You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Klopp another Rodgers?

JohnnyH

Not the worst of comparisons:

Kuyt: starred at World Cups and played in a World Cup final. Scored in a CL final and the winning penalty in the semi. Scored what should have been the winner in our last trophy win. A real big game player who scored so many important goals in big games. Adaptable. Gave it absolutely everything whenever he stepped on the pitch. Won trophies.  A leader and great character.

Sturridge: Living off last season where he didn't impact on the crucial last few games. Been as useless as Rodgers this season but does have medals in his cabinet.

That's good work, ritchie. Whether I agree with you or not.

If I was comparing them as players Klopp would be Kuyt and Rodgers Sturridge.

Rodgers is the more classy out if the two when it comes to football style but has been dogged by problems this season while Klopp is a hard worker who's done it in a few big games and in a weaker league.

Yes, but you're completely out of your mind.

• Upvote 1

Hats off to JP, he's subverted the standard negativity troll dynamic and flipped it on it's head so everything is boundless optimistic like a RAWK parody. He's so good at it you can't even tell whether he's serious or not, which is the beauty of the whole thing.

• Upvote 3

Hats off to JP, he's subverted the standard negativity troll dynamic and flipped it on it's head so everything is boundless optimistic like a RAWK parody. He's so good at it you can't even tell whether he's serious or not, which is the beauty of the whole thing.

This encapsulates it perfectly.

He's either deadly serious or sitting his jocks laughing at all our stupidity.

• Upvote 1

JermainePennant has to be on a wind up now. Under Rodger's we've been at Hodgson's level for the majority of his time here. We played good counter attacking football for a spell (second half of his first season) and great to watch kamikaze football last year but the rest of his time at the club has been brutal to watch with results on par with Souness and Hodgson.

You call me a windup then go on to say complete nonsense, seeing as you know this is the case it would be you on the windup.

• Downvote 1

Rodgers, been a success when he's had the tools to work with which is the same as Sturridge.

Klopp done well in a weak league a few years ago, has had good big games and has been to a cl which also would describe Kuyt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's obviously a bit tongue in cheek but so was what I was replying to I assume, my comparison was more realistic either way.

As for being happy go lucky and full of positivity, far from it, as I've said many times if Rodgers a man who nearly got us the title gets sacked the following season after one bad one where there was clear issues then we are fucked for the future.

If I was comparing them as players Klopp would be Kuyt and Rodgers Sturridge.

Rodgers is the more classy out if the two when it comes to football style but has been dogged by problems this season while Klopp is a hard worker who's done it in a few big games and in a weaker league.

Fucking in hell!

(One for the old crowd there)