You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

"The best young player for a generation..." ? My arse, he is a fucking fraud and he'll be exposed at City and outed big style as a right daft cunt.

He's fucking rubbish and by Christmas the City fans will be telling him so.

Honestly over the moon about this transfer, I honestly reckon we've fucking fleeced them and they've paid at least £40m more than the daft cunt is worth.

Sterling runs fast. That's it. How much for Linford Christie ? Sterling couldn't trap a bag of cement, his shooting is risable, his passing crap, his decision making is severely flawed cos he is thick beyond belief.

Just wish we'd have sold the spacker to Man United instead.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

All the papers reporting 45m, what is 5m to City? We should just tell them 'he's all yours 50m end of'

I honestly don't think he is a big loss, we can buy better than him for a lot less than we are getting

Some people going on as if we're losing John Barnes.

We aren't, Sterling is far more akin to Mark fucking Walters.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I honestly don't think he is a big loss, we can buy better than him for a lot less than we are getting

When is the last time we did this?

I genuinely believe people are setting themselves up for a big fall here. We haven't improved much at all over the summer, to be saying things like this based on the evidence we have is crazy.

• Upvote 1

Guest Super Sub

Why do city want him so bad? He's a decent player ... But £45m!

We need to take the price for him now!

45 million is great but it's going on Benteke.

Why do city want him so bad? He's a decent player ... But £45m!

We need to take the price for him now!

They are under the home grown quota rule for the PL. Im not sure what the sanctions are for this but its part of the reason. I guess they see him as something big for the future to a lesser degree.

When is the last time we did this?

I genuinely believe people are setting themselves up for a big fall here. We haven't improved much at all over the summer, to be saying things like this based on the evidence we have is crazy.

I know, just hoping that we finally do it right, we can get a good goalscorer and a midfield destroyer with this money - or this money and what we can get for some of the shite we have that needs shifting

• Upvote 1

If it is 45m there better be 5m in add ons guarenteed, no sense in giving in to them now with weeks left in the window and it will not help in future negotiations if we accept less then what was asked for.

Not only do city need homegrown players they need to sign a big money player to keep their fans happy, Pogba and the Belgian guy looks unlikely for them so Sterling is their main target, they'll pay up.

If it was up to me I'd reject £50m because they've pissed around so much.  

nasri all over.

Footballers driven by cash always end up like this.

City are treading water next season, with the obligatory injury to Aguero, it'll be Sterling and Silva supplying Bony, with a midfield of an ageing Toure, Fernandinho, and Fernando.

Seriously, that's decrepit.

The best way to rationalise Sterlings sale is that we paid £10m for him from QPR and now we're about to sell him for £45m.

I know, just hoping that we finally do it right, we can get a good goalscorer and a midfield destroyer with this money - or this money and what we can get for some of the shite we have that needs shifting

Hope kills.

I'm not sure how much will be left when we get Benteke in. We've got around £10m to send QPRs way and then the way some players have been badly utilised might not see much left in the coffers for any real midfield improvement.

Liverpool are in advanced talks with Manchester City over a move for Raheem Sterling who will not travel with the squad to Thailand on Sunday.

Sterling was on Saturday named in Liverpool's 30-man squad for their tour of Thailand, Australia and Malaysia, but fresh developments over a potential move to a Premier League club - which Sky sources understand is Manchester City - mean he will not board the plane.

While there is no deal in place, we understand talks are now sufficiently advanced that Liverpool have chosen to leave Sterling behind to see if a deal can be completed.

Firmino, Clyne, Ings and Benteke will cost us around 70m and we will have got about 60m back for Sterling, Asdiadi, Coates and Aspas.

A shit load in wages has been saved aswell with players leaving on a free so I don't know why people think we will have no money available after getting Benteke.

Small clubs will be getting around 20-30m as a transfer budget so surely lfc one of the top ten richest clubs in the world will have more then that, there were reports BR was getting a 60m budget around January.

The club seems to have done well convincing some fans we have already spent a lot when the reality is we haven't, there should be a big chunk available and there's no excuses for any positions not being sorted.

A not very bright kid being led by a not particularly bright agent, an aspect of a sport that now exists only as a sandwich board for multi-national companies. The notion that anybody operating down the food chain in this world would act any differently from his employers or sponsors is, unfortunately for us consumers, risible.

Regardless of the oft repeated bilge of a departing player swearing that he is leaving for 'a new challenge' and that money is 'not a factor', the idea of the sporting aspiration being a factor in any move these days is non-existent to these Corinthians of the coin. Guileless, immature and under educated they may well be, but they capture completely the national zeitgeist of greed and self serving that is prevalent amongst junior executives in major companies or amongst the lower echelon 'yardies' of inner London estates.

Quite how the word 'team' survives in a game that is performed by so many people for whom success is not defined by medals or games won but by personal wealth and acclaim is a mystery.

Ok, Sterling's like every working man who wants the best for himself and his family. Of course he is - except he isn't. The car factory worker and the guy in the call centre are not in occupations that present a product that has absolutely no guarantee of quality. satisfaction or practical application. He's selling us something that we purchase on blind faith and an inexplicable emotional impulse that makes us love it.

We love it for its faults, for the disasters and the heartaches it visits upon us, for the delusions it helps us maintain, for its habit of making us look stupid when it smashes our dreams, We also love it for the sheer exhilaration that it gives us when those dreams are realised, when an ordinary life is bound up with the extraordinary, when you actually believe in something called a soul, when someone - even a Sterling - performs that miracle of sporting perfection that lifts your heart, melts your brain and has you shouting out words that mean everything but can never be recalled. In this activity, in this belief, in this faith we supporters commit our emotions, our lives. Sterling does what he does solely for money.

We know the score. We've seen better move on. Let Sterling go in peace. 

• Upvote 5

Hope kills.

I'm not sure how much will be left when we get Benteke in. We've got around £10m to send QPRs way and then the way some players have been badly utilised might not see much left in the coffers for any real midfield improvement.

I'm as fed up and as angry as anyone over what those shithouses served up at the end of last season and how badly our manager managed last season, as you say badly utilising players, baffling tactics, bad substitutions and of course the terrible transfer business the club conducted.

But without hope we have nothing, so yeah I am hoping.

• Upvote 2

Firmino, Clyne, Ings and Benteke will cost us around 70m and we will have got about 60m back for Sterling, Asdiadi, Coates and Aspas.

A shit load in wages has been saved aswell with players leaving on a free so I don't know why people think we will have no money available after getting Benteke.

Small clubs will be getting around 20-30m as a transfer budget so surely lfc one of the top ten richest clubs in the world will have more then that, there were reports BR was getting a 60m budget around January.

The club seems to have done well convincing some fans we have already spent a lot when the reality is we haven't, there should be a big chunk available and there's no excuses for any positions not being sorted.

It's all fairly hypothetical. Terms like "budget" or "warchest" get bandied around and it never works like that. If a player's needed then funds get made available, if possible.

No one has any idea how much we've spent on agents fees or how the payments - outgoing or incoming - are structured, so it's almost impossible to tell where we supposedly are in net terms.

However, if you want to do some maths on the back of an envelope, working with the published figures, then I make it closer to an outlay of £80m (inc. Benteke) and an income of £50m (inc. Sterling), which is about the £30m outlay most would expect. It's easy to see why we may have to shift someone to spend any more, and it has nothing to do with what the club have supposedly convinced people of.

A not very bright kid being led by a not particularly bright agent, an aspect of a sport that now exists only as a sandwich board for multi-national companies. The notion that anybody operating down the food chain in this world would act any differently from his employers or sponsors is, unfortunately for us consumers, risible.

Regardless of the oft repeated bilge of a departing player swearing that he is leaving for 'a new challenge' and that money is 'not a factor', the idea of the sporting aspiration being a factor in any move these days is non-existent to these Corinthians of the coin. Guileless, immature and under educated they may well be, but they capture completely the national zeitgeist of greed and self serving that is prevalent amongst junior executives in major companies or amongst the lower echelon 'yardies' of inner London estates.

Quite how the word 'team' survives in a game that is performed by so many people for whom success is not defined by medals or games won but by personal wealth and acclaim is a mystery.

Ok, Sterling's like every working man who wants the best for himself and his family. Of course he is - except he isn't. The car factory worker and the guy in the call centre are not in occupations that present a product that has absolutely no guarantee of quality. satisfaction or practical application. He's selling us something that we purchase on blind faith and an inexplicable emotional impulse that makes us love it.

We love it for its faults, for the disasters and the heartaches it visits upon us, for the delusions it helps us maintain, for its habit of making us look stupid when it smashes our dreams, We also love it for the sheer exhilaration that it gives us when those dreams are realised, when an ordinary life is bound up with the extraordinary, when you actually believe in something called a soul, when someone - even a Sterling - performs that miracle of sporting perfection that lifts your heart, melts your brain and has you shouting out words that mean everything but can never be recalled. In this activity, in this belief, in this faith we supporters commit our emotions, our lives. Sterling does what he does solely for money.

We know the score. We've seen better move on. Let Sterling go in peace.

Brilliant!.

I'm as fed up and as angry as anyone over what those shithouses served up at the end of last season and how badly our manager managed last season, as you say badly utilising players, baffling tactics, bad substitutions and of course the terrible transfer business the club conducted.

But without hope we have nothing, so yeah I am hoping.

Come over to the cynical side, its great being a douche!