You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Official Raheem Sterling Thread (Part 412)

bouncebrigade

We just have to accept that we're not as big a draw as we once were.

It's happened to Inter, AC Milan etc, so we're not immune to it.

You're quite right, but not being a big draw hasn't held back sides like Southampton from getting better every year despite players being poached.

Go back 12 years and Juventus were in Serie B.

It's actually good he's leaving. He's exposing FSG for the bullshitters they are.

They sold us on 'the best young talent' model and asked for patience for young players to develop and for plans to reach fruition, and now that they actually have in their possession a player who won Europe's 'golden boy' award, they balk at paying him good money at a time when he had actually earned it.

Now you have the twat running around shooting his mouth off and making us look like a bunch of cunts. If you knew he was dead set on leaving, give him his wish and makt the twat sign a gagging order so he doesn't do exactly what he's doing now.

Who the fuck is running the club. Who is the head honcho who deals with this shit? Whoever that person is they need fucking off asap.

Also, side rant: I'm so glad to hear that Michele Twattini has showed FFP to be the complete car tire full of shit that it really is and 'eased' the restrictions. Now at least we may see FSG sell up to someone who is actually prepared to do what's needed to get us popping again. Right now it's like watching a Ferrari being driven by an old man who gears down in the fucking corners.

Drive the car or fuckoff you huge douches, and FFS take Ayre with you.

We're more like 'The star in a reasonably priced car.'

Tony B is up Sterlings arse and I've noticed he's been backing him up ever since Raheem followed him on twitter.

Behave yourself.

He's the best Liverpool journalist out there bar none. And he's not afraid to pull the managers up on their bullshit.

Ask Hodgson.

• Upvote 5

It's actually good he's leaving. He's exposing FSG for the bullshitters they are.

They sold us on 'the best young talent'  model and asked for patience for young players to develop and for plans to reach fruition, and now that they actually have in their possession a player who won Europe's 'golden boy' award, they balk at paying him good money at a time when he had actually earned it.

Now you have the twat running around shooting his mouth off and making us look like a bunch of cunts. If you knew he was dead set on leaving, give him his wish and makt the twat sign a gagging order so he doesn't do exactly what he's doing now.

Who the fuck is running the club. Who is the head honcho who deals with this shit? Whoever that person is they need fucking off asap. 

Also, side rant: I'm so glad to hear that Michele Twattini has showed FFP to be the complete car tire full of shit that it really is and 'eased' the restrictions. Now at least we may see FSG sell up to someone who is actually prepared to do what's needed to get us popping again. Right now it's like watching a Ferrari being driven by an old man who gears down in the fucking corners.

Drive the car or fuckoff you huge douches, and FFS take Ayre with you. 

They aren't even doing that now the policy of buying the best youngsters at an early age was abandoned when Borrell & Mcparland were sacked.

They've gone back to the way which served us so well between 1998 and until Rafa finally dragged the academy kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Sterling

Ibe

Sinclair

Ojo

All signed young so we could develop them, all next in line for the first team.

If Sterling is sold it would have been paid for singlehandedly.

But Rodgers and the committee think that the way that failed for 12 years is the way forward, fucking beauts.

• Upvote 2

Did he contribute?

Is he evidence than Ancelotti makes shit signings?

I obviously wasn't arguing that he was still the best player in the world that he was 3/4 years previously, but responding to the utter loon trying to talk down the managerial ability of a man that has won three European cups.

I think the only thing we have proven regarding Ancelotti is irrespective of who he manages he tends to have very little to do with signing players.

• Upvote 1

The highlight of our season next year will be when Sterling comes back with his new side, Arsenal or city, and our new midfield general, some third rate slogger from Bury or some shit, clatters him to huge cheers, shortly before we get mullered. 

• Upvote 1

I agree with Barrett.

It says a lot, though, when views like this are coming from people like him - not prone to hyperbole, broadly supportive and from within the establishment.

He's hit the nail on the head. It's the nature of the best, footabll. We're still pursuing the traditional route to exellence which has been rendered outmoded by the endless money pouring into clubs these days. If FSG cannot compete with the elite, they should sell us, assuming we're good enough to attract billionare owners.

Behave yourself.

He's the best Liverpool journalist out there bar none. And he's not afraid to pull the managers up on their bullshit.

Ask Hodgson.

He's ok and I generally agree with him but he does seem to just go along with the majority, I've never really rated James Pearce but fair play to him the last few weeks he's come out and gave his opinion despite being attacked by the Rodgers out people, he's gone up in my estimations.
  • Downvote 1

Liverpool star Raheem Sterling has lifted the lid on life at Anfield – and says his ambition is to have his own song from the Kop.

- Liverpool Echo 13 April 2015

Don't worry lad, you're gonna get one!!.......

Oh Raheem  raheem

you were living the dream, the dream

but you run like a queen, a queen

so bye bye raheem

sung to cay sera

or

Oh sterling

you are such a fool

we thought that we loved you

then you became a tool

you thought there would never be another

to play the way you do

but reality is simple

you are but a tool

sung to oh Carol

or

money money money

he just wants money

that is raheems world

sung to money money money

or

Oi Raheem, fuck off you money grabbing overated cunt

sung loud and on repeat.

This exact scenario will play out again in 2 years with Coutinho, then a year after that with Ibe.

We will blame their treacherous agents, the inherent evilness of the player and probably foreign chairmen/bad guys.

We won't blame the club's lack of ambition, or see this as a clearly established pattern which exposes us as the feeder club we have become.

Feeder club?

That'd be a club whose business plan is to buy cheap young players, develop them, then sell them on for a big profit.  Y'know, just the way FSG have done with.... well, nobody (yet) but I'm sure the point still stands.

Oh Raheem  raheem

so bye bye raheem

sung to cay sera

or

Oh sterling

you are such a fool

then you became a tool

to play the way you do

but reality is simple

you are but a tool

sung to oh Carol

or

money money money

he just wants money

that is raheems world

or

sung loud and on repeat.

Thank you for your entries, Mr Keates. We still have a couple more people to interview but we hope to get back to you by close of play tomorrow.

Oh Raheem  raheem

so bye bye raheem

sung to cay sera

or

Oh sterling

you are such a fool

then you became a tool

to play the way you do

but reality is simple

you are but a tool

sung to oh Carol

or

money money money

he just wants money

that is raheems world

or

sung loud and on repeat.

Are you Ringo?

The saddest thing for me is that I don't actually care that he's leaving. I couldn't give a fuck. Once Stevie goes, there will literally be 0 people in that squad I actually give a fuck about, bar Skrtel, but wouldn't actually be that arsed if he went as I like him anyway and would support him wherever he went.

It used to feel similar to seeing your ex with another lad when someone left for a different team, and I know that sounds dramatic, but it did. I don't know what it is, me getting older and having more important shit to worry about, or that the game is just a money whirlpool with talent getting washed around and the others slipping down the drain.

Sterling is a cunt, I know he and his agent are acting like cunts, but I don't feel like I actually think he's a cunt, because when it comes down to it, I'm totally passive about him. That's one sad indictment to say about not one, but 99% of the players in the squad.

Not really sure where to go from here. Non league maybe? Search for the integrity that seems so distant from football these days.

Shite.

• Upvote 1

Ok so he is going. It wont keep me awake at night.

He is a young player with great potential but also some horrendous flaws.

He will never be one of the truly great players because he is not good enough.

Compare a Gerrard, or a Giggs at 20 against Sterling at the same age. The gap in quality is substantial.

So just flog him for as much as possible and watch him piss away his career

Jesus, maybe Hades was right after all!

I'm devastated that the footballing god that is Raheem Sterling wants to leave, how on Earth will we cope without this football genius, we're doomed.

Finest player to ever wear the number 31 jersey.