You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Unfortunately I can see the little turd doing well there. Aguero and others will be around drawing players off him, allowing him the space to use his speed, exactly the way Suarez and Sturridge did the previous season.

That being said, the eight goals he'll score per season won't be worth the money they paid for him.

Unfortunately I can see the little turd doing well there. Aguero and others will be around drawing players off him, allowing him the space to use his speed, exactly the way Suarez and Sturridge did the previous season.

That being said, the eight goals he'll score per season won't be worth the money they paid for him.

Dunno. Suarez was constantly mentoring him during games, telling when and where to go, when to send him and stuff. Are aguero and co going to invest that effort in him now he's a s 'big' a signing as them? Time will tell.

If pelligrini is replaced by pep in a couple of years and pep doesnt fancy him, now that would be funny.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Dunno. Suarez was constantly mentoring him during games, telling when and where to go, when to send him and stuff. Are aguero and co going to invest that effort in him now he's a s 'big' a signing as them? Time will tell.

If pelligrini is replaced by pep in a couple of years and pep doesnt fancy him, now that would be funny.

who do you consider your biggest mentor Raheem?

article-0-1F682AE800000578-991_634x620.j

I think you are under quoting there. He has gone for huge money and this has been driven by his agent - this is cash in time and i dont think the city fans can quite believe it . Ten mil a year has been put out there and i dont think there is any chance he would leave for 20k more than we were offering - this move was for money and that is as clear as day.

City have been rubbish in europe and struggled in the league, there is no guarantee of trophies at city. I expect the boss to get the sack this year too.

If this was about trophies he would have gone to Chelsea.

It's not all his agent, he's the one telling the agent what to do on his behalf.

There would have been enough sensible influences at Liverpool to talk him round IF he wanted to be talked round, regardless of his agent.

His agent might be a prick, but he was a prick with Sterling's blessing. Not once did Sterling choose to ditch his agent despite most of the world telling him he probably should. That, to me, says he was fine with it all.

Chelsea didn't come in for him. He can't go where he's not wanted.

I don't mind if he's in it for the money. If he plays well, nobody cares. If he's crap, then he'll be moved on, and we lose a pile of money. There's nothing new under the sun.

We conned Chelsea out of 50m once, they weren't going to be silly enough to fall for that again.

I think it's a bit of a myth that we've nurtured or protected him.

This season was a key one for him, as everyone knew that without Suarez he wouldn't have as much space. We spent a fortune and still failed to bring in - or play -  mobile strikers for him to work behind, he was shunted up top into the limelight, bringing extra pressure and highlighting why a 20 year old AM isn't the complete article as a CF, and then the manager publicly spoke about his reluctance to sign a new contract, leading to a procession of ex pros chipping in on him in the papers every week.

We really made it easy for Ward to help unsettle him. People will make out that this was all about money, I'm sure it played a part, but we signed a young ambitious 15 year old because we threw money at him and convinced him we had big plans for success. After last summer, and last season, can anyone blame him for thinking he can get better of both elsewhere?

City don't mind playing two strikers, and he'll have the best CF in the league ahead of him and will probably never have to play out of position. All whilst getting minted. As for the extra pressure, well he's already played up top for us as our season hung by a string, when every sitter was greeted with howls, so playing AM again will hardly be any worse.

He's a shitcunt with terrible hair, but I also think he's an excellent young prospect that we badly mishandled.

I think that depends on who exactly you mean by "we".

If you had sat the Liverpool hierarchy in a room back in October and told them that:

1) They could get £49m for Sterling

2) They wouldn't have to pay him £5m-a-year contract

3) They could sell him to an immediate domestic rival

4) They could accomplish all the above and do so without any criticism, in fact be hailed as heroes

They would have absolutely jumped at the chance. This has turned out exactly as hoped; it's probably going to be a model going forward and we'll try to apply it to Coutinho next summer and Ibe the summer after that.

• Upvote 2

Sterling

Footballer's young daughter subject of abuse

By PA, Jul 14th 2015 05:57 AM

Updated: Jul 14th 2015 06:01 AM

SharesFacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestEmail

Footballer Raheem Sterling

Police are investigating a series of offensive comments made on Twitter directed at sought-after Liverpool and England forward Raheem Sterling.

The 20-year-old is at the centre of one of the summer's longest running transfer sagas, with a record-breaking deal believed to have been struck between Liverpool and suitors Manchester City.

The move, thought to be worth up to £49 million, has prompted anger from some football supporters.

Merseyside Police are now investigating the content of some messages, which included threats to Sterling's young daughter as well as racist comments.

A police spokesman said: "We are taking the incident extremely seriously and an investigation by detectives in Liverpool CID is on-going."

Many of the tweets have since been deleted, although fellow users alerted police by taking screen grabs of the offensive material.

Sterling

Footballer's young daughter subject of abuse

By PA, Jul 14th 2015 05:57 AM

Updated: Jul 14th 2015 06:01 AM

SharesFacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestEmail

Footballer Raheem Sterling

Police are investigating a series of offensive comments made on Twitter directed at sought-after Liverpool and England forward Raheem Sterling.

The 20-year-old is at the centre of one of the summer's longest running transfer sagas, with a record-breaking deal believed to have been struck between Liverpool and suitors Manchester City.

The move, thought to be worth up to £49 million, has prompted anger from some football supporters.

Merseyside Police are now investigating the content of some messages, which included threats to Sterling's young daughter as well as racist comments.

A police spokesman said: "We are taking the incident extremely seriously and an investigation by detectives in Liverpool CID is on-going."

Many of the tweets have since been deleted, although fellow users alerted police by taking screen grabs of the offensive material.

Top use of Police resources then

I don't mind if he's in it for the money. If he plays well, nobody cares. If he's crap, then he'll be moved on, and we lose a pile of money. There's nothing new under the sun.

Easy come easy go eh?

Sorry mate but that attitude in modern football fans and your fucking club make me spew. The epitome of one of what's wrong with the modern game. City and Sterling deserve each other. I hope the snotty little shite is a massive flop.

• Upvote 1

Easy come easy go eh?

Sorry mate but that attitude in modern football fans and your fucking club make me spew. The epitome of one of what's wrong with the modern game. City and Sterling deserve each other. I hope the snotty little shite is a massive flop.

It's got nothing to do with attitude and I'm not calling the shots at any club. It's a statement of fact though - this is what happens, and always has happened. Expensive buys have always happened, as has the fact that some of them end up as flops and moved on for a fraction of their original fee.

If you've been watching football for 50 years you'll know this. 

Andy Carroll ring any bells? or Aquilani or Keane? - didn't work out,  shipped out. Happens everywhere, don't kid yourself otherwise. They're just called bad buys, money lost and that's that.

You could draw up a long list of big transfer flops over the last 50 years.

• Upvote 1

Top use of Police resources then

I think the cunt needs catching and stopping. Doubtless it'll be some oik who thinks it's a bit of fun. Might be a Liverpool fan, might be a rival, might be just some prick seeking attention with little interest in football, but it needs stopping.

I'd rather they went after Twatter though, for helping to protect people like this.

I think the cunt needs catching and stopping. Doubtless it'll be some oik who thinks it's a bit of fun. Might be a Liverpool fan, might be a rival, might be just some prick seeking attention with little interest in football, but it needs stopping.

I'd rather they went after Twatter though, for helping to protect people like this.

It's fucking nonsense, someone says something on the Internet, who gives a fuck. There are countless better things they could be doing rather then hunting down some nugget on the Internet for talking shite.

It's fucking nonsense, someone says something on the Internet, who gives a fuck. There are countless better things they could be doing rather then hunting down some nugget on the Internet for talking shite.

Aye, but when there's some other 7/7 and the police say 'we just thought he was a nugget talking about blowing up London so didn't bother' - you'll be of the same view?

It's not the police at fault on this one, it's the nugget typing it. He (or she) is the one pissing away tax payer's money. Police can't win on this one. 

Social media has simply given these cunts a visible platform to air their abuse and demonstrate their fuckwittery. Whatever we might thing of Sterling and his agent's actions to force a move, there is no justification for this sort of abuse and threats to his family. It's a bunch of idiots who happen to also be Liverpool fans or just trolls pretending to support Liverpool. Either way, what defines them is their idiocy and not their supposed affinity to LFC.

• Upvote 2

Either way you look at it, threatening young kids and being racist ever is pathetic, small-minded and cowardly. Yeah, you could argue that a few words posted on the internet are unimportant in the grand scheme, but if they stop censoring these sites it'll be even more of a free for all than it is now, with more and more instances beig backed up and acted upon.

For the record, I am completely neutral toward Sterling. I don't care he's leaving, I don't wish him all the best, but I dont wish failure on him either. We've managed to earn a massive fee on the back of all his and his agents antics and chances are his career will go one of two ways - Rocket to superstardom a la Ronaldo, Aguero, Messi, Suarez et al, or he will go the SWP, Scott Sinclair, Jack Rodwell route and end up as unrealised potential.

I think he will be immense and if given the needed game time at City could develop into a top player.

Couldn't give a fuck either way though.

Agreed that whowever has done it is a twat and should be charged, racial abuse is a crime, threats are a crime, so no problem with it, what does annoy me is the way it's described as 'Liverpool fans'. So if an Englishman doles shit out to Bill Cosby on Twitter I am therefore guilty by association too? 'English people abuse Bill Cosby on social media'.

It's not 'Liverpool fans', it's some wanker who managed to string 140 characters of shite together.

• Upvote 2