You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

The squad in full is:Mignolet, Bogdan, Fulton, Clyne, Gomez, Lovren, Moreno, Toure, Wisdom, Cleary, Skrtel, Sakho, Maguire, Allen, Henderson, Lucas, Milner, Chirivella, Rossiter, Teixeira, Ibe, Kent, Ojo, Wilson, Lallana, Markovic, Sterling, Ings, Lambert, Origi.

I think Balotelli is on compassionate leave isn't he? Not saying we aren't trying to shift him though...I thought Teixera was out with a broken leg?

balotelli has been back training after his leave and Teixera has been training this week as well.

Teixera impressed me the few times I saw him. Would be nice to see him get a real chance.

No Illori in that squad? What a spectacular farce of a transfer that was, even by our lofty standards.

He played in the Euro u21 final. He'll have been given extra time off, same as Can, Coutinho, Firmino.

• Upvote 4

balotelli has been back training after his leave and Teixera has been training this week as well.

yeah he came back 2 weeks early from compassionate leave  he wernt due back till next week  so i guess he was never in the reckoning for the tour  

been told by a few friends that since he has been back his head has been down and has done more work in training than he did the whole of last season

been told by a few friends that since he has been back his head has been down and has done more work in training than he did the whole of last season

Super. hopefully the word gets out that he can now put a shift in training and we might be able to fool some other unsuspecting team into signing him. 

Agreed on Ilori. I want to see him play. It's baffling that Toure got a new deal as Ilori should be ahead of him in the pecking order. Hopefully he forces his way in this season. I think he can play and hope he makes it here. He did well in the U-21 tournament. Bossed Harry Kane too. Gomez should go out on loan and hopefully he will take Toure's place in the squad next season.  

Agreed on Ilori. I want to see him play. It's baffling that Toure got a new deal as Ilori should be ahead of him in the pecking order. Hopefully he forces his way in this season. I think he can play and hope he makes it here. He did well in the U-21 tournament. Bossed Harry Kane too. Gomez should go out on loan and hopefully he will take Toure's place in the squad next season.

I get the impression Kolo is staying for what he offers off the pitch more then on it, I still think he's a decent player anyway and is good as fourth choice.With Illori I hope we keep him in the squad this season and give him games in the cup to see if he's ready for the step up.

On Mario part of me wants him to stay as fifth choice as I think he could do well partnering the strikers we have and may get, the other part of me remembers he couldn't get a game last season with the problems we had and if we had the same again there are some ams I think would get the nod ahead of him.

No one knows why he isn't on the tour but if it is because he's been let know he's not wanted fair enough imo, I doubt there was a scenario where he was desperate to come and the club didn't allow it, that would be particularly cold with what he's going through now.

• Downvote 1

Getting sold along with Can, Coutinho and Furman Murman.

I really hope Ilori gets a shot this season. A competent defender could be a great asset to this team.

Revised edition.

I'd really like to see him get a proper chance.  Rodgers hasn't got any daughters has he (thinking of Moyes & Zaha) ?

Does anybody know who's travelled for this evening's game in Cork? Has Rodgers even come over?

The last few years they've sent a youth team over to play two friendlies in Ireland. It's had nothing to do with the first team previously, players nor management.

I get the impression Kolo is staying for what he offers off the pitch more then on it, I still think he's a decent player anyway and is good as fourth choice.With Illori I hope we keep him in the squad this season and give him games in the cup to see if he's ready for the step up.

On Mario part of me wants him to stay as fifth choice as I think he could do well partnering the strikers we have and may get, the other part of me remembers he couldn't get a game last season with the problems we had and if we had the same again there are some ams I think would get the nod ahead of him.

No one knows why he isn't on the tour but if it is because he's been let know he's not wanted fair enough imo, I doubt there was a scenario where he was desperate to come and the club didn't allow it, that would be particularly cold with what he's going through now.

balotelli has been left because he is on bereavement leave his adopted dad died last week

balotelli has been left because he is on bereavement leave his adopted dad died last week

No, he was let off training because of his adoptive father's death. he's not on the plane to Aus along with Borini and Enrique because the club are giving a clear signal they're surplus and want to move them on.