You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your own self-made/band music thread

Red Phoenix

Have fixed some of the guitar in the last tune posted here and re-uploaded (about an hour or so ago)  : http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/topic/107815-your-own-self-madeband-music-thread/?p=4797582

Parts of it sounded bad because of shitty playing in general (not been playing much for quite a while) and a really slow flanger/phaser effect from an amp program that was making it sound worse at a certain stage.

good stuff - I've only listened to the first so far, but it has a very 70's Talking Heads vibe (which is a good thing)

Cheers mate. There's one on there called 3-4-3 (after the famous CRUYFF Barca formation) that we have tried to get a kraut rock feel going on it. We are all into prog rock and particularly Neu! And Can. We try and shoehorn the kraut motorik beat in where we can!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is my mate's band's new video, I'm one of the extras in it. You can see the back of my head twice so it was well worth the bollocking I got for staying out for hours on end helping out (& drinking)...

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/29/2017 at 8:53 PM, Mook said:

This is my mate's band's new video, I'm one of the extras in it. You can see the back of my head twice so it was well worth the bollocking I got for staying out for hours on end helping out (& drinking)...

I have also starred in a music video of my mates old band. 

I’m the fella selling books with the red tracksuit top on. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Everybody else took the time to learn the words fella

I had the hardest lyric to mime in the whole song. I didn’t know the song until 5 minutes before turning up. 

I also believe I gave her £5 note in exchange for 40p. 

It’s at least North West Extra of Year level. 

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

That would sound right at home as the background music in a nightclub scene from a gangster movie starring Simon Maroulis.

I'd be fine with them using the tune in a film like that, but only if Simon does a mad rave dance when it's playing.

On 6/29/2017 at 8:53 PM, Mook said:

Cracking song that, Mook.

This probably won’t be seen as a compliment, but it has quite an Audioslave feel to it for me.

Beefy guitar riffs and that singer has a superb voice.

I’ll fuck back off out of the music threads again now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Cracking song that, Mook.

This probably won’t be seen as a compliment, but it has quite an Audioslave feel to it for me.

Beefy guitar riffs and that singer has a superb voice.

I’ll fuck back off out of the music threads again now.

They're touring down south at the moment, I think they've done Southampton & Leamington Spa the last couple of nights. Aye, he's got a great voice has Dave.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mook said:

They're touring down south at the moment, I think they've done Southampton & Leamington Spa the last couple of nights. Aye, he's got a great voice has Dave.

Pisser on the timing, I’d have gone to that had I listened to these before.  They played The Engine Rooms on Thursday by the looks of it.

Will keep an eye out for more gigs and get along to see them. Nice one mate.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I was in the studio yesterday for the first time in years, we're doing an EP with four new songs. I'll hopefully be able to post them in here in May. One of them will definitely belong in the prog rock thread, it's got about eight time signature changes and a saxophone solo.

20230422_202529.jpg

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Mook said:

I was in the studio yesterday for the first time in years, we're doing an EP with four new songs. I'll hopefully be able to post them in here in May. One of them will definitely belong in the prog rock thread, it's got about eight time signature changes and a saxophone solo.

20230422_202529.jpg

Will look forward to that brother. 

Released our new single today (MAYDAY! MAYDAY!). Was played by George at Anfield yesterday, pretty surreal experience.

Some of you might remember our earlier stuff from a few years back, this one is off our new album expected to be released end of 2023. If you enjoy it would be massively appreciated if you can give it a share!

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...