You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Five players to be shown the door this summer

tlw content

Think manquillos been treated very harshly and to be discarded so quickly wouldn't be fair. He's a very component defender, and his offensively play is yet to be fully developed but he's a willing runner, the pen he won against ludogrets for instance shown ambition and a winners mentality.

• Upvote 2

Can't agree with that list Dave.  Who are these people representing you?

Allen is a much better all round player than Lucas, who needs too much protection in front and behind him, and is therefore only effective in a very limited role.  Ideally, we'll bring three good midfielders in, but the latest news is that Henderson escapes the cut, so we probably won't.  

Toure I'd also keep - and not just for bringing off the bench, but for his attitude.  Apart from Sakho, he is probably the only player with a strong mentality in the squad.  We need strong characters and leaders; we're lamentably short of both.

Markovic, Johnson, Lambert, Lucas, Moreno, Borini, Balotelli, Lovren, Enrique - and Gerrard of course.  We're in a right two and eight, and no mistake.  

You couldn't make it up...

• Upvote 1

Ibe is a diamond in the rough, waiting to be  cut into the stone that Bale was - pacey, physical fullback turned into forward player.

Need a bit of non-linear thinking here as we somehow have more dross sitting around then we did 3 years ago.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Maybe, depending on how inherently unpleasant you are and your upbringing I suppose.

I don't think so, I think the level of restraint shown more heavily depends on how unpleasant you are. In this instance, you're quite a displeasurable twat, clueless and, worst of all, a grass. When you factor in the general level of internet seriousness, where being called a cunt isn't all that troublesome, I think it was quite restrained.

I don't think so, I think it depends on how unpleasant you are whether it was accurate, harsh, or restrained. In this instance, you're quite a displeasurable twat, clueless and, worst of all, a grass. When you factor in the general level of internet seriousness, where being called a cunt isn't all that troublesome, I think it was quite restrained.

Lol.. Is this guy serious?

You need to take it easy Numero, it's only football. Maybe take some time off the forum? Or block me like you used to?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lol.. Is this guy serious?

You need to take it easy Numero, it's only football. Maybe take some time off the forum? Or block me like you used to?

No thanks. Obviously negged for saying 'lol' like a 15 year old American teenager.

EDIT: I'm out. And no, I'm not particularly serious. I just like to poke people I don't like with sticks.

• Upvote 2