You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

They were saying on the Guardian podcast that Sterling's camp were blaming his poor form on a lack of individual coaching from Pellegrini, which he was getting from Rodgers and is getting now from Guardiola. Apparently Manuel just left him to get on with it and the poor lad didn't like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd rather have Mane. More threat and end product.

Sterling is a decent player as it stands, but he still has to find another level or two to fulfil his price tag and promise. I've not seen him at the level he showed with Suarez and Sturridge and against that high watermark he's gone backwards, almost as though the acrimonious departure and price tag has weighed him down. I would imagine Guardiola will get him firing again, but hopefully not.

I don't think Sterling will keep his place unless he ups his game. For a manager obsessed with keeping the ball Sterling running down blind alleys and wasting possession just wont be good enough. He is not a good finisher . creates little for others so his goal return just won't compensate, 

He tends to look at the ball more than what's happening around him. For that reason, he will struggle to match the players around him as he can't see them with the ball at his feet.

• 2 weeks later...