You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Benteke plus 4-7 million after Qpr, meh.

I guess its like a trophy for FSG, partying in Boston tonight.

Americans helping fans to enjoy sales of players, get the fuck in.

Maybe with all this money we have we will go and put a 50million bid in for Benzenma and pay his wages.

Or try and get a replacement for Gerrard, right?.

• Upvote 2

Most expensive British players

£85.3m - Gareth Bale (Tottenham to Real Madrid, 2013)

£49m* - Raheem Sterling (Liverpool to Manchester City, 2015) *subject to deal going through

£35m - Andy Carroll (Newcastle to Liverpool, 2011)

£30m - Rio Ferdinand (Leeds to Manchester United, 2002)

£27m - Luke Shaw (Southampton to Manchester United, 2015)

£27m - Wayne Rooney (Everton to Manchester United, 2004)

£26m - James Milner (Aston Villa to Manchester City, 2010)

Torres ?

Guest davelfc

Just read somewhere else a fan moaning about wishing we could go a summer without selling our best player.

Sterling, our best player. Christ we must be shit if he's our best player. He's been crap all season and was only half decent last season with Suarez and a fully fit Sturridge propping him up, 

I'm writing this down so it can be quoted back to me, they've been mugged. He's got potential alright, to be a complete waste of money. 

• Upvote 1

I'm glad it is resolved as the hassle was a sideshow we did not need. He is a good player but not worth this sort of money. City have paid a lot for potential. How much of it is realized remains to be seen.

We could come out of it smelling of roses if we invest the money well and the team gels. Our recent history shows this is not an easy thing to do, at least for us!

The main thing I don't like is that it is another piece of evidence to highlight our current standing in the game. I would love it, really love it, if Sterling flatters to deceive, struggles at Man City and doesn't kick on in his career. I'd be made up if we finish ahead of them this season. 

Come on!

Guest davelfc

We must have saved between £700,000 to £800,000 on him not signing a new contract with increased wages. So it's closer to £50m and we don't have to give any of those savings away like we do with the fee.

Win!

In fact if this story dated Jan 2015 is true then we have saved considerably more. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/raheem-sterlings-contract-talks-liverpool-5037240

We must have saved between £700,000 to £800,000 on him not signing a new contract with increased wages. So it's closer to £50m and we don't have to give any of those savings away like we do with the fee.

Win!

Good point. And there's the plane fair to the Far East. That's not cheap!

• Upvote 1