You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chels.... Who's arsed?

Oh Buoy

This is so lame. Are you suggesting Brendan didn't want three points? You're making an arse of yourself.

Him and the players didn't want to win the game and that is why we only drew away against a manager who has lost three home league games in 14 years. Disgraceful. 

• Upvote 5

No I'm joking that maybe Rodgers had as little of a clue as that poster and already thought the CL chance had gone.

It would explain the end of season feel to yesterday's game, even some of our fans not realising that we still stood a chance of CL. But hey, given the chance to let the chavs clap for two seconds who wouldn't have thrown that away.

So your argument is that Brendan doesn't know how many points we have? Marvellous.

Guest davelfc

So your argument is that Brendan doesn't know how many points we have? Marvellous.

The clue was in the word, joking. You carry on though. 

Guest davelfc

Oh, it's supposed to be a comedy routine?

Hahaha!

*applause*

You're literally acting like you're about about two-years-old. Grow up.

I'm pissed off and I hardly wanted to get caught up in this shit here because of the apologist pricks you bump up against when your opinion doesn't match theirs. That's forums though and that's modern football fans. I expect everything I say to be twisted and I expect to be ridiculed by some, I clearly don't give a shit what you think or what you post as I have absolutely zero respect for either of you as posters on here. It's my own fault for not putting you both on ignore, something now remedied. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Him and the players didn't want to win the game and that is why we only drew away against a manager who has lost three home league games in 14 years. Disgraceful. 

To be fair, by the end they didn't look the least bit arsed about trying to win it and seemed happy to come away without losing. Did you see Mignolet in stoppage time ambling across to take his goal kick from the opposite side of the box like you do when you're wasting time?

How about not sending Skrtel forward for a late set-piece? Even Gary Neville was wondering what the hell was going on, asking why we didn't put Skrtel up front and throw everything we had at them in the closing stages.

And putting Lucas on for our leading goalscorer was not a move designed to try and win the game. It was about not losing it.

• Upvote 5

To be fair, by the end they didn't look the least bit arsed about trying to win it and seemed happy to come away without losing. Did you see Mignolet in stoppage time ambling across to take his goal kick from the opposite side of the box like you do when you're wasting time?

How about not sending Skrtel forward for a late set-piece? Even Gary Neville was wondering what the hell was going on, asking why we didn't put Skrtel up front and throw everything we had at them in the closing stages.

And putting Lucas on for our leading goalscorer was not a move designed to try and win the game. It was about not losing it.

All fair points. I disagree with the sub though. Taking off an attacking player doesn't mean you're necessarily trying to not lose because they were getting on top after Matic came on and the sub did give us a bit more control and we did have a couple of chances in the last few minutes to win it.

All fair points. I disagree with the sub though. Taking off an attacking player doesn't mean you're necessarily trying to not lose because they were getting on top after Matic came on and the sub did give us a bit more control and we did have a couple of chances in the last few minutes to win it.

yeah, but.

Even Gary Neville was wondering what the hell was going on, asking why we didn't put Skrtel up front and throw everything we had at them in the closing stages.

Did we show any 'every man forward, win at any cost' mentality this season? Certainly not against West Brom or Hull, or even Villa.

Rodgers has managed games to keep his job.

Did we show any 'every man forward, win at any cost' mentality this season? Certainly not against West Brom or Hull, or even Villa.

Rodgers has managed games to keep his job.

One of my most enduring images of this season will be of us passing it around on the halfway line in the closing stages of games we were losing or drawing. It's been driving me mad all year.

• Upvote 1

One of my most enduring images of this season will be of us passing it around on the halfway line in the closing stages of games we were losing or drawing. It's been driving me mad all year.

Me too.  It betrays the lack of a winning mentality.  Where the fuck is that coming from next year?

Chelsea managed to draw in 3rd gear without giving the slightest fuck about the game, we could have won it if we'd wanted to, look at Hazard, he was literally just wandering around strecthing his legs, pitiful really, they're that much better than us we never threatened to win at any point, but as others have said we didn't even look like we cared.

• Upvote 2

Chelsea managed to draw in 3rd gear without giving the slightest fuck about the game, we could have won it if we'd wanted to, look at Hazard, he was literally just wandering around strecthing his legs, pitiful really, they're that much better than us we never threatened to win at any point, but as others have said we didn't even look like we cared.

at least we're consistent.

Tell you what I can't abide, Rodgers polishing shit and calling it gold. It's as though people don't actually have eyes. 

If we were strapped for cash, bought some 'punts' for 5-7 million a piece and they all crashed and burned, you'd kind of take it on the chin. If we had a good go and were found wanting, you'd accept it.

But what we have is a bench full of absolute garbage strikers, who cost £30 million between them, who can't get a game because they're shite, and midfielders who cost £20-25 million a pop, and often don't get a game - are played out of position - or are shite. 

We've seen absolutely no move to accept blame for any of this, it's as though buying shit players is just part of football and is met with a shrug of the shoulders, and that in actual fact we've done quite well this year and nearly won the league last year. 

The side is completely devoid of class players, leadership, and gonads. We don't have anyone who remotely has a clue about the transfer market, either how to identify good players, or acquire them once they've been spotted, and any blame that is forthcoming is quickly deflected. 

I'd never thought I'd see a season where the Champions League was treated as a hinderance to training time with the players, or where a 0-1 reversal to Real Madrid was treated like a good result, where we'd get roundly bummed by our biggest rivals and where the absolutely colossal waste of funds is merely shrugged off. It's a disaster. 

Fans will tolerate a lack of success but they won't tolerate a lack of spirit or a small club mentality, that's why Hodgeson has been erased from the memory banks. 

"Better to die on your feet than live on your knees". 

We've been living on our knees all season, now the Europa League and a veritable feast of mediocre transfer targets have got their zips open and we're about to pucker up and suck cock.

• Upvote 1

It drives me nuts too but to be fair when we have garbage strikers lumbering about in Lambert's case or offside in Balotelli's it doesn't leave a lot of options to play balls down the channels. We are limited to trying play through teams from midfield or run it down the flanks with next to no end product .