Quantcast
The GF Parenting Thread - Page 8 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Sign in to follow this  
Paul

The GF Parenting Thread

Champ is right, CT. Have a quiet word with a teacher, it might be nothing but they'll keep a closer eye on her or let you know it's nothing to worry about.

My daughter said earlier that the girl told her she got a new tablet and a Barbie doll when she got home. So it looks like they did buy her presents after all.

Still, the way it played out and the idea of not spending any time with my kids celebrating their birthdays and palming them off onto someone else doesn’t sit right with me. Who knows, maybe they’re not the complete monsters we’ve all built them up to be? Especially Champ. She’d have someone round there now examining their computer hard drives and everything if she could. 

It’s definitely strange as fuck that they didn’t give her presents before school and agreed to send her round to a virtual strangers house though. But kudos to them for buying a tablet. They can be mightily effective if you want to completely ignore a child for hours on end. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Especially Champ. She’d have someone round there now examining their computer hard drives and everything if she could. 

I have it on good authority that Cath is camped out in their back garden.

usa-texas-young-woman-looking-through-bi

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Especially Champ. She’d have someone round there now examining their computer hard drives and everything if she could. 

It’s definitely strange as fuck that they didn’t give her presents before school and agreed to send her round to a virtual strangers house though. But kudos to them for buying a tablet. They can be mightily effective if you want to completely ignore a child for hours on end. 

No, I bloody wouldn’t. I just thought it was definitely strange as fuck that they didn’t give her presents before school and agreed to send her round to a virtual strangers house though.

Anyhoo, why would I need to go round there when I know you’ll be keeping a close eye on things from now on?

• Upvote 2

Joking aside, to tell the kid she didn’t need presents because she was going to her friend’s house was a bit of a shitty thing to do to one so young.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Joking aside, to tell the kid she didn’t need presents because she was going to her friend’s house was a bit of a shitty thing to do to one so young.

To anyone...unless there are other cultural issues at play 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Six years ago when we sat the older two kids down to tell them that they were going to have a new little brother or sister, we did a “We’ve got some good news and some bad” type thing. For the bad news I said that there wasn’t enough room in the house for three kids so one of them would have to be put up for adoption. I said we’d thought long and hard about it and decided that the boy would have to go. He was almost nine at the time and he burst straight into tears. 

It sounds a lot worse written down like that than it actually was! We were all laughing 30 seconds later and it still gets brought up at family gatherings. 

37 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Six years ago when we sat the older two kids down to tell them that they were going to have a new little brother or sister, we did a “We’ve got some good news and some bad” type thing. For the bad news I said that there wasn’t enough room in the house for three kids so one of them would have to be put up for adoption. I said we’d thought long and hard about it and decided that the boy would have to go. He was almost nine at the time and he burst straight into tears. 

It sounds a lot worse written down like that than it actually was! We were all laughing 30 seconds later and it still gets brought up at family gatherings. 

You’re right, It does sound very bad.

I think I may have another mission, Anubis

• Upvote 2

Got a heavy cold, Mrs is out on her works night out and I’m having to sit here feeling like I’m dying watching Mickey Mouse with my 2 year old. I’d gladly shoot the cunt who voices him to death right now the fucking sadist.

• Upvote 1

I've been solemnly warned off "Peppa fucking Pig" from a couple other parents but Yara seems to like the books she has and a toy, I let her watch 5 minutes of an episode and she beamed. 

Not sure I see what the fuss is yet (with a very emphasised yet), what am I potentially letting myself in for here? 

On 11/21/2018 at 8:48 AM, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m in tears reading that! 

For a different reason to your lad - but that’s fucking hilarious. 

40 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I've been solemnly warned off "Peppa fucking Pig" from a couple other parents but Yara seems to like the books she has and a toy, I let her watch 5 minutes of an episode and she beamed. 

Not sure I see what the fuss is yet (with a very emphasised yet), what am I potentially letting myself in for here? 

She's a rude, obnoxious cunt and argues with friends ups. Swerve. 

• Upvote 1

Paulie is correct. Peppa Pig is beyond disgusting. Not sure how they got away with it. She's a little tantrum throwing rude cunt of a character. 

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

A894481E-7E72-497A-9C18-213C63F4E73D.png

At my daughter's gymnastics show which is completely disorganised whilst I've sat away from my other half as I can't be arsed with her at the moment. The joys.

51 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

A894481E-7E72-497A-9C18-213C63F4E73D.png

They may be firmly fixed in everyone’s imagination but have you ever read them? I’m sure some of the stories were exactly the same

18 minutes ago, Champ said:

They may be firmly fixed in everyone’s imagination but have you ever read them? I’m sure some of the stories were exactly the same

Not as an adult, but I read all of them when I was a kid. Loved the television series, too.

Other favourites included

0043309D-7FCF-447B-B942-4454D5FF0385.jpeg

0239DF9C-FB70-41E5-B5EE-C89FA1A24C57.jpeg

In the books we have Peppa is fine so will continue with them, Yara doesn't watch much TV anyway, hope to stick with that as she gets older.