You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Don't think I've ever passed comment about us getting low fees, not really arsed what we get for players really, it's the business that goes the other way that concerns me more, but this sterling money is daylight robbery and no club in the world will pay that kind of doller. We'd be idiots to fuck this up.

If sterling's bitch thought he could cake walk his trick out of the club then he's in for a hard lesson. sterling will be due back for pre season training soon and if his bitch doesnt start whispering in the ear of mansoor, wenger or any other tart he thought he had the ear of, he's going to find his trick is either going to have to suck it up or go on strike.

*insert Super Fly gif*

Unless City offer us £65m and some players, I think we should hang onto Sterling until next summer.

I think Sterling will get about 15 goals and 15 assists next season if he stays with us and I don't think anybody we sign will get that. Moreover, by next summer there is a bigger chance the transfer committee will not be functional anymore, or will have lost some of its current members. That's significant, because the committee constitutes, without question, the most incompetent group of people to ever conduct our transfer business.

Bang on!

This is exactly how I feel and the past has proven this. I hear everyone say I'd take 40 million for him but there's no way we will ever get someone with the potential to be world class like Sterling is.

Bang on!

This is exactly how I feel and the past has proven this. I hear everyone say I'd take 40 million for him but there's no way we will ever get someone with the potential to be world class like Sterling is.

He's not Suarez in talent OR application. If we hang on to him, he is going to sulk and be a useless non-entity. The fact that you can't even imagine the possibility of better players being out there is evidence enough that you are buying into the small-club mentality we are slowly but surely devolving into.

He's not Suarez in talent OR application. If we hang on to him, he is going to sulk and be a useless non-entity. The fact that you can't even imagine the possibility of better players being out there is evidence enough that you are buying into the small-club mentality we are slowly but surely devolving into.

better players than sterling?! his shooting ability alone puts him streets ahead of Pele.

He may sulk but if he does then who will buy him then next season its in his own interest to play well.

I don't disagree they're out there, I have no confidence in anyone at the club finding these players.

I believe we have done most of our transfer dealings already this season. I can't say many more coming in which is a disgrace following that dreadful season. Maybe if we sell Sterling we will get more players whether we can find a replacement or they are willing to come to us I don't know what I do know is Sterling is a very good player in fact probably our best this season.

Don't think I've ever passed comment about us getting low fees, not really arsed what we get for players really, it's the business that goes the other way that concerns me more, but this sterling money is daylight robbery and no club in the world will pay that kind of doller. We'd be idiots to fuck this up.

Spot on, as per.

Who gives a shit what he has to say if/when he leaves.

I don't care what he might say. Just trying to think of a new angle to the conversation, as it's all very repetitive...

We don't like Sterling. The cheek. Can't shoot. Oh but he's a good player. Good player? There's better on the continent! Yes, but remember the goal against Chelsea? And he played at a decent level in 3-4 positions. But he can't shoot! And he goes over at the slightest contact. But he's a good player. Aye, but he'll never be a great player. Maybe he will. 40M and I'd snatch their hand off. I'd let him rot in the reserves. We can't pass up the money. Money is no use to us! We won't spend it wisely. Ayre is a divvy. Has he gone yet? QPR need their cut don't forget. OK 60M it is then. We won't get that. 50M then. Blah blah blah.

Just trying to tease out a new angle on his likely departure. He went to the press without the club's know,edge and did that interview to try to build his image and get his side of the story across. It didn't work. When he goes it will probably be nasty in the media. He will be looking to stick the boot in, that's for sure.

• Upvote 2

I love the way some people get the shits when the chips are down and want to fold.

Its amazing how quickly people go from 'we always get shit, low fees when we sell' to now wanting to accept the second bid received which is only reportedly £35m up front and £5m in add ons from the richest club in England.

Fuck that. If city or anyone else want him, they pay the sticker price. Despite what sterling and his bitch think, they arent in the boss seat here, the club is.

If sterling's bitch thought he could cake walk his trick out of the club then he's in for a hard lesson. sterling will be due back for pre season training soon and if his bitch doesnt start whispering in the ear of mansoor, wenger or any other tart he thought he had the ear of, he's going to find his trick is either going to have to suck it up or go on strike.

I think the club is playing a fucking blinder here.

City are out to get him, so I'm not really worried about that. We'll get our 50m in one form or another after all is said and done.

I love the way some people get the shits when the chips are down and want to fold.

Its amazing how quickly people go from 'we always get shit, low fees when we sell' to now wanting to accept the second bid received which is only reportedly £35m up front and £5m in add ons from the richest club in England.

Fuck that. If city or anyone else want him, they pay the sticker price. Despite what sterling and his bitch think, they arent in the boss seat here, the club is.

I think the club is playing a fucking blinder here.

Not a penney less than 50m and I'm confident City will pay it. Sterling admittedly could go either way but as the most exciting English talent of his generation, he is worth a punt for City.

He went to the press without the club's know,edge and did that interview to try to build his image and get his side of the story across. It didn't work. When he goes it will probably be nasty in the media. He will be looking to stick the boot in, that's for sure.

He might be wiser to take stock of the fact they love piling on him and keep his trap shut for once, but he won't.

City are out to get him, so I'm not really worried about that. We'll get our 50m in one form or another after all is said and done.

Not a penney less than 50m and I'm confident City will pay it. Sterling admittedly could go either way but as the most exciting English talent of his generation, he is worth a punt for City.

This is Liverpool Football Club we're talking about here, I've seen better negotiation skills at Waco. 

• Upvote 3

The club paid £5 million for him when he was 15, i would say that's a pretty big fee for a kid who had never played a first team game. 

If what you are saying is true and he was already known as the best youngster in English football, then why are so many people laughing at the 40 million we are getting for him now?

I still think we took the risk on him and he is showing us very little gratitude in return, prick. 

But i also disagree with Fanchester City, he shows enough glimpses of his overall talent to suggest he is more than just a dribbler or speed merchant. He has a rounded game and that will only get better with age.

That's the clubs fault then.  Everybody knew what the situtation was when we signed him.  I'm not sure he asked Liverpool to pay the money for him we did.  Either way he signs a contract which both parties agree on.  Liverpool knew the risks and know the risks now.  We didn't sign Raheem Sterling at 15 for 5m for his benefit, we signed him for ours.  We have benefitted from it and we will do when we sell him for a lot more than we bought him for.

All this loyalty stuff is utter shite.  If he wasn't making it here he would be making it somewhere else.  Liverpool didn't throw him in for his benefit.  We did it for our own.  The fact that a lot of the big boys around Europe are talking about signing him at his current age proves it.  It doesn't matter if you think he's overated or not worth 40m etc in his own head Liverpool are just the club he ended up at to break through at this level.

If anything I wouldn't be surprised if he hadn't forgotten the shit he got very early on when he had a dip in form at 18 or whatever it was from all the mongs in the lower centenary and around the ground.  And that was before the first contract talk murder he had.  The fan base have never taken to him and he will be fully aware of that.

I personally would have liked to have kept him for a bit longer.  The club should have looked at the start of last season and thought this is going to be a difficult season losing Suarez and bringing all these new players in.  The following season though a lot of these players will have had a season to adjust and will be better.  We just need to make sure no first teamers leave so we aren't constantly rebuilding.  What happened instead was a complete farce.  They should have gotten Sterling tied down.  Skrtel could easily have disappeared this summer as well.  Gerrard has gone unnecessarily and we could have been in the same boat with Henderson, Ibe and others. 

Now it's another summer of rebuilding and having to bed in players again.  Sterling isn't the player these clubs think he is but he is invaluable to us at the moment because he's a regular starter who is fairly consistent.  If he goes he has to be replaced and a new player doesn't only just effect that position it effects how well other players play as well.

It's gone too far now though he has to go but we can squeeze Man City for him because they know other clubs will come calling as well.  It's the reason they are in for him so early.  That first bid was fucking hilarious.  In the rejection email/letter/fax I'd have said to them every time you submit a bid that isn't what we want (50m to start with) we are going to add 2m to what we want from you.  If you want him this early you can pay the tax for it.

If Chelsea can get £50 million for Sideshow Bob then we should deffo hold out for as much as we can, I'm sick of us being shafted in the transfer market.

Martin Kelly went to Palace for was it £1.5 million? You just know if it had been roles reversed we'd have stumped up around £10 million.

i have no doubt city will come up with the 50m, its a game to them , like buying a gold platted rolls royce

I think if they bid £50m, then we could get £55m out of them before they give up.

I also wonder if we're in talks with QPR about buying Austin as part of the sell-on deal, and possibly loaning them Borini or Lambert. They must want big wage earners off their books. We can provide them with a decent Championship striker, and we'll pay half their wages, and give them £10m for Austin, and £15m from the Sterling sale.