You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Why is he coming across as a tit?

Aren't most people on here sceptical about the manager and ambition of the club? That's pretty much all he's expressing.

Same as he did when we pinched him off qpr. Par.

Oh, might be an issue for ibe since he outgrew wycombe. Maybe we need new contract negotiators cos keeping and buying top players seems beyond them.

In all honesty I can't blame Sterling for wanting to move on. If you look at the way the club have handled Suarez, SG high profile players it doesn't give any player the confidence to stick around.

The owners have there way of doing things obviously Sterling wants a bigger piece of the pie. We move him on just hope the funds are not wasted same as the Suarez money was. To keep high profile players you must bring in players of similar statute. Thats not our owners policy and we will continue to loose are top players to the money clubs.

No shock here, Its been going on for quite some time. 

As much of a twat as his agent no doubt is, this whole issue has its roots in the lack of footballing know-how coursing through the club management from top to bottom. As much as we try to hide it, we reek of inexperience when it comes to dealing with footballing matters and it shows in the lack of pulling power we have for the calibre of players that we need, out inability to keep our better players and our seeming reluctance to resolve the issue. It all presents a picture that the grass is greener elsewhere if any player wants to realise his footballing ambitions, and even the unscrupulous agents (are there really any scrupulous ones out there?) can smell it a mile off. 

• Upvote 4

Let the little black so-and-so rot in the reserves for the next two seasons. 

Yes, yes, before it's brought up by someone else, I got temp-banned years ago for using the wrong spelling of the n-word which was meant in a different context, and when I was drunk.

It does not mean I'm resigned to sitting idly by now though as people make cunt posts like this, without being able to say anything. That's fucking out of order Hades.

Stuart Pearson wouldn't allow him leave.

He'd make a great enforcer, sorting out disputes, the conversations would be real mindfucks.

Sterling: I want to leave.

Pearson: Are you a boa constrictor?

Sterling: I don't have faith in the direction of the club or the manager.

Pearson: Can you coil your body to crush a man to death?

Sterling: I just... what?

Pearson: Can you unhinge your jaw to swallow your prey? 

Sterling: ....

Pearson: Well I can!

• Upvote 3

Yes, yes, before it's brought up by someone else, I got temp-banned years ago for using the wrong spelling of the n-word which was meant in a different context, and when I was drunk.

It does not mean I'm resigned to sitting idly by now though as people make cunt posts like this, without being able to say anything. That's fucking out of order Hades.

And which context do you think is in play here?

And which context do you think is in play here?

I don't know, what could be in place of so-and-so that puts that comment in a decent context? I'm not after dragging it out, I just wasn't happy with not saying anything because it wound me up.

I don't know, what could be in place of so-and-so that puts that comment in a decent context? I'm not after dragging it out, I just wasn't happy with not saying anything because it wound me up.

Perhaps it would be best to understand the context of a post before declaring it out of order. I'm not saying you couldn't find it out of order after doing so, but just do so first.

He'd make a great enforcer, sorting out disputes, the conversations would be real mindfucks.

Haha, that stare and some obtuse questions about animal behaviour would sort Sterling right out. If Sterling had a change of heart, Pearson might even let him out of the laundry basket after a few days.

Perhaps it would be best to understand the context of a post before declaring it out of order. I'm not saying you couldn't find it out of order after doing so, but just do so first.

Fair enough. I think that post is out of order, and is a cunt post. I could be wrong. I'm not saying Hades is a cunt, but that to me is a cunt of a post. Maybe I got the context wrong, along with various other people who didn't like it.

The conversations with Nigel Pearson would as well.

Pearson: I think you're an ostrich. Your head must be in the sand. Is your head in the sand? Are you flexible enough to get your head in the sand? My suspicion would be no.

Sterling: Probably not.

Pearson: I'm sorry son, you are daft.

• Upvote 1

Fair enough. I think that post is out of order, and is a cunt post. I could be wrong. I'm not saying Hades is a cunt, but that to me is a cunt of a post. Maybe I got the context wrong, along with various other people who didn't like it.

I think several other people, not all mind, understood that Hades wasn't being remotely racist, rather accusing some other people of being racist. Which, as I said, you're still more than welcome to believe is a cunt post.

I'm past caring whether Sterling leaves, and have little care for who we replace him with. Let's face it if we sign someone who goes on to be great for us we'll just sell him, as we will Ibe and Coutinho.

People should face facts, we are a selling club and could argue we have been for a number of years. And now that we'll sell one of the best 20 year olds in world football, however badly he may have handled the situation the club has handled it worse, our status is confirmed.

We will be a selling club at least until we no longer have American owners (they're all the same), and I hate to say it but if we want to complete over the long term we need proper money.

As much of a twat as his agent no doubt is, this whole issue has its roots in the lack of footballing know-how coursing through the club management from top to bottom. As much as we try to hide it, we reek of inexperience when it comes to dealing with footballing matters and it shows in the lack of pulling power we have for the calibre of players that we need, out inability to keep our better players and our seeming reluctance to resolve the issue. It all presents a picture that the grass is greener elsewhere if any player wants to realise his footballing ambitions, and even the unscrupulous agents (are there really any scrupulous ones out there?) can smell it a mile off.

This is spot on for me. Inexperienced owners, inexperienced manager, inexperienced coach's, inexperienced players. It's the perfect fucking storm for bang averageness which is where we've found ourselves.

Anyway, what annoys me about this whole Sterling saga is that he clearly rates himself as being wanted by the 'big' clubs. I find it staggering how he can honestly believe he's worth 150k a week. He can't finish, can't cross, can't pass well, can't head the ball and has no left peg. If we get between 40 and 50 mill for him AND invest it well it'll be good business.

Fingers crossed he joins Citeh and does his ACL in training.

• Upvote 1

I think several other people, not all mind, understood that Hades wasn't being remotely racist, rather accusing some other people of being racist. Which, as I said, you're still more than welcome to believe is a cunt post.

OK, that's fine if so, and apologies to Hades if that's the case. I still think it's fucking silly though because it's so easily read out of context and it's winding people up.

But I guess I was also fucking silly years back when I got temp-banned, so there you go.

This is spot on for me. Inexperienced owners, inexperienced manager, inexperienced coach's, inexperienced players. It's the perfect fucking storm for bang averageness which is where we've found ourselves.

Anyway, what annoys me about this whole Sterling saga is that he clearly rates himself as being wanted by the 'big' clubs. I find it staggering how he can honestly believe he's worth 150k a week. He can't finish, can't cross, can't pass well, can't head the ball and has no left peg. If we get between 40 and 50 mill for him AND invest it well it'll be good business.

Fingers crossed he joins Citeh and does his ACL in training.

He's worth whatever someone is willing to pay him.

We have unambitious owners, hence Rodgers, hence trying to sign and keep players on the cheap. In all this Sterling (and Henderson before him) contract mess, let's not forget the number of new players we've missed out on signing under this regime, always a similar theme, low ball transfer fee or wage offer.