You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coffee

Oh Buoy

Don't mind the odd coffee. I went through a phase of drinking it every morning then started feeling groggy after it had wore off and was getting headaches. I swerve it now - will have the odd cup but got out of the habit of relying on the stuff.

Taylors - Rich Italian. I'm half a man without a strong coffee in the morning.

Love their Lava Java.

I've never been that impressed with Taylor's coffee; the one's I've had have been a bit thin and sharp but I've had some great Javan coffee so could be persuaded to give it a try as not everywhere sells Cafe Direct

This is lovely if you like a strong coffee, Buoy.

Pretty similar to Taylors Lava Java, I tend to prefer it as it's just beautifully rich.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Wish-Coffee-Strongest-Organic/dp/B006CQ1ZHI

Would add that I'm not much of a connoisseur, having only started drinking coffee a couple of years ago. I got this based on reviews on various coffee nerd sites, but I like it anyway and have never had any complaints when I've served it to someone.

Bit of a one-off purchase for me due to the extra price. I wouldn't say the difference between it and Taylors as above is worth the huge premium, but worth a try I'd say.

I confess that I am instinctively suspicious of companies that also produce instant coffee

I like it.  Especially the slow poisoning I'm getting from the aluminium.  And it means I can rework the advert.  "Get your own you scheming cow! Fuck off!"  Very cathartic when on your own in the house.  Not so great when you have visitors.

I like it.  Especially the slow poisoning I'm getting from the aluminium.  And it means I can rework the advert.  "Get your own you scheming cow! Fuck off!"  Very cathartic when on your own in the house.  Not so great when you have visitors.

And all that fucking packaging! You wont turn me. The triumph of style over substance

Just like nice filter coffee, Halton Borough Council's meeting filter coffee is the best coffee I've ever had, I have high street coffee at a push but don't really like it that much - Rhode Island's is the best of a bad bunch, Costa's is rank. Used to have about 20 coffees a day in my old job, twas a palpitations fest. 

This is lovely if you like a strong coffee, Buoy.

Pretty similar to Taylors Lava Java, I tend to prefer it as it's just beautifully rich.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Death-Wish-Coffee-Strongest-Organic/dp/B006CQ1ZHI

Would add that I'm not much of a connoisseur, having only started drinking coffee a couple of years ago. I got this based on reviews on various coffee nerd sites, but I like it anyway and have never had any complaints when I've served it to someone.

Bit of a one-off purchase for me due to the extra price. I wouldn't say the difference between it and Taylors as above is worth the huge premium, but worth a try I'd say.

I'll give it a go when it's available again. 

I'm a little skeptical of these "extreme strength" coffee brands though - the majority over roast. 

If you're looking for good ordered coffee, I can vouch for hasbean: http://www.hasbean.co.uk/ or https://www.pactcoffee.com/coffees

I confess that I am instinctively suspicious of companies that also produce instant coffee

When I worked at the BBC they had Nescafe Freeze-dry and everyone wondered why I brought in my own every day. 

Instant coffee tastes awful. 

I'm tending towards tea during the week and coffee at the weekend 

There's an excellent tea & coffee merchants 5 minutes walk away who roast their own beans 

I have a grinder and I'm in to my Moka pot at the moment so a few strong espressos work nicely

• Upvote 1