You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Klopp another Rodgers?

JohnnyH

Over the years we seem to have complicated matters with talk of rebuilds, young coaches, ethos etc.

I reckon a really good start is having a manager who can attract good players. Pretty certain Ancelotti is a manager who can do that, Jurgen seems an improvement on Rodgers, but if Carlo is there then go for it.

As was Stevie and Carra which is always the point I make when people clamour for them to be future managers.

Must be the endless supply of Werthers Originals.

Alex Ferguson was a keen advocate of David Moyes. Doesn't mean he was clueless about football management necessarily.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Fergie handpicked Gollum. Great manager. The less said about his opinions on other managers, the better for all concerned.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

From the sounds of it Klopp has the better plan, with Backroom staff all lined up, whereas Ancelotti seems to think he'd just walk into an office and sign a five year contract.

Reading a bit much into it, mate. For me, Ancelotti is old school, Klopp is new school of football. That's what I want.

I worry Ancelotti might have had it a touch easier at his previous clubs than he would here.

From the sounds of it Klopp has the better plan, with Backroom staff all lined up, whereas Ancelotti seems to think he'd just walk into an office and sign a five year contract.

Yeah I like how you deduced that from absolutely no knowledge of what Ancelotti or Klopp, for that matter, thinks.

• Upvote 1

Not arsed about Ancelotti. I'd way prefer Klopp.

Why do you think Klopp would be a better fit for us mate ?

I'd be delighted with either its more a case of making sure we get someone in with a proven track record of winning which feel is vital.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Why do you think Klopp would be a better fit for us mate ?

I'd be delighted with either its more a case of making sure we get someone in with a proven track record of winning which feel is vital.

I think Ancelotti is used to clubs full of top players and loads of money rather than a club which needs to have lots of work done. I like Carlo but Klopp has been the guy I've wanted for years
  • Upvote 1

I doubt there's too much of a rebuilding job needed as some claim here.

One poster put it quite well when he said that we have a shitload of 7/10 players but no real go to man.

The way I see it, we'll see an upturn in performances when the new manager arrives, regardless if it's Klopp or Ancelotti, as the players will all hopefully been given clean slates and hopefully be played in their favoured positions.

Either one would be able then to potentially attract that 2 or 3 big players we need, a mobile defensive mid, winger and a good centre back.

I doubt there's too much of a rebuilding job needed as some claim here.

One poster put it quite well when he said that we have a shitload of 7/10 players but no real go to man.

The way I see it, we'll see an upturn in performances when the new manager arrives, regardless if it's Klopp or Ancelotti, as the players will all hopefully been given clean slates and hopefully be played in their favoured positions.

Either one would be able then to potentially attract that 2 or 3 big players we need, a mobile defensive mid, winger and a good centre back.

Yes, I don't share the "we have to start again" narrative. We've got a squad now that could finish in the top four, win domestic cups, and get to the latter stages of Europa League or get to the knockout stages of the Champions League.