You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

In the recent past we've backstabbed players so that our narrative of their departure prevails. The antithesis of the liverpool way. It's a brave new world and the boundaries defining professionalism have moved and we helped move them, so I don't have a whole lot of sympathy when someone comes along and does the same to us.

He's ensuring the option of making Sterling sit out his contract is off the table.

Are you talking about Torres?

We should sell him at Christmas and have him on the bench as a non playing sub till we do. Don't play him so when he moves he's not match fit and he's had months of abuse. Evil I know. It seems like some proper shit has gone on at the club for it to have turned this bad, what a mess we're in.

Are you talking about Torres?

Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, and Suarez to an extent were all demonised by the club prior to, and some in the aftermath of, them leaving.

We're a selling club, and those running the club are acting in the typical way of any selling club, put a black mark over the player, lay the blame at their door in the hope of disguising the unpalatable but simple fact that we are a selling club.

• Upvote 2

We should sell him at Christmas and have him on the bench as a non playing sub till we do. Don't play him so when he moves he's not match fit and he's had months of abuse. Evil I know. It seems like some proper shit has gone on at the club for it to have turned this bad, what a mess we're in.

We threw a 19/20 year old under the bus.

Unfortunately for those running the club, and us long suffering supporters, that 20 year old is in a stronger position than given credit for and has a gobshite for an agent. Sterling himself might be a dick, I dunno, but the club has messed up big time.

Torres, Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, and Suarez to an extent were all demonised by the club prior to, and some in the aftermath of, them leaving.

We're a selling club, and those running the club are acting in the typical way of any selling club, put a black mark over the player, lay the blame at their door in the hope of disguising the unpalatable but simple fact that we are a selling club.

Torres wanted to leave the club for Chelsea.. What 'demonising' did we do? With Suarez it was amicable I thought, he was going to Barcelona afterall. With Alonso, if anything it was Rafa and Gerrard who looked worst coming out of the saga, with them actively pursuing Barry to replace Alonso the season prior.

I think this whole demonising business is mainly just the fans being dramatic to be honest.

Torres wanted to leave the club for Chelsea.. What 'demonising' did we do? With Suarez it was amicable I thought, he was going to Barcelona afterall. With Alonso, if anything it was Rafa and Gerrard who looked worst coming out of the saga, with them actively pursuing Barry to replace Alonso the season prior.

I think this whole demonising business is mainly just the fans being dramatic to be honest.

I think every one of those players complained about how the club dealt with their leaving, some wrote letters to the supporters to explain their side. Suarez complained the year before, and if Sterling doesn't go for another 12 months it won't make his current complaints any less real.

I'm not saying any of those players didn't want to leave, nor that some of the fault wasn't their own, but there's certainly a pattern.

I think every one of those players complained about how the club dealt with their leaving, some wrote letters to the supporters to explain their side. Suarez complained the year before,and if Sterling doesn't go for another 12 months it won't make his current complaints any less real.

I'm not saying any of those players didn't want to leave, nor that some of the fault wasn't their own, but there's certainly a pattern.

The club didn't want to let them leave for cheap because they were good players, that'd be all there is to it I reckon.

• Upvote 1

The club have cancelled tomorrow's talks after comments attributed to Evening Standard.

LFC finally acquire a backbone. 

In fairness they showed backbone in how they handled suarez when he wanted to leave. There's a lot of things I have issue with FSG about but they won't let Sterling or his gobshite agent dictate terms to them.

• Upvote 1

More I think about this the more I think it's a blessing in disguise. Maybe it's just because I don't rate Sterling all that highly, certainly not enough to turn down 40 or 50 million for him. In any case, his actions have made it impossible for him to stay here, imo - a big club doesn't let anyone take the piss like him and Ward have.

I don't know if Marcovic will come good, or if Lallana will be better, or if Ibe continues to thrive, but between them, Coutinho, and Henderson - whom we paying 100 grand a week for something, I hope, we should be ok in midfield.

The club have cancelled tomorrow's talks after comments attributed to Evening Standard.

LFC finally acquire a backbone. 

Code for, if he won't sign for 900k a week there is nothing to discuss right?.

Buying clubs are being contacted pronto instead or Ayre is playing naked twister.

It's what the agent wants, if it all goes wrong Sterling might have a bit of extra time to work on his golf swing like Tevez.

• Upvote 1

well the good news is berahino wont be signing for us as he has the same agent .....piss him  off  and put a 50m tag on sterling for clubs abroad and a 70m of those in the uk dont let  his fckin agent dictate where he is sold !!! 

Code for, if he won't sign for 900k a week there is nothing to discuss right?.

Buying clubs are being contacted pronto instead or Ayre is playing naked twister.

It's what the agent wants, if it all goes wrong Sterling might have a bit of extra time to work on his golf swing like Tevez.

knew you were code

• Upvote 2