You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

I thought Sterling said the other night it was partly due to his right leg being the one he shoots with.

Should have been a fucking water pistol tattoo in that case.

Maybe he should get a tattoo of a Black Widow on his arm, cos round here "...we just step on em and squish em."

I think some of the criticism Sterling gets is fucking ridiculous, actually. He’s a good player and I respect his reasoning on the tattoo. The gutter press has a racist agenda to demonise him, it’s not acceptable in any way, shape or form.

A relative off mine who I was close to drank himself to death a few years ago.

I’m going to get a bottle of Smirnoff tattooed on my chest.

I have a tattoo of a turtle on my shoulder, which is fucking disgusting really, because that might encourage people to go and get turtles and do fucking ridiculous things with them!

Soneone posted a link on Twitter to some of the bad press he's had in the past, they included the fact he shopped in Poundland and booked a Ryanair flight DESPITE BEING RICH and the fact his car was dirty. Also referred to him as 'football idiot' for no apparent reason.

• Upvote 1

Soneone posted a link on Twitter to some of the bad press he's had in the past, they included the fact he shopped in Poundland and booked a Ryanair flight DESPITE BEING RICH and the fact his car was dirty. Also referred to him as 'football idiot' for no apparent reason.

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamkeyworth/status/1001218545588502530

• Upvote 2

A relative off mine who I was close to drank himself to death a few years ago.

I’m going to get a bottle of Smirnoff tattooed on my chest.

You're right, you need to have a word with Raheem. Then you need to have a word with pretty much every Christian in existence.

• Upvote 1

You're right, you need to have a word with Raheem. Then you need to have a word with pretty much every Christian in existence.

Think it was Bill Hicks who said that’s why there has been no 2nd coming. Not going back Dad they are all wearing crucifixes don’t want to be reminded of that shit that happened last time.

• Upvote 1

So you have The Sun, Piers Morgan and dockers_strike on the one side, tells you all you need to know really.

https://www.football365.com/news/mediawatch-special-raheem-sterling-the-sun-and-racist-attacks

I dislike Sterling and think the tattoo is shit for all sorts of reasons. But there's a definite racist/classist witch hunt going on here. I think it started with the stories about teen pregnancies, unmarried partners, etc. - not even referenced in the above summary. Many of us used to laugh at that, I guess, but his press coverage has gone way too far...