You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

I'm not absolving a share of the blame on Sterling.

But an ambitious club do not end up selling one of the best 20 year olds in world football.

Especially as they have spent a fortune trying to buy many others with only a fraction of his talent.

I take your point here, and im sure there will be others down the line, Coutinho Ibe etc, but on this occasion Sterling, and his agents, complete cuntery are at the base of all this. Personally im happy to see the back of him. He checked out  months ago. FSG werent anything to do with that.

Lets just hope that any new manager doesnt blast the £40mill up the wall.

Id spend half of it on Cabaye and the other half on Schneiderlin personally.

From his agent saying Sterling feels bullied over the contract and will be meeting the club this week to tell them he's not signing.

Carra is a legend for what he said about the situation tonight and is spot on.

stop telling us your opinion on something without quoting that something.  That's twice now.  What has Carragher said?

stop telling us your opinion on something without quoting that something. That's twice now. What has Carragher said?

Basically it pisses him off a 20 year old is taking on the club, Sterling hasn't done it in the big games, LFC is the best place for him and that the leaking of contract talks started with Sterlings agent 6-9 months ago.

I'm not absolving a share of the blame on Sterling.

But an ambitious club do not end up selling one of the best 20 year olds in world football.

Especially as they have spent a fortune trying to buy many others with only a fraction of his talent.

Make up a scenario, pass it off as fact, use newly created fact to have a stab at the club.

Textbook.

I take your point here, and im sure there will be others down the line, Coutinho Ibe etc, but on this occasion Sterling, and his agents, complete cuntery are at the base of all this. Personally im happy to see the back of him. He checked out  months ago. FSG werent anything to do with that.

Lets just hope that any new manager doesnt blast the £40mill up the wall.

Id spend half of it on Cabaye and the other half on Schneiderlin personally.

Qpr have a 20% sell-on fee.

Not sure we will get as much as people expect but who knows.

I understand peoples frustration with his dip in form but he hasn't downed tools.

Steady...

"It's been suggested to me that RS would have signed a new contract if another manager was in place" - Ben Smith http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05vcyt1 

Carina @CarinaAnders  ·  4m 4 minutes ago

from around 18 min.

0 retweets 1 favorite

Ben Smith has said these quotes are false (at least from him).

I want him gone, but I don't trust NESV to get full value. I mean, if Sterling was at Spurs, Daniel Levy would wring £150m and the chairman's first born out of any purchasing club. The fees we get tend to be more in the "bag of balloons and a pencil" ballpark.

Cant believe the amount of outrage to be honest. He's been off for months.

Big calls need to be made this summer. Rodgers first then Ayre.

Get the Best manager, Best CEO. Or get used to players forcing transfers and mediocrity.

• Upvote 3

I want to see the cunt's back too. The question now is how much we can get in his present abysmal form. The little cunt has been in such a downward spiral or has been on deliberate  slow- down for the last few months that his value could have considerably fallen. But from now on I just don't want to hear anything from the club regarding his contract situation: Just get rid.

• Downvote 1