You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Let's hope Sterling and Rodgers are reading it as well.  They've got a bit of free time.  One will be at the hairdressers getting crop circles put in, the other will be at the tanning booth.  

It's no wonder Raheem wants a bigger contract if he's frittering away his money in tanning booths.

• Upvote 2

This is spot on for me. Inexperienced owners, inexperienced manager, inexperienced coach's, inexperienced players. It's the perfect fucking storm for bang averageness which is where we've found ourselves.

Anyway, what annoys me about this whole Sterling saga is that he clearly rates himself as being wanted by the 'big' clubs. I find it staggering how he can honestly believe he's worth 150k a week. He can't finish, can't cross, can't pass well, can't head the ball and has no left peg. If we get between 40 and 50 mill for him AND invest it well it'll be good business.

Fingers crossed he joins Citeh and does his ACL in training.

He is wanted by the big clubs, hence all this bollocks.

Comolli signed the players, now the transfer committee signs the players, now you can't blame Sterling because FSG are like G&H. Seems like everyone at Liverpool gets the blame as long as they're not the two groups of people who most impact a club's success - i.e the manager and the players.

Bollocks.

Managers sign players, the signings under Dalglish had all his hallmarks. For Downing and Carroll you might as well have said Ripley and Sutton. No way in a month of Sundays would someone versed in European football like Comolli have signed the walking aneurism that is Charlie Adam.

Rodgers would be quick enough to take credit if his signings had been boss this summer, so he carries the can if they don't.

FSG, for all their bullshit, are doing everything we asked for under G&H.

"Don't want a sugar daddy, just want the club to live within its means, why aren't we commercially savvy like the mancs?"

We got what we wished for. The yanks have plowed nearly a quarter of a billion in (yeah yeah, net spend and all that bollocks) and all of it except for the 20-odd mil on Suarez has been jizzed away to varying degrees.

There are two issues here: our recent managers couldn't spot a player if it was sat next to a monoco widow wearing a Panama hat, and Sterling is an absolute twat. It really is that simple.

• Upvote 1

We are more commercially savvy in terms of getting sponsored by donut companies etc but the club could be a lot more commercially successful by actually winning things. If we did that I reckon we could get a better donut deal. 

FSG are to blame for hiring Rodgers in the first place and (assuming they don't give him the bullet this summer) for not holding him to account for pissing close to £200m down the toilet. 

Comolli signed the players, now the transfer committee signs the players, now you can't blame Sterling because FSG are like G&H. Seems like everyone at Liverpool gets the blame as long as they're not the two groups of people who most impact a club's success - i.e the manager and the players.

Bollocks.

Managers sign players, the signings under Dalglish had all his hallmarks. For Downing and Carroll you might as well have said Ripley and Sutton. No way in a month of Sundays would someone versed in European football like Comolli have signed the walking aneurism that is Charlie Adam.

Rodgers would be quick enough to take credit if his signings had been boss this summer, so he carries the can if they don't.

"Don't want a sugar daddy, just want the club to live within its means, why aren't we commercially savvy like the mancs?"

We got what we wished for. The yanks have plowed nearly a quarter of a billion in (yeah yeah, net spend and all that bollocks) and all of it except for the 20-odd mil on Suarez has been jizzed away to varying degrees.

There are two issues here: our recent managers couldn't spot a player if it was sat next to a monoco widow wearing a Panama hat, and Sterling is an absolute twat. It really is that simple.

No it's not.

And things in football have changed further since FSG took over. What seemed right for us then isn't necessarily right for us now.

I don't expect them to stump up money they don't have, I do expect them, while they're here, to behave in a manner befitting LFC and recognise they aren't appropriate owners for a club of our stature in the current climate and move on if an appropriate owner becomes available, recognise their limitations and sell us at a fair price.

ps, net spend is not bollocks, it wasn't then and it isn't now.

• Upvote 1

No it's not.

And things in football have changed further since FSG took over. What seemed right for us then isn't necessarily right for us now.

I don't expect them to stump up money they don't have, I do expect them, while they're here, to behave in a manner befitting LFC and recognise they aren't appropriate owners for a club of our stature in the current climate and move on if an appropriate owner becomes available, recognise their limitations and sell us at a fair price.

ps, net spend is not bollocks, it wasn't then and it isn't now.

People are only moaning because we're shit. If Rodgers hadn't spent all our money on half the Southampton side, FSG wouldn't have been brought into the discussion at all.

There's no blame on the club for this imo, even if Sterling was in this situation at a club like Spurs or Everton the best thing for his career would be to stay put as he's getting regular games.

As much as Id like Rodgers to come out and say the kid is being a cunt and won't play for us again that's what Raheem and his agent want, notice how they have released this story with a game to go and knowing Rodgers will have to face the press.

Sticking with the line he's going nowhere makes sense for our negotiation stance but when the seasons over get the cunt out and then Rodgers can give his true opinion.

• Upvote 2

Selling him is a win win. He'll end up on the bench with his career in a downward spiral, we'll get 40-50m and can go out and buy a world class player right now. Plus it dissuades other would be academy graduates from thinking they can bend the club over a barrel when it comes to contract negotiations.

• Upvote 4

People are only moaning because we're shit. If Rodgers hadn't spent all our money on half the Southampton side, FSG wouldn't have been brought into the discussion at all.

True. Then you remember who appointed him and a committee. Appoint a no mark and surround with idiots. Get flight back to boston. Genius.

Woulda gotten away with it too if it wasnt for the pesky other teams.

Selling him is a win win. He'll end up on the bench with his career in a downward spiral, we'll get 40-50m and can go out and buy a world class player right now. Plus it dissuades other would be academy graduates from thinking they can bend the club over a barrel when it comes to contract negotiations.

While that's not an impossibility I think there's a bit of wishful thinking going on there.

While that's not an impossibility I think there's a bit of wishful thinking going on there.

Replacing Sterlings contribution this season is not a big ask, we should be able to get someone who can match his numbers for a lot less then what we will get and if we use the whole fee on one player (I doubt it) we should be able to get someone who will better his numbers.

Selling him is a win win. He'll end up on the bench with his career in a downward spiral, we'll get 40-50m and can go out and buy a world class player right now. Plus it dissuades other would be academy graduates from thinking they can bend the club over a barrel when it comes to contract negotiations.

You mean like we were able to invest our transfer in-comings on a World Class player last season?

If world class talent didn't want to come and play in the Champions League this season they sure as hell are not going to come and play in the Europa League next season.

Selling him is a win for his agent, a lose for us and the the jury would be firmly out on what that would mean for Raheem.

He's worth whatever someone is willing to pay him.

We have unambitious owners, hence Rodgers, hence trying to sign and keep players on the cheap. In all this Sterling (and Henderson before him) contract mess, let's not forget the number of new players we've missed out on signing under this regime, always a similar theme, low ball transfer fee or wage offer.

That.

Moaning, perhaps not as no one likes to be seen as a moaner when things are going well. But if things were going well and we were still having this trouble with players contracts then I've no doubt people would be asking questions about those at the top of the club, FSG included. A bit like last summer when things were rosy but Suarez was on his way out, plenty of people were still questioning how that situation was handled by the club.

• Upvote 2

He's worth whatever someone is willing to pay him.

We have unambitious owners, hence Rodgers, hence trying to sign and keep players on the cheap. In all this Sterling (and Henderson before him) contract mess, let's not forget the number of new players we've missed out on signing under this regime, always a similar theme, low ball transfer fee or wage offer.

That.

Bollocks.

Respectfully disagree.

You mean like we were able to invest our transfer in-comings on a World Class player last season?

If world class talent didn't want to come and play in the Champions League this season they sure as hell are not going to come and play in the Europa League next season.

Selling him is a win for his agent, a lose for us and the the jury would be firmly out on what that would mean for Raheem.

Obviously i mean binning Rodgers and getting someone like Klopp / Ancelotti in first, i wouldn't trust Rodgers to sign one good player if he had £100m to spend. A well respected manager can bring a better class of player and lets face it i'd prefer even relatively average players like Bolasie or Benteke over Sterling right now. He really offers us very little and he's an absolute twat to boot.