You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/raheem-sterling-liverpool-no-reason-5737594

Interesting to see that we would be entitled to compensation if he were to leave at the end of his contract, as much as 20m.

Seeing as that's the case we have him by the balls and could force him to stay another year, we should be getting 50m atleast if he is sold.

• Upvote 4

Hodgson says he's available to talk if Sterling needs but "I certainly won't be poking my nose into club business".

He says, poking his nose into club business. Changed your tune a bit there, Royston, mate. What happened to all that 'Sterling told me he's too tired to play' crap you were only too happy to discuss and leave the club to deal with? Idiot.

As for Aidy Ward, the most offensive thing about him is his sheer incompetence. I suspect the average 12 year old could handle this saga better than he's doing. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/raheem-sterling-liverpool-no-reason-5737594

Interesting to see that we would be entitled to compensation if he were to leave at the end of his contract, as much as 20m.

Seeing as that's the case we have him by the balls and could force him to stay another year, we should be getting 50m atleast if he is sold.

Made up with that if all true, no wonder we have called off the talks and hopefully shows Aidy Ward up for the gobshite he is

Here's a laugh for you just for some perspective on wages.

Manchester Evening News tonight has a piece about Inter being after Toure; City's not ours.  It explains that although the clubs are miles apart on agreeing a fee, the contract side of things is less problematic.  Inter are looking to offer him £83k a week.  That in itself isn't the interesting part - apparently that would make him their highest paid player.

I wouldn't have played him last weekend in all honesty and if he features this weekend Brendan needs binning for that alone.

If only we were four points clear of the next team, tell you what I'd do.  I'd start him and then sub the little cunt off after 5 minutes.

What an absolute fucking legend. This might have been posted already, but it can be posted for 100 consecutive posts for all I care. I love hearing Carra talk about this football club. Class, strength and passion. Fucking legend.

Whereas Aidy Ward, well, he's the fucking antithesis of Carra. Pretty much embodies all that's wrong with togger these days. Every single one of his clients I know of seem to have made bad choices and are seen as a bit of a joke or a cunt. Odemwinge driving to wherever it was to force his transfer, Berahino is considered to be an arrogant little get and now Sterling.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=KvDEI9yJEvc

• Upvote 4

Been reading some comments that people think the club should have offered sterling a new contract at the end of last season because of his form.

Sorry, cant agree with that line. So the club is supposed to dish out a new contract (£80k a week someone suggested) because sterling turned in some very good performances in the last 12 - 14 games of the season?

I dont recollect anyone thinking our performances from the start of the season to Christmas and by association sterling's, was title winning form never mind title challenging.

I dont see how the club should be expected to dish out a new contract to sterling on that basis. And, if you go down that route, shouldnt all the other players in the team have been in line for new contracts? Nope, its a ludicrous suggestion bourne on hindsight.

The good news is the club is now playing hardball and have cancelled talks with sterling and his bitch. Publically the club may be saying they want to keep him but privately, I wouldnt be surprised if they are now hoping a £40m bid comes in.

Oh, and I hope we remind united that our policy mirrors theirs in the heinze saga and we dont do business with those shites.

• Upvote 8

I wouldn't have played him last weekend in all honesty and if he features this weekend Brendan needs binning for that alone.

Fuck, must have missed him playing in that game against palace. Swear there was some imposter wearing his number on the pitch.

Really hope rodgers doesnt play him on Sunday. The little shit and his bitch need teaching a very harsh lesson.

Been reading some comments that people think the club should have offered sterling a new contract at the end of last season because of his form.

Sorry, cant agree with that line. So the club is supposed to dish out a new contract (£80k a week someone suggested) because sterling turned in some very good performances in the last 12 - 14 games of the season?

I dont recollect anyone thinking our performances from the start of the season to Christmas and by association sterling's, was title winning form never mind title challenging.

I dont see how the club should be expected to dish out a new contract to sterling on that basis. And, if you go down that route, shouldnt all the other players in the team have been in line for new contracts? Nope, its a ludicrous suggestion bourne on hindsight.

The good news is the club is now playing hardball and have cancelled talks with sterling and his bitch. Publically the club may be saying they want to keep him but privately, I wouldnt be surprised if they are now hoping a £40m bid comes in.

Oh, and I hope we remind united that our policy mirrors theirs in the heinze saga and we dont do business with those shites.

nailed it mate. Good post.
  • Upvote 1

Here's a laugh for you just for some perspective on wages.

Manchester Evening News tonight has a piece about Inter being after Toure; City's not ours.  It explains that although the clubs are miles apart on agreeing a fee, the contract side of things is less problematic.  Inter are looking to offer him £83k a week.  That in itself isn't the interesting part - apparently that would make him their highest paid player.

I dont believe that for one minute mate. Toure will want a hell of a lot more than 83k a week at Inter. Presumably they mean Inter will pay him 83k with city paying the other £120k a week?