You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

If he turns out to be fantastic at City it's because he's surrounded by the likes of Aguero and Silva just like he was great with Suarez....He wouldn't be fantastic here as we have given up all together being a challenger and signing quality .

Denny lad you've hit the nail on the head,when it comes down to it, why does the lad want to leave?.Probably the same reasons that Torres,Masch,and dare I say Mr Gerrard wanted out.

Not really.

Those 3 were world class all approaching the final opportunity of their career to move.

If Sterling was that good he has years left and could easily show a year or two of loyalty and still achieve whatever he wants.

Fact is, he's not that good.

His agent knows his stock will NEVER be higher than it is now. Hence he wants his piece of the pie.

As for Sterlings ambition? If he had an ounce of ambition he wouldn't be heading to City.

He'll do OK there. Might collect the occasional medals having played 50% less games.

Bit like Nasri- winning a trophy with Arsenal would have made him a legend- winning them with City? Whatever.

• Upvote 1

Not really.

Those 3 were world class all approaching the final opportunity of their career to move.

If Sterling was that good he has years left and could easily show a year or two of loyalty and still achieve whatever he wants.

Fact is, he's not that good.

His agent knows his stock will NEVER be higher than it is now. Hence he wants his piece of the pie.

As for Sterlings ambition? If he had an ounce of ambition he wouldn't be heading to City.

He'll do OK there. Might collect the occasional medals having played 50% less games.

Bit like Nasri- winning a trophy with Arsenal would have made him a legend- winning them with City? Whatever.

Yeah fair comment Dave.

There's no questioning the lad's ability. Those who say he's overrated are deluding themselves. He's an exceptional talent at 20 years of age and is only going to get better. I think £50M will end up being a bargain for City, if the transfer happens. He's going to be worth a lot more than that in a few years, I guarantee it. Anyone who doubts that must have missed some of his best performances for us. All he needs to do is add goals to his game and he'll be a world beater.

Having said all that, he is a spoilt little bastard and if he wants out we shouldn't dig our heels in and force him to stay. Sell him to the highest bidder, excluding Man U if those cheeky fucks ever decide to make an offer for him. 

• Downvote 1

Sterling's shooting is abysmal, his crossing and his passing are poor, his touch is dire, his control is dubious, his decision making is horrendous and he's a horrid, spiteful little cunt.

I fail to see where any of this "best young talent in the world" stuff comes from, I really do.

By the end of August, Fanchester City will have topped himself.

• Upvote 3

Sterling's shooting is abysmal, his crossing and his passing are poor, his touch is dire, his control is dubious, his decision making is horrendous and he's a horrid, spiteful little cunt.

I fail to see where any of this "best young talent in the world" stuff comes from, I really do.

It's because of the dearth of young talent coming through in England generally. He's a cross between Luke Chadwick and a pair of headphones.

• Upvote 3

He's not as bad as you make him out to be. He's a good young player for his age, and we've been starved of genuine talent coming through since Gerrard, thus people overestimating his ability... they really want him to be that. His stats really are good, but they really don't paint the full picture... and if you compare his actual game to real world class players at that age, he's quite shite (Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi...)

In truth, if we had Berahinho playing as our focal point last season, or any other half decent striker, they'd probably have outscored the little brat.

• Upvote 1

So the fsg committee plan is to sell raheem for 50m skwidz then plonk 33m skwids down rekwired to activate the wewease wodger claus in big bentekes conetract and spend 15m on no nathaniel fog on the clyne is all mine all mine with about 2m remaining which should cover bogdandy and a young you scratch my centre back Ill scratch your season off the guest list dont disappoint us too soon will you? I prefer a bit of a frank suspencer to my crushing reality crashing and a long agonising wait for the assistance of the emergency services and their trusty sniffer dogs in the vain hope of being found before they call off the search for decent signings so forgive my for glen pondering the direction of the pied pipers of boston a second here but hear me out you heron facing naysayers when I say fuck this shit.

He's not as bad as you make him out to be. He's a good young player for his age, and we've been starved of genuine talent coming through since Gerrard, thus people overestimating his ability... they really want him to be that. His stats really are good, but they really don't paint the full picture... and if you compare his actual game to real world class players at that age, he's quite shite (Ronaldo, Neymar, Messi...)

In truth, if we had Berahinho playing as our focal point last season, or any other half decent striker, they'd probably have outscored the little brat.

And if we had Berahino banging them in last season his agent would have us believe he's right up there with Van Basten and City would pay 60m for him

If you compare him to world class players like ronaldo and stuff at the same age doesn't sterling come out better stats wise?

I think so, definitely in the season where we finished second.

But do you get the same sense of anticipation you got when those players got the ball? Nine times out of ten you know sterling is going to run down a blind alley, or lose the ball, or hit a powder puff shot.

Do the stats tell us how poorly hit Sterling's shots are? or how often a bad decision of his let us down? or how many of our moves broke down because of his indecisiveness?

I maintain that the kid is good, but not half as good as some are making him out to be, and I used my eyes to come to that conclusion, not stats.

• Upvote 1

If we were buying him at this point in his career I wouldn't want to spend more than 25M, and even then I'd have some concerns. We know he is a good player, but there are flaws, and there is a lot of unfulfilled potential. If we sold for 50M he could easily go on to be a 100M player, but equally, he could fade away, for various reasons.

50M and be done with it. Or 40M from Man City plus a player. Or 20M from Arsenal plus Walcott. Something like that. Let's be done with this and move on.

If we were buying him at this point in his career I wouldn't want to spend more than 25M, and even then I'd have some concerns. We know he is a good player, but there are flaws, and there is a lot of unfulfilled potential. If we sold for 50M he could easily go on to be a 100M player, but equally, he could fade away, for various reasons.

50M and be done with it. Or 40M from Man City plus a player. Or 20M from Arsenal plus Walcott. Something like that. Let's be done with this and move on.

Hes worth well more than 50m by our own standards of lallana at 28m being well over 25. Hed be the fourth name on their teamsheet.

Hes worth well more than 50m by our own standards of lallana at 28m being well over 25. Hed be the fourth name on their teamsheet.

By our own standards Andy Carroll is one of the most expensive centre forwards in European football history