You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Parenting Thread

Paul

He sounds a bit like my nephew was when he was 18 months. He didn't speak or really interact with people. He was very shy and kept his distance. He's over a year older than my lad, yet my lad was saying more than him at his 1st birthday.

He started play school when he was 2 and slowly started speaking. Now he's 3 and a half and he doesn't shut up. Play school brought him right out of his box.

As others have said, I wouldn't worry yet Mook.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Last Saturday night/Sunday morning: The kid wakes me up about 3am crying so I’m downstairs watching Mickey Mouse until 7am with her. 

This Saturday night/Sunday morning: She wakes up crying at 3.30am and I’m currently sitting downstairs watching Mickey Mouse. She seems to need about four hours sleep a night then runs around wild all day. How is this possible?

I’m hoping to catch the Coronavirus just to get some time in bed on my own. 

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Last Saturday night/Sunday morning: The kid wakes me up about 3am crying so I’m downstairs watching Mickey Mouse until 7am with her. 

This Saturday night/Sunday morning: She wakes up crying at 3.30am and I’m currently sitting downstairs watching Mickey Mouse. She seems to need about four hours sleep a night then runs around wild all day. How is this possible?

I’m hoping to catch the Coronavirus just to get some time in bed on my own. 

Our young lad can be similar. 

My missus looks into it non bloody stop. A few things that can cause this is sleep apnea. So look at tonsils, adenoids. Has she had a cold recently, are sinuses blocked? 

We notice our little fella goes off the fucking wall when he eats eggs. I do only be short of ringing his neck he, turns into such a little demon. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Juniper said:

This happened earlier this morning, our daughter finally joined us. 

Mrs Juniper was in labour for 48 bloody hours without hardly any pain relief for 43 of them. 

Shes an absolute beast that girl.

90E58EE7-18AC-4199-AE46-77311FFFCFE5.jpeg

Congratulations mate, get a good sleep tonight if you can too.

• Upvote 1

On 03/08/2019 at 23:15, Byrnie said:

@Mook Have you seen this show on Netflix? I came across it today. Can't believe I've never seen or heard of it. My little lad was singing along with loads of the songs. Proud as fuck. I thought of you when we were watching it today.

Sorry Byrnie, not sure how I missed this. I'll have a look for it on Netflix tonight & get watching it with the boys.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Mrs Juniper was in labour for 48 bloody hours without hardly any pain relief for 43 of them. 

Congratulations mate 

6 hours ago, Juniper said:

Huge congrats mate. 

6 hours ago, Juniper said:

Great news mate, does have a name yet? Our little boy is due very soon too.

Labour is an absolute bastard, isn't it?

3 hours ago, Remmie said:

Great news mate, does have a name yet? Our little boy is due very soon too.

Labour is an absolute bastard, isn't it?

Thank you all, it’s bloody great. Can’t wait to bring her home now.

I think we’re settled on Ellie. Not sure about any middle names as yet but the first name is pretty much set in stone.

All the best for the remaining pregnancy mate! 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Took my daughter (2 years old) to soft play and as usual she was having a great time. Decided to try and leave her to it a bit more this time instead of following her around and making sure she's ok and for most of the day it's going fine, but then she disappeared. I became everything I hate in a hysterical parent fearing paedophiles at every turn but I searched all the play zones thoroughly several times, the loo and all the nooks and crannies but still couldn't find her. Asked one of the staff to help and after the longest 6-7 minutes of my life she is found in the ladies toilets. 

Absolutely gut wrenching feeling and still shaken by it now. What didn't help was noticing some weird older guy wandering around aimlessly earlier on and thinking he seemed a bit noncey. 

I have since been thinking of the countless times my brother and I got lost together or individually and what we must've put my mum through. Glastonbury overnight and the Australian bush were 2 places I remember!

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Took my daughter (2 years old) to soft play and as usual she was having a great time. Decided to try and leave her to it a bit more this time instead of following her around and making sure she's ok and for most of the day it's going fine, but then she disappeared. I became everything I hate in a hysterical parent fearing paedophiles at every turn but I searched all the play zones thoroughly several times, the loo and all the nooks and crannies but still couldn't find her. Asked one of the staff to help and after the longest 6-7 minutes of my life she is found in the ladies toilets. 

Absolutely gut wrenching feeling and still shaken by it now. What didn't help was noticing some weird older guy wandering around aimlessly earlier on and thinking he seemed a bit noncey. 

I have since been thinking of the countless times my brother and I got lost together or individually and what we must've put my mum through. Glastonbury overnight and the Australian bush were 2 places I remember!

I've been there mate & it is the worst feeling in the World. Glad she was ok.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

Anyone who’s had kids have all had that feeling at some stage. Horrible.

I moved away from Liverpool years ago and my mum will still ask for text when I get home if I spoken to her and told I’m off out for the night.

Thats why mum’s are the greatest, they never stop caring.

• Upvote 2

My lad aged 6 went missing for a few hours many years ago we obviously got the police involved they were superb even scrambled the police helicopter up and dogs basically the whole nine yards .

It got to the point were they wanted a picture for circulation to other forces and the press we were literally going out of our minds thinking someone had  snatched him off the street all his mates houses were checked then the little bastard just casually turns up he'd been playing with a " new " mate that we knew nothing about the relief was simply unreal 

• Upvote 3

On 01/03/2020 at 19:10, Remmie said:

Was this around the time of your WWF draft pick? Repped for dedication. 

Found out tonight I am going to be an Uncle. Our kids got his missus up the spout. 

• Upvote 2