs, pitiful really, they're that much better than us we never threatened to win at any point, but as others have said we didn't even look like we cared.

Chelsea haven't lost a game or haven't been pushed back in their own half like that at home this season since we played them in the carling cup.

People being over critical should remember that no team in our league has performed like that at their ground this season and if Rodgers is getting criticised then other managers at cl clubs deserve a lot more.

I had a dream last night that I got a present of one of those Russian dolls.

The first layer was Houllier and when I opened it up there was Rafa, then Kenny (no Hodgson, oddly) and Rodgers.

The last tiny doll in the centre was John Carver but his face wasn't drawn very well.

Another season like this dull pointless one and the attendances will suffer big time. People aren't going to fork out to watch shit football without a hope of winning anything.

I doubt it as if that was the case they would be gone already, in the last seven seasons this will be our second highest finish despite the issues at the start and not having a single striker who got 10 or more league goals.

The highest finish was also under Rodgers the only manager who hasn't won a cup in his first three years and the man who got us closest to the title in the last 25.

• Downvote 1

Chelsea haven't lost a game or haven't been pushed back in their own half like that at home this season since we played them in the carling cup.

People being over critical should remember that no team in our league has performed like that at their ground this season and if Rodgers is getting criticised then other managers at cl clubs deserve a lot more.

Only you could make a lifeless draw against a Chelsea team that still had wine breath and their Haven holiday baseball caps on from midweek, sound like a seminal achievement for Rodgers.

• Upvote 2

They haven't had a midfield of Mikel and some kid making his debut either. They were missing the likes of Matic, Ramires, Oscar and Costa and they were hardly going full throttle. The last time they left players out, Bradford stuck 4 past them. It only took Matic to come on to shut us down.

I thought we played well yesterday but it was a good time to play Chelsea and the fact is we didn't win and never really looked like winning a game that we had to, as a draw was useless to us. If they were playing for the title it would have been a different mentality from them and they'd have had a stronger side out. As it was they were content just protecting their unbeaten home record.

• Upvote 1

To be fair, Section, most people DID know who he was - he'd been banging them in left right and centre for Marseille that season and was a hot property around Europe.

There's probably tons of videos, but just as a sample:

He was also still horrible then, but when he found his spiritual home the excellent Mourinho found a way to tap into his reserves even more to bring out the inner gobby, cheating tart to its fullest.

Most Liverpool fans should have known exactly what he was about....

Because he came to Anfield and gave Sami Hyypia nightmares. I hadnt seen any striker bully Sami about like that so i knew him before he went to Chelsea.

Best thing i remember of that night is getting Barthez booked for timewasting. Me and about 50 others in the centeneray going nuts at the bald twat. Ref thought it was going to kick off and rushed over and booked him.

I'm sure you know this, but you get 1 point for a draw and 3 points for a win. Unless you're playing a team directly above or below you then it's always worth risking a point to try and win 3.

You lose to West Brom and beat Hull say and you've got 3 points. Draw with them both and you've only got 2. Of course it doesn't always work that way but I don't think a draw in the league is ever a good result and a lot of cases they're just as damaging as a defeat.

Sunderland have lost as many games as Southampton this season. 1 of those teams is fighting relegation the other is qualifying for Europe - and it's not the one that's drawn 15 of their matches.

I had a dream last night that I got a present of one of those Russian dolls.

The first layer was Houllier and when I opened it up there was Rafa, then Kenny (no Hodgson, oddly) and Rodgers.

The last tiny doll in the centre was John Carver but his face wasn't drawn very well.

that'll be an excellent likeness then

• Upvote 2

How was not losing better than losing? It still means we are fucked. We may as well have thrown the kitchen sink at them and risked the counter goal while there was still a sliver of hope left.

If he took us into the bottom three you'd be on here arguing it was a tactical move.

If Rodgers had said the sub was for tactical reasons he would still have been criticised.  Pavlov and his dogs, innit.  

I hope he comes out after the next match and says "I'm saying fuck all this week because either way they'll make fun of me on TLW. Bye."

• Upvote 1

I doubt it as if that was the case they would be gone already, in the last seven seasons this will be our second highest finish despite the issues at the start and not having a single striker who got 10 or more league goals.

The highest finish was also under Rodgers the only manager who hasn't won a cup in his first three years and the man who got us closest to the title in the last 25.

So is Rodgers' team that finished second a better team than Rafa's team that finished second?