You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Parenting Thread

Paul

My daughter said earlier that the girl told her she got a new tablet and a Barbie doll when she got home. So it looks like they did buy her presents after all.

Still, the way it played out and the idea of not spending any time with my kids celebrating their birthdays and palming them off onto someone else doesn’t sit right with me. Who knows, maybe they’re not the complete monsters we’ve all built them up to be? Especially Champ. She’d have someone round there now examining their computer hard drives and everything if she could. 

It’s definitely strange as fuck that they didn’t give her presents before school and agreed to send her round to a virtual strangers house though. But kudos to them for buying a tablet. They can be mightily effective if you want to completely ignore a child for hours on end. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Especially Champ. She’d have someone round there now examining their computer hard drives and everything if she could. 

I have it on good authority that Cath is camped out in their back garden.

usa-texas-young-woman-looking-through-bi

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Especially Champ. She’d have someone round there now examining their computer hard drives and everything if she could. 

It’s definitely strange as fuck that they didn’t give her presents before school and agreed to send her round to a virtual strangers house though. But kudos to them for buying a tablet. They can be mightily effective if you want to completely ignore a child for hours on end. 

No, I bloody wouldn’t. I just thought it was definitely strange as fuck that they didn’t give her presents before school and agreed to send her round to a virtual strangers house though.

Anyhoo, why would I need to go round there when I know you’ll be keeping a close eye on things from now on?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Joking aside, to tell the kid she didn’t need presents because she was going to her friend’s house was a bit of a shitty thing to do to one so young.

To anyone...unless there are other cultural issues at play 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Joking aside, to tell the kid she didn’t need presents because she was going to her friend’s house was a bit of a shitty thing to do to one so young.

Six years ago when we sat the older two kids down to tell them that they were going to have a new little brother or sister, we did a “We’ve got some good news and some bad” type thing. For the bad news I said that there wasn’t enough room in the house for three kids so one of them would have to be put up for adoption. I said we’d thought long and hard about it and decided that the boy would have to go. He was almost nine at the time and he burst straight into tears. 

It sounds a lot worse written down like that than it actually was! We were all laughing 30 seconds later and it still gets brought up at family gatherings. 

37 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Six years ago when we sat the older two kids down to tell them that they were going to have a new little brother or sister, we did a “We’ve got some good news and some bad” type thing. For the bad news I said that there wasn’t enough room in the house for three kids so one of them would have to be put up for adoption. I said we’d thought long and hard about it and decided that the boy would have to go. He was almost nine at the time and he burst straight into tears. 

It sounds a lot worse written down like that than it actually was! We were all laughing 30 seconds later and it still gets brought up at family gatherings. 

You’re right, It does sound very bad.

I think I may have another mission, Anubis

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've been solemnly warned off "Peppa fucking Pig" from a couple other parents but Yara seems to like the books she has and a toy, I let her watch 5 minutes of an episode and she beamed. 

Not sure I see what the fuss is yet (with a very emphasised yet), what am I potentially letting myself in for here? 

On 11/21/2018 at 8:48 AM, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m in tears reading that! 

For a different reason to your lad - but that’s fucking hilarious. 

40 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I've been solemnly warned off "Peppa fucking Pig" from a couple other parents but Yara seems to like the books she has and a toy, I let her watch 5 minutes of an episode and she beamed. 

Not sure I see what the fuss is yet (with a very emphasised yet), what am I potentially letting myself in for here? 

She's a rude, obnoxious cunt and argues with friends ups. Swerve. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

2 hours ago, Remmie said:

A894481E-7E72-497A-9C18-213C63F4E73D.png