You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Raheem Sterling has not turned up to Liverpool FC training for a second consecutive day.

The 20-year-old remains at home in Southport having reported sick.

It is believed it is club protocol that a doctor will make an assessment of a player suffering from illness having failed to attend training.

Sterling told Brendan Rodgers this week he did not wish to participate in the club's pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia.

If club medical staff establish that Sterling was in fact fit to train then he’s likely to be fined.

Time to play hardball. Tell him to hand in a transfer request or he doesn't go. Tell Man City it's 50M or we won't even talk. If Sterling doesn't cooperate keep fining him. He is under contract and is obliged to appear for the club on foreign tours etc. 

If he ends up staying (highly unlikely) then unless he plays at his peak and is definitely trying, I'd leave him in the reserves. On a point of principle I'd do it for the remaining two years of his contract. We save at least 10M in wages keeping him at his current level, and we roll the dice with a tribunal, which will surely set a record fee. Both things combined would probably see us with 25M. In comparison, sell to Man City for 50M, give 10M to QPR, and we've 'only' got 40M. And that's if they pay 50M. The last offer was around 35M, rising to 40M with add ons.

I've no doubt every ownership group in world football is hoping we do this, whilst every player is rooting for Sterling. In the end, it's a business decision, not a moral one, and this post sums it up nicely.

This is good. Fuck him. Hopefully we are setting a precedent on how to dea with these little weasels. The whole league should follow suit. Hardball him into the reserves the slimy little twat.

I wouldn't be half as bothered but the way he has handled this with his agent has been massively disrespectful to the club and the fans.

FSG need to get some obnoxious Wall Street hot shot with to handle this.

Didn't think it'd get to this point, pretty mental! I hope for all of our sakes it's resolved before the window is shut. Can't be doing with all of the bullshit that'll take place if he stays.

I don't really want to see him playing for us again either, I still think he dives too much. It was frustrating and slightly annoying seeing him do it for us, it could be infuriating watching him do that against us though if he leaves. I'd prefer not to get wound up though and just laugh at him, maybe as he gets booked for it at the same time.

Bit of a weird situation because I want City to pay the right amount so that we'll sell, but no fucking way is he worth 50mil to me. Maybe 25-30, not 50 though.

I don't think it makes us look good either, still paying him so little compared to top footballers but saying he's worth 50mil. If we'd have got him a better contract sorted not so long back we could've avoided a lot of him being such a twat.

We wanted to pay him 100K and he rejected it. That's the salary we think he's worth; not the 35K he is on. 

If we were buying him I wouldn't want to pay more than 25-30M, but since we're selling, we should get as much as we can. He's never a 50M pound player at this moment in time, but he easily could go on to be. Whoever buys him is buying a good player who could potentially be a great player, so the valuation is difficult. Since it's Man City, and since they have loads of money and FFP has been relaxed, and since they need home grown players, 50M doesn't seem altogether ridiculous, although I would imagine many of their fans would be wary of signing the player at that price, especially given all the shenanigans that have been happening around the deal. 

If it were up to me it would be very clear. We talk when you bid 50M. If you don't, fine. Sterling stays and all the fuss doesn't change that. We hold him to his contract and fine him as much as we legally can within precedents set within to game for not fulfilling his contractual obligations, such as coming to training, going on tour, etc. 

• Upvote 1

The Professional Footballers' Association has said it is prepared to mediate between Sterling and Liverpool. The PFA performed a similar role when former Reds striker Luis Suarez was the subject of a bid from Arsenal in 2013

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11733091/Liverpool-news-Raheem-Sterling-row-could-see-PFA-intervene.html

Mediate what? He puts in a transfer request or he honours his contract, should be fairly fucking obvious even to this twat and his twattier agent

• Upvote 1

The Professional Footballers' Association has said it is prepared to mediate between Sterling and Liverpool. The PFA performed a similar role when former Reds striker Luis Suarez was the subject of a bid from Arsenal in 2013

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11733091/Liverpool-news-Raheem-Sterling-row-could-see-PFA-intervene.html

Mediate what? He puts in a transfer request or he honours his contract, should be fairly fucking obvious even to this twat and his twattier agent

I think it means they'll be advising both parties what they can and cant do rather that try and smooth out any disagreement.

Its pretty obvious to me sterling has played his last competitive 1st team game for Liverpool which was probably sometime in March judging by his end of season performances. Id be more than just exceptionally surprised if he ever turned out for us again.

Its just a question of agreeing a fee or sticking him the U21's in my opinion.

Loving the stance the club is taking over this if it is true they will accept nothing below 50m and are prepared to keep him and take a loss if we don't get it.

It's important now that the club sees this through and do as they have said, even if we do lose out on some money in the Sterling deal it will help us in the long run as clubs will know we aren't fucking around when we set a valuation on a player.

Loving the stance the club is taking over this if it is true they will accept nothing below 50m and are prepared to keep him and take a loss if we don't get it.

It's important now that the club sees this through and do as they have said, even if we do lose out on some money in the Sterling deal it will help us in the long run as clubs will know we aren't fucking around when we set a valuation on a player.

This is about getting a deal lined up for a replacement and the timing of that , Until Villa or whoever it is are ready to go we can fuck City about, 

• Upvote 1