You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

Thinking about this more...

If there was a release clause for Sterling (back to the old Suarez situation), there'd be little need for all this crap if the buying club just met that clause.

So either there isn't a clause, or it's set too high for Sterling to realistically escape - and in either case, his agent's responsible for his last contract creating that situation.

Here's what I think about that:

"Hodgson is a bang average, over-promoted PE teacher, who is incredibly lucky to be earning such a fantastic living in the game based on his modest achievements in assorted footballing backwaters. His England team came home from Brazil, bottom of the group and without a win....

... but I won't be poking my nose into England business or criticizing the England manager."

Ban.

...However, I wouldn't be opposed to him having a time of struggle ...

Hodgson is a bang average, over-promoted PE teacher, who is incredibly lucky to be earning such a fantastic living in the game based on his modest achievements ....

Has the Padre's account been hacked!

• Upvote 1

I certainly wouldn't say no to Schneiderlin either. Just wouldn't want to get two good midfielders if it meant we could then only attract a 'lesser' striker. But if we can get a top striker, plus both of the aforementioned... bring it on!

A few months ago I was saying Schneiderlin should be our number one target but after watching him since his return from injury I'd prefer someone else.

He doesn't look great on the ball or technically but that could be due to coming back from his injury, I'd take him for 15m but if Southampton want big money I'd like to think we could get someone better.

A few months ago I was saying Schneiderlin should be our number one target but after watching him since his return from injury I'd prefer someone else.

He doesn't look great on the ball or technically but that could be due to coming back from his injury, I'd take him for 15m but if Southampton want big money I'd like to think we could get someone better.

He's playing well enough to up JoseFontes price.

We have all been here before

We have all been here before

We have all been here before...

I dont blame him. We are shit and he has no affinity to the club.

He wants to win things and earn top dollar. Dont we all

It is how he is doing it that is the problem. Similarly how we deal with it will determine whether we take full advantage or end up being bummed again.

The thing about him wanting to win things doesn't jive, to win things you need to perform and he rarely does. 

Possibly he just thinks the club is beneath him and that he's better than he actually is, he's in for a shock I reckon. Can see him spending two or three years at city or chelsea then ending up at West Ham.

I dont blame him. We are shit and he has no affinity to the club.

He wants to win things and earn top dollar. Dont we all

I

Sorry mate what his agent has done slagging off the club and calling Carra a cunt is bang out of order given the little toe rag still has two years to run on his contract. Fair enough if it was about to expire and he didn't want to re sign for club .

I

Sorry mate what his agent has done slagging off the club and calling Carra a cunt is bang out of order given the little toe rag still has two years to run on his contract. Fair enough if it was about to expire and he didn't want to re sign for club .

I agree mate but when you're dealing in millions shit happens.

Money does that to people. You would probably do worse than call someone a knob for 10 mill a year. Football is shit these days.

Liverpool have cancelled Friday's planned meeting with forward Raheem Sterling over comments attributed to the player's agent.

Beeb.

glengarry.jpg

You stupid fucking cunt. You, Ward… I’m talking to you, shithead… You just cost me a moderately talented but promising winger. And one Cadillac. That’s right. What are you going to do about it? What are you going to do about it, asshole. You fucking shit. Where did you learn your trade? You stupid fucking cunt. You idiot. Whoever told you you could work with men? I’m going to have your job, shithead. I don’t care whose nephew you are, who you know, whose dick you’re sucking on. You’re going out, I swear to you, you’re going…Anyone at this club lives on their wits… What you’re hired for is to help stupid players understand mildly complex shit - does that seem clear to you? To help them. Not to fuck them up… to help men who are going out there to try to earn a living. You fairy. You company man…You want to learn the first rule you’d know if you ever spent a day in your life… you never open your mouth till you know what the shot is. (pause) You fucking child.

• Upvote 4