You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Case for Klopp

Dr. J

Fuck Klopp. You'd think management was rocket science, it isnt. buy top class strikers.. That's about it.... the rest of the lads know the basics.. Duh pass to a player in the same kit as me... Try not to be too shit... Keep the ball....tackle player with ball in different kit. We've made it look like we're being taught the rules to some new sport every bastard week. Suck fucking Willys.

I'm just not shaking this knee jerk. I'm still annoyed by our teams complete lack of will to win. Obvously football is a wee bit more complicated than just top class strikers but Christ they can cover a multitude of sins. Buy higuian, sell twenty of our shit players to pay his wage. No squad strikers none of this borini.. Lambert.. Mario shite. When you are relying on sterling who can't shoot for shit as your striker it doesn't matter who the manager is or what tactics he knows, he is fucked. We will probably just watch every fucker else buy top class forwards though and we will be happy with origi and some shit 8 stone ballerina midfielders. Fuckety fuck.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why anyone thinks Klopp would come to us to struggle and sell his best players to bigger clubs. Surely he's had enough of that.

Same goes for Ancelotti. For various reasons we're not that big a draw anymore.

I say bring back the John Barnes/Jason McAteer joint manager team. It CAN work, I feel it in my bones.

I don't understand why anyone thinks Klopp would come to us to struggle and sell his best players to bigger clubs. Surely he's had enough of that.

Same goes for Ancelotti. For various reasons we're not that big a draw anymore.

I say bring back the John Barnes/Jason McAteer joint manager team. It CAN work, I feel it in my bones.

Throw in Staunton and it's green for go.

listening to honigstein on 5 live he reckons klopp will want to walk into a job with a team already in the CL and not another 3 year project.

We're not just any old club, and we're not some 3 year project. With all due respect Mr Honigstein, shhhh.

Klopp isn't an idiot, he's spilt spunk all over his CV this season and he won't expect to get in at Chelsea, United, or Arsenal. However, City are the outlier. I just wonder if Mansour will back Pellegrini and just get rid of a bunch of players, something that another manager would have done anyway. After all, Pellegrini has won the title once already. I also think that Vieira meddling in the background might not be to Klopp's taste.

1. Saw a clip where Klopp was talking about coming to manage in England because he speaks reasonable English and communication is a big part of the way he works. He also said he wanted a club where there would be an emotional attachment with the fans.

2. Chelsea, ManU, Arse aren't going to change managers. City might, but they will want someone to come in for a year until they can Guardiola next year.

3. Klopp might be able to suggest names to the transfer committee other than Swansea and Soton surplus to requirements players.

4. Some of the names he suggests might actually want to come and play for him as they have heard of him.

5. Then I woke up from my daydream.

Why wouldn't Klopp want to come here? He's said he's moving to the premier league, 3 of the top 5 teams don't have any need to change managers which leaves us and City. If Anchelotti gets sacked they'll go for him and Klopp said himself he's not interested in taking a sabbatical.

He was linked with West Ham the other day, now no-one can tell me he'd rather go there than here. He'd obviously be interested, it really rests on what Brendan does in the last 6 games.

He's already been at one selling club getting his best players poached. Why would he want to do that again?

This is the genius of the man. He figures that our committee don't generally buy players that other clubs want to poach.

tumblr_lpffr66vZy1qzs09vo1_500.gif

Always one step ahead.

• Upvote 1